Title Examiners are responsible for researching and looking through public records to find the legal status of property titles. Their duties include examining records to determine ownership, analyzing documents, laws, and statutes, copying and summarizing files, analyzing risks to claims, resolving issues, and preparing reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Title Examiner Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Title Examiner resumes for your reference.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 1
- Prepared legal descriptions for 160 parcels utilizing GIS.
- Revoked two loans on defaulted properties; received compliance with state statutes and regulations on both accounts.
- Educated public personnel on the proper use of GIS during training seminars.
- Provided technical assistance to customers in order to resolve title discrepancies, brokered sales between family members, and ordered tax records.
- Tracked down missing documentation on a 20-year old subdivision filing that was vital to getting the home refinanced for my client.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 2
- Expedited, located and planned efficient workflow for daily processing of legal documents.
- Redirected to appropriate personnel when inquiries were outside assigned area.
- Detected discrepancies in legal descriptions that enabled research and negotiation between buyers and sellers.
- Confirmed all information on document images were accurately transcribed.
- Recognized as the most prolific Examiner because of high productivity rate; earned praise from company executives for dedication and excellence.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 3
- Investigate and research real property titles to determine the validity of each claim as recorded against a particular tract of land, as well as its relationship to other claims.
- Maintain files on all transactions and documents related to the title status.
- Locate and examine primary and secondary evidence of current records or past instruments that affect or encumber properties located throughout New York State.
- Provide written and oral testimony in court cases involving title disputes; subpoenaed eight times during trial process for real estate litigation involving complicated ownership records.
- Review final inspection reports before closing of sale/title transfer between County Clerk’s Office and verified customers.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 4
- Evaluated and appraised risks in ambiguous situations; required extensive research into multiple legal case files.
- Conducted thorough examinations of title documents including but not limited to agreements, contracts, mortgages, deeds, easements and liens; performed consultations with outside counsel when needed.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in complex real estate transactions such as split estate and adverse possession analysis which was instrumental in resolving a land dispute worth $15 million dollars.
- Reviewed over 100 titles on historic properties across Pennsylvania’s state system; evaluated current owners’ claims against past laws that restricted African American ownership of property after the Civil War.
- Coordinated researcher efforts involving hundreds of historical documents in the appraisal of historical properties in Philadelphia.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 5
- Receive new or reopened investigations from assigned attorney(s) and code them according to procedures.
- Review investigation file for adherence to agency policies and procedures, including discovery, disclosure, and claim requirements.
- Document results of examination in report format with reference to applicable codes/definitions; prepare exhibits.
- Develop an exam strategy that incorporates the use of CAQ multi-tab tools and other secondary resources for efficient work processing.
- Perform complex research under supervision due to absence of key information contained in case file; resolve issues in a timely manner.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 6
- Successfully formalized hundreds of title transfers through the development of agreements, affidavits, wills, warranty deeds, etc.
- Identified over 100 potential defects in titles and noted errors in survey documents by researching at 30 county offices.
- Assisted attorney-instructors with research materials for this largest bar preparation course in state history; recognized by Human Resources staff for superior job performance.
- Scanned thousands of pages of documents into digital format to improve workflow processes between different departments.
- Instructed new employees on variations involving requirements for reviewing deeds to ensure compliance with Texas Property Code provisions.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 7
- Handled 100+ title examinations over a 5-year period.
- Reviewed and analyzed titles for compliance with federal, state, county, and municipal laws.
- Maintained complete confidential records of all title transactions within the division.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation from Assistant State Attorney for proficiency in criminal prosecution of larceny cases.
- Served as proofreader on all transcripts for accuracy, spelling, usage, punctuation and format according to state guidelines.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 8
- Initiated, prepared and delivered reports of detailed research in a timely manner.
- Presented findings to attorneys in litigation with accuracy at all times.
- Discovered new information on case law during the course of research relating to title examination for preparation of cases for trial.
- Prepared client’s position paper summarizing data from research over a two-month period that was instrumental in winning the case.
- Received outstanding performance award from attorney after presentation at settlement conference.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 9
- Examined titles for servitudes, ordered subordinations, and noted exceptions to policy.
- Reviewed complex documents to identify potential points of failure in closing process.
- Recognized by Senior Title Examiner for superior performance.
- Provided accuracy report information to clients regarding defects found in property being purchased or insured.
- Dedicated ten hours a week helping the public find needed legal services through an online directory listing.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 10
- Identified and filed cases within established time limits.
- Researched precedents, bylaws, corporate charters, leases, titles, claims, and contracts to aid attorneys in case preparation.
- Assisted paralegal staff by conducting title searches, researching legal history of a designated area of property for use in litigation involving disputed boundaries.
- Examined complex hardcopy files created from word processor data with various macros enabled to find differences in information that could be used as evidence in court cases. Examined large volumes of package documents consisting of hundreds of pages to locate pertinent records within the data.
- Contributed with team effort in successfully closing bankruptcy cases with significant assets.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 11
- Prepared legal documents for commercial real estate transactions.
- Processed trust transfers, foreclosures, tax liens, bankruptcies, divorce decrees, and judgments.
- Mapped out entire county land records search to find all land records.
- Discovered errors in abstractions that could cause costly problems by providing high quality research services.
- Apply correct procedures ensuring accuracy of title searches based on geographical location of subject property.
Title Examiner Resume Sample 12
- Authored a company manual on how to conduct abstracts from public records.
- Secured purchase of the largest competitor, as well as two smaller companies, increasing revenue by 35% in one year.
- Negotiated over 20 legal cases and mediated issues with banks, buyers, sellers, and other title agencies.
- Reviewed thousands of documents for accuracy and ensured that all files were complete before being delivered to the trustee’s office or transferred to a seller/purchaser representative.
- A high level of expertise in multiple forms of real estate transactions including loan agreements, tax deeds, quit claims deeds, leases, releases and subordination agreements was acquired through years of experience.
To be a Title Examiner, you must have a high school diploma/GED and 2-5 years of experience as a title examiner or in a relevant field. Title Examiners demonstrate computer competency, experience with Title production platforms such as ResWare, ValueCheck, and SoftPro, positive attitude, multitasking, organizational, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.