An on air personality in media and journalism is someone who serves as an entertainer and provider of information for the public audience. Duties of an on air personality can include coming up with script ideas, researching topics, doing interviews, hosting shows, relaying information to others, and creating unique live content.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best On Air Personality Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real On Air Personality resumes for your reference.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 1
- Participated in over 500 phone interviews and over 100 on-camera interviews while maintaining professional composure and a positive attitude.
- Co-hosted television talk show with a wide variety of guests on topics ranging from sports to relationships to community affairs.
- Interviewed top sports figures about their victories, defeats, and personal lives for the purpose of local news reporting.
- Coordinated live public appearances for major international recording artists; handled stage setup, equipment check, ticket sales, introductions, and green room activities in a quick and professional manner.
- Participated in live event media coverage for the purpose of introducing, facilitating, and coordinating interviews of the day’s activities and guests.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 2
- Become radio personality of the month for two consecutive months.
- Hosted over 45 radio programs as a voice of education and encouragement in the main cities of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and South Dakota.
- Received outstanding contributions award from the Head of Broadcast Education at Northern State University.
- Became the first African American to host a four-hour English language news program on MN Public Radio in 1972; helped establish new guidelines for broadcasting in the state by creating new opportunities for minorities in broadcasting.
- Became effective public speaker; delivered lectures on personal development and public broadcasting at colleges, universities, seminaries, and community centers throughout Minnesota.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 3
- Introduced, developed, and supervised news, sports, and entertainment segments; collaborated with other teams on a weekly basis regarding special programming.
- Achieved award for providing reader-generated content that garnered an average of 9.5 out of 10 rating ratings.
- Set up and conducted professional development workshops through the Community Broadcaster Foundation; promoted healthy behavioral choices as an activist in social change.
- Fostered teamwork by team members while encouraging employees to communicate concepts and supporting positive student learning outcomes in a strict business environment.
- Compelled communities to open their eyes in new and exciting ways by bringing life-changing global news to local broadcast environments.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 4
- Earned a regional Emmy award for my radio show and campaign commercials promoting awareness of breast cancer.
- Developed a celebrity following among radio listeners as the “Hostess with the Mostest;” designed my own website and occasionally promoted it on air.
- Persuaded a respected local newspaper to give me a column which would be published weekly for one year.
- Won an RFP (Request For Proposal) to broadcast the Olympics with ESPN International; accepted job because of the challenge to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated dedication, initiative, and team leadership in organizing local media coverage of celebrations after 9/11 attacks.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 5
- Successfully produced and directed an award winning broadcast show which earned the prestigious Certificate of Distinction, the highest rating given by the National Association of Broadcasters.
- Implemented weekly radio and television news segments focused on social issues including AIDS, illegal immigration, and child custody issues.
- Created, launched and operated a radio affiliate with a daily average audience of over 1 million listeners in a market that had been rated as # 1 in AM ratings for twenty consecutive years.
- Reported, co-hosted, and produced daily news segments in both Spanish and English for more than 300 outlets across seven countries wherein he also appeared as a guest host.
- Operated and directed a radio station that was consistently ranked #1 in the market for daily listeners for close to a decade.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 6
- Produced, wrote, and directed over 200 public service announcements and public service announcements specials.
- Trained television talent to read scripts, write script revisions, simplify scripts, expand on story areas, and improve presentation skills.
- Dealt with the stress of canceling a show when the local broadcast network affiliate denied air time to a group of 100’s of volunteers who had been scheduling shows for 20 plus years.
- Advertised for television stations all over the nation with over 3 million hits a month on the internet search engine page for my station’s website.
- Expanded sales for the stations by building a new audience of golf television viewers.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 7
- Worked as a news reporter for three affiliates; effectively covered stories including local, national, and international news.
- Generated top ratings as a sports commentator; discussed sports highlights, statistics, and conducted interviews with coaches and athletes.
- Earned national recognition for reporting non-sports stories; interviewed politicians regarding their opinions in the state legislature.
- Wrote articles on arts, culture, community events, and politics for publication in two magazines; gained nationwide readership through the internet.
- Placed first in regional writing contest hosted by the university; won based on the style of writing an entry about death penalty debate.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 8
- Attracted thousands of fans to social media websites by concentrating on quality entertainment, music selection, and spontaneous banter that connected viewers to their friends.
- Produced special events and programming for an international audience; worked independently with a talented team of Asian professionals.
- Performed stand-up comedy at local and national festivals; published self-penned material in local papers and magazines.
- Developed, directed, and produced over a dozen original multimedia projects in the Middle East and Asia.
- Participated as a paid judge in numerous theatrical productions that required creativity, technical expertise, and tenacity.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 9
- Persuaded over 1,000 readers a week to read and comment on our website.
- Helped develop local and regional news for the community for over 2 years; promoted community events; cross-promoted community business events.
- Started two daily radio programs focused on entertainment, health, and lifestyle.
- Founded and co-hosted several online radio shows dedicated to various subjects.
- Involved in game-show production of nationally syndicated radio program.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 10
- Developed, produced, and broadcast four radio programs.
- Received several awards for delivering excellence in the category of sports reporting with quarter-hour daily shows.
- Earned award nomination for Sports Personality of the Year; continued to drive ratings for top 10 position throughout the year.
- Produced motion picture about life in South Central Los Angeles in its 40’s and 50’s as a single mother raising three sons; despite obstacles, maintained the belief that she could overcome challenges through inspiration and determination to one day become a writer.
- Attended programming seminars throughout United States; developed skills required to excel in on-air broadcast at local television stations.
On Air Personality Resume Sample 11
- Developed and implemented the post-show content for the newscast, as well as took on several additional duties such as special assignment editorials, and news reporting.
- Taught staff members how to keep up with news and stay on top of their industry’s events.
- Became proficient at photo editing software; created 3D Artsy magazine articles.
- Created in-house award winning website for sport’s broadcasting company; promoted site through social networking platforms.
- Performed Spanish interpretation of conference calls, using voice-over software.
Education required to be an on air personality can include a high school diploma and up to a degree in journalism, communications or similar field of study. Necessary skills include an outgoing personality, strong verbal communication, strong fact checking ability, strong computer/equipment skills, networking skills, as well as a unique personality and speaking voice.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.