Programmer Analysts are responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining software applications. This includes using business logic to design the software, writing codes, and testing the software for bugs and security issues. This role is very detail-oriented, and strong analytical skills are important. It’s common to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or software engineering for this position.
The Best Programmer Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Programmer Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Created and maintained SSIS ETL packages to extract data from different systems, and load a variety of large volume data into a data warehouse from different sources like flat files, Excel files, etc.
- Experience developing ETL processes for data extraction and transformation in databases.
- SQL Scripting, using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 and 2012, to update, add, or delete information for records within tables.
- Solved software development problems for two years by maintaining and updating the word processing system.
- Maintained a computer database regarding the number of program changes per period, identified time-phased changes that were not incorporated in schedules, and reconciled data with source code.
- Plan and coordinate database design, development, implementation, maintenance, and user support of clinical systems.
- Develop and maintain good communications and working relationships with teams and external clients.
- Part of various study initialization meetings like kick-off and provided technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients.
- Interacted with corporate team and CDM team members to negotiate timelines, responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Contributed to project success by ensuring compliance with performance standards.
- Proficient in handling massive amounts of financial data warehouse data and creating Data Profiling, Data Mapping, Data lineage, Design Documents, and test case documents.
- Optimized ETL and Teradata SQL queries to complete the batch processing before SLA.
- Designing and programming Hadoop jobs for ETL using the technologies like PIG, HIVE, and HDFS.
- Data Migration from Teradata to Hadoop Hive created ETL process in Hadoop environment and loaded data in Hive tables.
- Served as an integral part of the team while contributing to quality control and assurance activities.
- Wrote change of address, change of name, and change of ownership letter process in COBOL/IDMS. Modified letter processes as the need arise.
- Wrote HIPAA 3-year mailing process for qualified products to satisfy requirements dictated by the insurance industry.
- Wrote NCOA process to update customer addresses where it applies on a quarterly basis.
- Recognized by my supervisor for superb personal attention to detail when making source code changes, which improved 100% in productivity as compared to previous programmers’ productivity levels.
- Effectively contributed to an integrated, multi-process ERP solution that satisfied IT Department, Corporate Finance, and Audit requirements.
- Worked with end-users, Senior Programmer Analysts, and Business Analysts to define business problems and design systems, programs, and reports to improve the operations of the organization.
- Assisted in creating documents necessary to allow end-users to evaluate proposed new programs or program modifications.
- Participated in the creation of necessary documentation, including end-user documentation and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in using T-SQL to develop complex Stored Procedures, Tables, Views, User Functions, and queries involving multiple tables.
- Improved existing solutions by providing additional reports/data/invoicing tools.
- Worked in an insurance project that deals with policy management and calculation of reserves and the premiums to be paid for each policyholder.
- Developed mainframe-related tools that ease manual validation by individuals thereby improving performance and time efficiency.
- Mentored tyro members to easily get hold of the process flow and guided them to give fruitful results.
- Adept at intimating and exhibiting ideas at higher business levels with good results.
- Created customized applications for Critical Operations (i.e., finance) with minimal development effort and budget.
- Performed the role of Senior Technical analyst for both Salesforce and Oracle EBS in the organization.
- Worked with various salesforce.com objects like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Reports, and Custom Objects.
- Developed Apex Classes, Controller Classes, and Apex Triggers for various functional needs in the application.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales cloud implementation and Services cloud.
- Developed custom programs for reporting, monitoring, and controlling the Global Logistics Network (GLN).
- Participate in requirements & design phases in the following business & systems areas: Order Processing, Inventory Management, Catalog system, Personalization system, and Invoicing.
- Responsible for programming/coding assignments on a regular basis.
- This includes documenting issues and problems, coordinating the resolution process, and documenting the resolution.
- Revise existing systems/application programs and procedures to correct errors, improve efficiency and add new features.
- Performed complex projects with minimal supervision under time pressure in the corporate environment of tight budget constraints.
- Developed and maintained systems management services for the U.S. Health Plans.
- Worked with clients to create new reports and JCL jobs in COBOL using IBM Mainframe.
- Responsible for updating and modernizing local company services such as payroll, timekeeping, and project tracking, creating new Java applications with DB2 integration based on old DBASE systems.
- Worked extensively with a small team to achieve company goals for various healthcare clients.
- Received company awards for effective project management and quality assurance in addition to monthly bonus payments.
- Migrating existing reports to a Data warehouse by creating data mapping and other functional documents.
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts, and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Administer the BI and reporting environment Test, QA, and production for ~ 2000 users.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain, support, and debug Multidimensional and Tabular Models SSAS, reports SSRS and MS Power BI reports.
- Resolved software bug in the Client Name and Address Request System.
- Develop User Interaction Dashboard engine using scripts, stores procedures, user-defined functions, views, RDLs, MDX code, triggers, etc. for Real-time information gathering and Inter and Intra Agency coordination.
- Participate in the development of functional specifications, codes, tests, and debug complex application programs.
- Document design specifications, planning, design, development, enhancing, testing, implementation, installation, and other system-related information and operations of the project including participation in all systems life cycles.
- Revised all programs to include new design modifications that increased efficiency by 15%.
- Implemented and integrated all new programs for the New Product Launch.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis of the requirement, and contributed to creating the requirement specification document.
- Involved in architecting the application and involved in choosing the suitable technologies.
- Designed the ER diagram for the database and created the database using the Oracle 10g.
- Involved in the creation of the web Pages in HTML, created custom skins for the pages using CSS.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and compared all-new corporate tax laws to revised programs for the 1999 tax season.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.