These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Grant Writer resumes for your reference.
- Research, prepare, write and submit grant proposals for non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- Create timelines, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Identify community resources for networking and collaboration.
- Collect, analyze and report data on the performance of funded programs.
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Interpret guidelines, and gather material and information necessary for a competitive proposal.
- Write letters of inquiry, event sponsorship applications, and grant proposals.
- Conduct SWOT analysis, with a primarily focus upon fund development and strategic planning.
- Prepared, wrote, and edited grant proposals for K-6 grade elementary schools and non- profit organizations.
- Developed effective relationships with clients, SMEs, and staff to gain an understanding of the goals, objectives, budget requirements, and measurable outcomes of the program seeking funding.
- Conducted research through online directories, funder websites, and filed 990s to identify foundations and private or public funding agencies best matched with the program seeking funding.
- Identify, compose and submit grant applications to foundation and corporate sponsors.
- Connect with prospective grant foundations, submit projections, budgets, reports, LOI’s and action plan for the next fiscal year.
- Work with the Individual Giving department in composing and submitting membership mail materials.
- Compose and analyze monthly accomplishments and submit reports of year-end projections.
- Write grant proposals, cover letters, letters of inquiry and intent, corporate letters, acknowledgement letters and funding reports.
- Perform research to identify funding opportunities and create and maintain grant schedules.
- Aid organizations in building relationships with funders by providing research and making initial contacts.
- Accurately interpreted funding guidelines, human resources policies, and latest federal laws and regulations in support of project/concept development.
- Served as the liaison between College District and funding agencies by providing status updates on pending grant applications.
- Updated grants management database to create and disseminate reports.
- Increased efficiency of day-to-day operation by providing professional level administrative, technical, and analytical duties.
- Researching grant opportunities from available grant makers using various Internet resources, as well as generating proposal letters and direct phone calls to foundation contacts.
- Wrote and submitted grant applications and proposals that have raised about $20,000 in grant funding in less than 6 months, which is the highest amount of grant funding received by the organization in a single year.
- Wrote marketing material for direct fundraising requests that raised an additional $5,000.
- Researched and wrote grants, with an emphasis on locating new donors.
- Worked with program staff throughout six counties to identify areas of need and put together compelling proposals.
- Created an array of strategic tools to ensure proposals aligned with the organization’s mission and areas of greatest need.
- Analyzed the grant purposes and grant needs within various school departments.
- Completed general research and information gathering tasks regarding proposal subject matters.
- Responsible for completion of grant writing and documentation within mandated timelines.
- Write a grant that allowed for purchase of not only the microscope equipment, but also of dissection kits, binoculars, and an opportunity for the under-privileged students serviced by June Jordan to access boat trips on the Bay for their science program.
- Worked in coordination with Development Director and Co-Chief Executive Officer to write and submit competitive grant proposals.
- Prepared required reporting documents to fulfill grant contract requirements.
- Experience writing and successfully securing grant proposals for funding/in-kind requests totaling up to $400,000.
- Managed and tracked grant budgets and accounts to ensure compliance with grant contracts and applicable laws.
- Draft proposals/ LOIs and submit all necessary documentation as a part of grant application.
- Track statistics relevant to development and donor stewardship (e.g. quality of programs, number of donations, etc.).
- Created partnerships with local schools and the Department of Labor to provide paid, full-time work to 8 low-income individuals at our organization.