Crew chiefs manage a crew of hospitality workers. Their duties include training employees, ensuring quality control, customer service, keeping efficiency up and labor costs from going up, monitoring workplace safety, supervising shifts and openings/closings, keeping inventory in stock, and completes daily cash counting and financial reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Crew Chief Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Crew Chief resumes for your reference.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 1
- Expedited customer checkouts, by reducing error rates by 70% and doubling daily throughput.
- Stabilized the counter operations of two service stations during severe storms.
- Returned seized assets to the Sheriff’s office within 24 hours of notification, leading to the release of $8,000 in confiscated beer for City Parks.
- Maintained immaculate condition of assigned district during inspections; district received 10 consecutive A grades.
- Recruited and trained eight new employees within first year; recognized as Crew Chief of the Quarter for maximized productivity and profitability.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 2
- Responsible for the safety of over 200,000 meals prepared in the kitchen by following safety guidelines.
- Promoted consistent teamwork between employees in order to achieve greater guest satisfaction.
- Managed over 30 employees, led staff through training programs, and was adept at coordinating schedules.
- Identified which employees needed additional training in order to meet company expectations.
- Maintained consistent quality in food production that was displayed in service delivery throughout the establishment.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 3
- Wrote a comprehensive, job specific manual for all employees to follow.
- Supervised over 500 employees and over 1200 guests.
- Studied travel regulations/tourism regulations to ensure safety and well-being of every travel passenger during every flight.
- Managed a budget for 24,000 dollars with 20% salaries to employees at the minimum wage rate.
- Organized employee loyalty programs that result in improved customer service, increased income, and improved employee morale.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 4
- Supervised and managed team of 20 members in the removal of clutter, reorganization, and straightening up of organization.
- Managed budget, earned highest pay grade in plant; earned “Top Performer” award.
- Directed work flow; gained knowledge of his own efficiency; earned individual praise for exemplary work.
- Achieved outstanding performance ratings by superiors after completing construction projects on time and ahead of schedule while maintaining high standards in quality.
- Developed two-year plan for teamwork consisting of enhanced productivity; created role models; gained repeat loyalty to superior’s management style through achievement goals.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 5
- Managed and coordinated restaurant roll-out for new franchises totaling $350 million in annual revenue.
- Mentored and led staff as they established and implemented new procedures related to fiscal management, customer service, and food preparation; recognized by the Executive Chef as a Team Player.
- Installed low-viscosity hydrocarbon piping by using the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge a lodged section of pipe.
- Perform emergency medical procedures after an accident to restore breathing; received praise from the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians for outstanding level of skill and commitment.
- Restored productivity when departments worked in competing agendas by giving incentives for cooperation and ensuring that the public was served within predetermined time frames.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 6
- Maximized profit for chain restaurant by effectively overseeing all food production, daily cleaning, and maintenance for kitchen and dining room.
- Adapted to changing demands; filled in as relief manager following Manager’s illness. Managed attractive female wait staff by motivating customer satisfaction.
- Recruited light-footed, friendly Server to accommodate older male customers’ needs. Aided her with customer relationships by determining preferred table seating locations, meal preferences, and special requests.
- Originated employee restructuring for better efficiency within staffing levels; directed section managers’ replacement of less-skilled workers with individuals more suitable to job demands.
- Intimately observed every aspect of the preparation, service, and clean-up process for a formal banquet.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 7
- Organized, prepared, and served breakfast in a nightclub to accommodate the 8 hour shift.
- Supervised cooks, waiters, bartenders, security guards, valets, and cleaning personnel under intense pressures of work at all times.
- Evaluated employees performance based on strict criteria in relation to their positions before granting them permission for attendance at nightclub events.
- Handled cash flow problems during cash shortage by establishing new checks systems for incoming money.
- Quickly learned procedures in an emergency situation by saving lives through CPR training at the University of Phoenix’s Emergency training facilities.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 8
- Responsible for drilling and performing maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Ensured daily operations started and timed correctly as both safety and efficiency were kept as priorities.
- Developed a strong safety culture through consistently following recommended procedures and operational guidelines; acted as a role model for staff.
- Quickly identified the most appropriate personnel to fill vacancies created by out-of-town workers; reinstituted safety practices and policies, if lapsed due to absence of an appropriate cover.
- Recruited and retained the best employees by first identifying their individual strengths, then developing a blue-print to help them achieve their personal goals.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 9
- Accommodated 700+ guests with high-quality service in a 140-seat restaurant.
- Responded to guest needs in a timely manner in a busy dining room.
- Maintained the cleanliness and safety of all employees and guests.
- Handled emergency situation in a professional manner while always caring for the safety of the guests and crew members.
- Initiated, directed, and maintained positive relationships with coworkers by establishing open communication channels for problem resolution.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 10
- Met or exceeded every performance goal established during the course of six months, including but not limited to guest satisfaction, employee harmony, and employee relations; was awarded for exemplary performance. (Note: Employee relations include safety and security awareness training, employee recognition programs, and employment resolutions.)
- Trained nine new employees within one month of employment; streamlined performance through effective delegation of duties.
- Reduced expenses for home office management by $25 per visit; eliminated paperwork by pioneering the use of handheld computing devices for real-time data entry.
- Achieved success as a team leader by motivating others to team achievement.
- Earned the respect and confidence of the regional and home office managers through consistent achievement of my hourly objectives.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 11
- Provided impeccable customer care in a quick-paced restaurant environment; recognized by the manager for my excellent service.
- Performed flawlessly as a busboy and waiter; engaged directly with over 100 restaurant patrons during service periods.
- Achieved Certified Food Safety Manager certification. Presented excellent sanitation and sanitization practices at all times while providing food to guests.
- Defined and contributed to the development of new menu items for an award-winning restaurant; recognized by the owner.
- Recruited and trained over 50 members of staff, then moved up to Crew Chief position during my three years at the restaurant.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 12
- Assigned, trained, and supervised a team of fifteen students in all phases of restaurant service.
- Constructed and managed a customer service training program for staff in the main dining room.
- Coordinated with owners to execute a full-service bar menu in under 3 months.
- Wrote, executed, and managed a multi-city, highly successful employee recognition promotion campaign to increase sales and staff morale.
- Established and coached a divisional sales quota system that culminated in divisional sales increases of 40% over the previous year.
Crew Chief Resume Sample 13
- Thoroughly cleaned and maintained room, hallways, and grounds of three different hospitality hospitality properties.
- Designed and produced transportable event spaces for company’s employee’s retreats, including catering, storage of equipment, and daily clean-up.
- Generated revenues of $50 to $100 per organized event organized by co-workers, friends, family members.
- Accomplished statistical duties for company’s marketing study group to accurately analyze customer data.
- Performed occasional repair work on the equipment that was used for guest services at two different facilities.
To work as a crew chief, you need a high school diploma or GED, and many employers require proven experience in the hospitality sector. Crew chiefs must show strong leadership, be committed to customer satisfaction, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, show organization and time management skills, be a proactive troubleshooter, have a good eye for details, and be able to teach skills to others to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Crew Chief Resume Samples
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 1
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 2
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 3
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 4
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 5
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 6
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 7
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 8
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 9
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 10
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 11
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 12
- Crew Chief Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up