A business Analyst improves a business’s information technology and acts as a connection between an executive branch and IT services. Their duties include understanding IT needs, receiving operational needs, communicating to both parties, conducting meetings, documenting results, relaying those results clearly, working closely with clients, leading, training, and maintaining a budget.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Business Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Business Analyst resumes for your reference.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Effectively managed a small team while contributing to strategy development and the implementation of a global enterprise solution for a Fortune 500 company.
- Assigned projects that met goals, goals that were developed in collaboration with clients, and goals that were followed through to completion.
- Implemented globally distributed projects from inception, which included deploying products from other teams for use in line-of-business applications.
- Laid the groundwork and developed a robust and flexible process for running and analyzing global software projects.
- Achieved progress items in under three weeks in spite of project differences between West Coast and East Coast offices.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Reduced client processing time by replacing inefficient paper-based tracking; implemented electronic, automated tracking and workflow systems.
- Achieved outstanding results as a Performance Management Team Leader; increased productivity and team member morale through innovative training and development methodologies.
- Brought in $60M in new project revenue for the company; increased profits by $2M through streamlined processes and compliance initiatives.
- Increased effectiveness of internal Quality Assurance processes through identification of bottlenecks and use of team building to achieve 100% completion on all deliverables.
- Reduced the company’s cost of hiring by $500K per year with the use of metrics-driven interviews and candidate testing.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Developed a methodology utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to map out the series of procedures that needed to be followed to efficiently implement the company’s new Email Marketing Campaign; developed checklists for email administrators.
- Responded quickly to requests for information by department stakeholders; prioritized tasks to ensure timely processing.
- Provided excellent customer service; identified and recommended opportunities for enhanced services by contacting customers directly.
- Collaborated with internal customers; suggested improvements in the company’s internal processes.
- Distributed tracking software update that resulted in improved response time from accounts payable department.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Served as project manager for Microsoft SharePoint 2007 migration project; effectively involved stakeholders, assigned duties, and monitored progress.
- Suggested enhancements to the company website; updated information to reflect new company structure.
- Directed the Installation of Business Intelligence (BI) for performance management; updated department with the latest tools that could facilitate decision making.
- Integrated BI with ERP system to provide Best Best Cost analysis.
- Trained employees on updated company structure to ensure effective communication, thereby improving workflow processes.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Maintained accurate customer information; published a monthly report on how well systems completed assigned tasks; required by business leaders to meet monthly quotas.
- Gained knowledge of software design principles; ranked at the top of the company’s analyst team for timely analysis and effective communication skills.
- Assisted business owners in creating corporate policies, procedures, and standards to ensure production uptimes.
- Adhere to strict deadlines; self-directed daily project assignments within tight time frames.
- Responsible for providing accurate information regarding failing applications development projects.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Analyzed and created essential business applications to better manage public policy, credit allocation, operating efficiencies, and capital allocation.
- Created a custom database that automated the collection of data on the proprietary reports quarterly.
- Became a top performer within an organization of approximately 300 employees; received the highest score in the area of production for a project task force on a time-sensitive project.
- Described the project scope, budget, and time required for completion with stakeholders.
- Performed Research to provide proof of concept for an application that would enable the organization to successfully meet federal regulations for mandated compliance.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Selected to serve as the top liaison between the customer and the business analyst team, enabling me to expedite requests for new functionality.
- Earned accolades for thinking “outside of the box” to resolve issues identified through usability testing; presented idea at a company-wide strategy meeting.
- Presented results of business process analysis conducted during day-long kick-off meetings following the merger, demonstrating organizational impact on operations.
- Planned and executed initiative resulting in $400K in annualized cost savings; monitored budget expenditures and delivered accurate financial reporting.
- Suggested changes that enhanced the user interface of the bank’s flagship products; ensured that products met compliance requirements with applicable regulations.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Built a data warehouse to aggregate information across an international corporation’s regional offices.
- Formulated the project plan for the department’s new company-wide application based on user input, project business goals, and corporate standards.
- Coordinated the details of a multiple-department application development plan; identified and integrated non-functional requirements such as business intelligence reports, role assignment permissions, and training.
- Identified and defined new metrics to measure department progress; updated existing standards for source control of project team files; updated policies and procedures for accuracy and completeness of data within the department’s data warehouse.
- Maintained close collaboration with the head of the PMO to ensure that requirements were detailed, checked, and delivered within strict deadlines.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop detailed business requirements. Proposes solutions to meet those requirements.
- Research on critical business process change initiatives, corporate strategy, and key results. Prepares report for the review of the management team.
- Effectively prepares a proposal for proposal development process including proposal development, proposal budgeting, proposal display, and approval from the management team.
- Follow-up actions as directed by the leadership on the various projects that I was assigned to manage as a project manager or as a consultant to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Actively engaged in initiating process improvement projects to enhance the efficiency of the group. Implemented systems to manage project execution amidst defining key business metrics.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Was recognized as a top peer of the Analysis team for increasing efficiency and accuracy of team’s workload by 30 percent.
- Composing reports for executive management increased productivity, improved customer satisfaction ratings, and decreased the operational cost of the business unit.
- Managed diverse skill sets and maintained positive relationships with peers, project managers, and key business executives.
- Increased productivity and accuracy by 30 percent within one year; was selected as a member of Management’s Strategic Planning Group to help focus on improving target scores (used to measure progress against department objectives).
- Created and wrote business plans for the IT department; helped articulate and communicate objectives and technology direction throughout the organization.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Developed comprehensive information system model including information flow, data processing, and data consistency.
- Conducted analysis of the competitive environment. Conducted competitive research on key corporations to determine the key strengths and weaknesses of each firm.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of IT projects as a business asset to discern overall return on investment from those whose productivity was improved from those who were under-utilized due to inadequate training or made redundant by technology advancements.
- Coached and mentored employees by setting an example of excellence based on his excellence in performance for others to emulate.
- Co-negotiated contracts to supply IT services to ensure that all requirements were met.
IT Business Analyst Resume Sample 12
- Demonstrated technical skills; completed upgrades to a Web server, Firewall, and network.
- Replaced obsolete system with state-of-the-art technology.
- Achieved budget savings above $10 million by creating efficiencies in procedure and process.
- Determined the feasibility of implementing a new software system; researched costs for hardware, licensing fees, and maintenance contracts.
- Successfully implemented new web portal for employees; projected cost savings of $300K per year based on increased efficiency.
To work as an IT Business Analyst, you must get a bachelor’s degree in business or related field and obtain experience in the domain first. IT Business Analysts must grasp high levels of comprehension, plan and lead, analyze, create detailed reports, organize teams, and communicate to nearly every person involved.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.