Psychiatric Social Worker provide support and individualized guidance to patients. Their duties include interviewing patients to best determine a course of action, implementing personalized treatment plans, providing individual and group therapy, monitoring progress through reports and records, guiding and informing the family on treatment and living with the patient, providing or prescribing treatments and services, and aiding transition back into normal community.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Psychiatric Social Worker resumes for your reference.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 1
- Collaborated with psychiatric nursing staff to establish a therapeutic milieu with the patient population.
- Participated in initiation of crisis intervention team approach to disaster management, coordination of case conference for high risk patients, and community outreach programs.
- Promoted public relations by increasing understanding about mental illness through presentations regarding psychiatric services at community agency conferences.
- Redefined social work approaches to psychotherapy by streamlining treatment procedures resulting in an increase in patient retention rate from 20% to 70%.
- Re-conceptualized hospital philosophy towards major clinical initiatives involving assertive community treatment, stringent adherence to medication regimens, and close government regulation.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 2
- Provided social services to clients with mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems.
- Worked for over three years as a crisis line counselor; responsible for telephone triage of emergency situations.
- Guided patients on psychiatric medication management and monitored symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- Presented at local conferences on the impact of homeless mentally ill women’s experiences on self-esteem using peer support strategies.
- Experienced in filing third party reimbursement forms, patient case summaries, insurance claims, progress notes, treatment plans, job descriptions.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 3
- Provided outpatient therapy services for low income, uninsured residents of Fairfax county, facilitating recovery from mental illness.
- Trained undergraduate students in clinical counseling techniques during summer internships at Johns Hopkins University.
- Taught weekly support group sessions focusing on depression awareness and education for senior citizens living in an assisted living facility.
- Delivered trainings on stress management, conflict resolution, and empowerment to underprivileged women in rural India.
- Introduced positive social change into the lives of people with disabilities through motivational speaking engagements across the United States.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 4
- Counseled patients and their families in a manner that allowed them to resolve interpersonal issues.
- Provided in-home services to adult clients within a prescribed 24 hour period when necessary.
- Worked closely with other members of the crisis team, providing support by walking out to dangerous situations.
- Supervised the Stress Management Workshop Series at local hospitals for 14 months including own presentations based on best research literature knowledge.
- Chaired an interdisciplinary group which assessed all psychiatric patients upon admission to emergency room, allowing patients speedy transfer if legitimate need arose.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 5
- Provided individual, family, couple, and group therapy.
- Received the Presidential Citation Award for outstanding contributions to patient care; responsible for ensuring quality service is provided to patients by removing obstacles that interfere with their treatment.
- Trained several interns on the specific social work skills necessary for adequate therapeutic intervention.
- Presented paper at state convention about journey through grief counseling due to recent death of spouse; gained state-wide recognition for looking beyond personal tragedy to help others overcome similar loss.
- Established support groups which meet regularly with remarkable success rate in aiding patients who suffer from mood disorders, substance abuse, alcoholism, cancer, etc.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 6
- Acted in a consultative capacity with the State of Texas in developing new programs, policies, and procedures.
- Supervised a team of social workers to ensure compliance with federal requirements governing the management of over $30 million dollars in mental health funds.
- Collaborated with the organization’s Director on program development efforts to improve service outcomes for children with disabilities.
- Resolved difficult case status from initial referral meetings with agency staff, self-advocates, families, etc.
- Achieved state accreditation by implementing quality assurance standards including administrative and clinical supervision systems that ensured consistent provision of quality services to clients.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 7
- Provided psychotherapy to patients from diverse backgrounds, from single-parent homes, young families and college students to elderly widows and retirees.
- Partner with psychiatrists and other members of the treatment team in planning and implementation of comprehensive psychiatric care.
- Evaluated mental health programs for schools; conducted research presenting results at state, regional, and national conferences.
- Established rapport with community leaders as an advocate for those living in poverty; organized free clinics, counseling sessions, toy drives for underprivileged children at Christmas time.
- Helped clients overcome their personal difficulties by teaching coping skills such as stress management and relaxation; referred them to community resources for assistance with housing problems or legal issues.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 8
- Ameliorated the quality of life for over two-hundred patients in need by increasing support system awareness through individual treatment plans.
- Helped improve the lives of underprivileged children in emergency shelters with consistent social work services to reduce psychological stress.
- Provided crisis intervention counseling and psychiatric therapy to adolescent patients. Developed mental health interventions for families of pediatric cancer patients.
- Promoted emotional stability through family education of schizophrenia, grief counseling, parenting skills instruction, and depression management.
- Recognized by peers for outstanding service; awarded Employee of the Year award upon successful installation of new electronic medical records system.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 9
- Engaged in direct counseling services to patients and caregivers; assessed mental, social, and financial needs.
- Provided resources for patients referred by the courts, including budgeting/financial counseling through mobile credit checks at monthly visits; recognized with three month service award.
- Invested time to teach mentally ill adults how to cook using low cost groceries during aftercare hours; recognized by peers for dedication.
- Mentored medical students regarding the influence of childhood traumas on psychopathology; invited back as clinical preceptor two years consecutively.
- Influenced judicial officers’ decision making process when providing testimonial evidence during court hearings. Invited to participate in mock trial representing the agency as an expert witness.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 10
- Ensure that psychiatric patients had safe, clean surroundings; lead group therapy sessions.
- Gave guidance and encouragement to patients, family members, staff personnel of state hospitals.
- Utilized therapeutic techniques in work with chronically mentally ill children to reduce the likelihood of institutionalization.
- Promoted public relations of state mental institutions by giving presentations at civic organizations and conferences of professionals.
- Acted as an adjunct instructor for graduate students at local universities in coursework related to social work through case studies involving chronic psychiatric patients.
Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 11
- Supported and advocated for clients’ rights and welfare through participation in numerous community groups and organizations.
- Provided information, encouragement, and referrals to adults with mental health issues; helped them find programs that addressed their needs.
- Focused on long-term recovery by working collaboratively with other members of the treatment team to develop plans of care.
- Streamlined the transition process for adolescents and their families, upon completion of services with child and family agency’s residential treatment program.
- Attained personal satisfaction from helping clients achieve their goals through individual, group, and family therapy sessions; helped clients realize personal potentials through various creative modalities.
To become a Psychiatric Social Worker, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field, and some employers require you to have a Master of Social Work (MSW). You must have empathy, patience, good judgement, professionalism, self-motivation, people skills, written and verbal communication skills, and adaptability to dynamic environments.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Samples
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 1
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 2
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 3
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 4
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 5
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 6
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 7
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 8
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 9
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 10
- Psychiatric Social Worker Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up