A farmer uses agricultural methods to cultivate land in order to produce food for consumption. Duties include planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops, providing advice on proper agricultural methods to other farmers, maintaining the safety of their animals against disease or predation by wildlife, applying pesticides or fertilizer when appropriate, caring for farm equipment including tractors and trucks, assisting with processing harvested products into consumer-ready goods including canning or cheese production. The top skills for this position are knowledge of farming techniques, business management skills, physical stamina and strength, interaction with customers/clients. No formal education is needed, however, compliance with state laws and regulations is required.
The Best Farmer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Farmer resumes for your reference.
- Gained extensive experience operating heavy equipment and necessary knowledge to safely perform duties involved on the ocean in all weather conditions.
- Studied HACCP laws and regulations dealing with safe handling and shipping of seafood products.
- Developed wild mussel market for premium hand-raked Jordan River mussels and sold to distributors nationwide to support the farm while the first-year class of rope mussels grew.
- Directed, organized, and managed an 80-acre farm in rural Washington State.
- Participated in and coordinated the planting of over 65,000 spruce trees on site.
- Seeded, irrigated and cultivated a variety of greens for the first season and fruiting crops.
- Assisted with constructing compost bins and vermicompost system to provide long-term soil fertility.
- Constructed hoop greenhouses that provided shelter needed to grow greens.
- Created a self-sustaining community environment on the farm by creating a public sustainable garden area for local consumption.
- Purchased over 100 head of cattle for slaughter to provide fresh products for family and neighbors at all times.
- Plant, harvest, and process a wide variety of animal feeds and foods for human consumption.
- Market products and interface with clients/customers, supply chains, and labor networks.
- Learn about farmer culture, decision-making, and values.
- Fertilized 500 acres with manure from 200 head of cattle annually.
- Raised more than one million chickens and turkeys annually on a large-scale farm for Tyson Foods, Pilgrim’s Pride Foods, and other distributors.
- Drove trucks, tractors, and other equipment to distribute feed to animals.
- Examined animals to detect illness, injury, or disease, and to check physical characteristics, such as rate of weight gain.
- Provided medical treatment, such as administering medications and vaccinations, or arranged for veterinarians to provide more extensive treatment.
- Sought new markets for large farms through leadership roles in developing relationships with local retail outlets.
- Cultivated new products which led to acquired trademark of “The Original” brand of barbecue sauce which was sold in retail outlets across the nation.
- Prepared farm vegetables and cultivate a wholesome environment for fruits and vegetables to grow.
- Performed duties, such as harvesting of crops, product packaging or grading, or equipment maintenance.
- Confer with management to evaluate weather or soil conditions, develop plans or procedures, or discuss issues such as changes in fertilizers, herbicides, or cultivating techniques.
- Planted and harvested a crop of fresh produce which was transported to grocery store shelves across the nation by air express services.
- Developed a plan of obtaining land to increase growth opportunities in the future by studying lending requirements.
- Install and maintain electronic equipment on tractors and equipment for myself and neighbors (GPS, rate controllers, row shutoffs for sprayers and planters).
- Troubleshooting and repair of electronics (controls and sensors) on neighbor’s farm equipment.
- Perform custom fieldwork for neighbors (i.e. Planting, Harvesting, Spraying).
- Maintain and repair older farm equipment using mechanical skills (i.e. rebuild engines, hydraulic cylinders, weld broken parts, general maintenance of equipment).
- Increased grove by 300% over the past five years.
- Using organic practices, cultivate annual vegetables and gourmet mushrooms.
- Work the land by preparing the soil, weeding, irrigating, tending plants/fungi, planting trees, etc. to help them succeed in an ever-changing environment.
- Work efficiently to complete the day’s tasks, utilizing ingenuity to overcome obstacles.
- Planted, harvested, and delivered to grocery stores every year for five consecutive years.
- Attained record high yield using cover crop mixed with regular organic fertilizer of 20-5-5.
- Planted, cultivated, and harvested various crops such as corn, grain, and cotton.
- Quarterly performed duties tilling the soil and applying fertilizer for more than 1,000 acres.
- Executed the operation, and repair of farm machinery and equipment.
- Purchased green machines to harvest crops in a faster, more efficient manner.
- Developed an irrigation system for the grove; experienced a 20% increase in profits after implementing drought-tolerant plants and drip hoses.
- We grow everything from vegetables to fruits primarily Pepper, Tomatoes, OI onions, Garlic, Papaya, and Watermelons.
- Also, we grow a wide variety of animal fodder.
- We have a 500-hectare farm and were aggressively farming 320 hectares which 50 hectares were drip irrigation and 25 hectares sprinkler system.
- Rescued a dairy farm from bankruptcy by repaying overdue loans, increasing milk production, and repairing fences.
- Assisted in the development of a county recreation program by attending meetings and implementing plans for playground equipment.
- I worked doing a lot of farming and tending to crops.
- I worked with many different animals and their feed.
- I worked a lot with crops, making sure that they were ready at any time of the day or night.
- I also did a lot of physical labor building things for the animals, working on the wheel lines for the water system.
- Raised funds by hosting an annual corn roast to purchase new equipment for farm implements.
- Maintenance and repair of Farm infrastructure. Involved in processes such as seeding, transplanting, and sales of mango and hydroponic tomato farm.
- Oversee the quality of the Hydroponic system to progress plant health.
- Company Representative and responsible for sales and money handling of farm-fresh produce at multiple farmer’s markets in Los Angelos & Coachella Valley Area.
- Established local Farmers Union chapter to coordinate information and promote government-marketing programs.
- Attracted more customers with my homemade ice cream; gained recognition award after a perfect score on quality control inspection of dairy products.
- Team member of a work-trade program, splitting time between acting as a liaison between Hana Farms and the community and other guests at the roadside stand, as well as being a farmer.
- Participated in Farm Day activities, centered around the communal vegetable garden and focused on learning how to grow my own food supply, learning about permaculture in practice.
- Learned the native flora/fauna, layered compost, harvested fruit/vegetables, propagated different species of seeds/crops.
- Increased family income to $10,000 from October 2007 until the present.
- Reduced water use by 20% during drought by experimenting with alternate methods of irrigation.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.