These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Farmer resumes for your reference.
- Gained extensive experience operating heavy equipment and necessary knowledge to safely perform duties involved on the ocean in all weather conditions.
- Studied HACCP laws and regulations dealing with safe handling and shipping of seafood products.
- Developed wild mussel market for premium hand raked Jordan River mussels and sold to distributors nationwide to support the farm while the first year class of rope mussels grew.
- Seeded, irrigated, and cultivated a variety of greens for first season and fruiting crops.
- Assisted with constructing compost bins and vemicompost system to provide long term soil fertility.
- Constructed hoop greenhouses that provided shelter needed to grow greens.
- Plant, harvest, and process a wide variety of animal feeds and foods for human consumption.
- Market products and interface with clients/customers, supply chains, and labor networks.
- Learn about farmer culture, decision making, and values.
- Drove trucks, tractors, and other equipment to distribute feed to animals.
- Examined animals to detect illness, injury, or disease, and to check physical characteristics, such as rate of weight gain.
- Provided medical treatment, such as administering medications and vaccinations, or arranged for veterinarians to provide more extensive treatment.
- Prepared farm vegetables and cultivate a wholesome environment for fruits and vegetables to grow.
- Performed duties, such as harvesting of crops, product packaging or grading, or equipment maintenance.
- Confer with management to evaluate weather or soil conditions, to develop plans or procedures, or to discuss issues such as changes in fertilizers, herbicides, or cultivating techniques.
- Install and maintain electronic equipment on tractors and equipment for myself and neighbors (GPS, rate controllers, row shutoffs for sprayers and planters).
- Troubleshooting and repair of electronics (controls and sensors) on neighbor’s farm equipment.
- Perform custom field work for neighbor (i.e. Planting, Harvesting, Spraying).
- Maintain and repair older farm equipment using mechanical skills (i.e. rebuild engines, hydraulic cylinders, weld broken parts, general maintenance of equipment).
- Using organic practices, cultivate annual vegetables and gourmet mushrooms.
- Work the land by preparing the soil, weeding, irrigating, tending plants/fungi, planting trees, etc. to help them succeed in an ever-changing environment.
- Work efficiently to complete the day’s tasks, utilizing ingenuity to overcome obstacles.
- Planted, cultivated, and harvested various crops such as corn, grain, and cotton.
- Quarterly performed duties tilling the soil and applying fertilizer for more than 1,000 acres.
- Executed the operation, and repair of farm machineries and equipment.
- We grow everything from vegetables to fruits primarily Pepper, Tomatoes, OI nions, Garlic, Papaya, and Watermelons.
- Also we grow a wide variety of animal fodder.
- We have a 500 hectare farm and were aggressively farming 320 hectares which 50 hectares were drip irrigation and 25 hectares sprinkler system.
- I worked doing a lot of farming and tending to crops.
- I worked with many different animals and their feed.
- I worked a lot with crops, making sure that they were ready at any time of the day or night.
- I also did a lot of physical labour building things for the animals, working on the wheel lines for the water system.
- Maintenance and repair of Farm infrastructure.Involved in processes such as seeding, transplanting, and sales of mango and hydroponic tomato farm.
- Oversee quality of Hydroponic system to progress plant health.
- Company Representative and responsible for sales and money handling of farm fresh produce at multiple farmer’s markets in Los Angelos & Coachella Valley Area.
- Team member of a work-trade program, splitting time between acting as a liaison between Hana Farms and the community and other guests at the roadside stand, as well as being a farmer.
- Participated in Farm Day activities, centered around the communal vegetable garden and focused on learning how to grow my own food supply, learning about permaculture in practice.
- Learned the native flora/fauna, layered compost, harvested fruit/vegetables, propagated different species of seeds/crops.