These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Pharmacy Technician Skills resumes for your reference.
- Provide customers with rapid assistance at window or by phone for insurance issues,filling new prescriptions.
- Help in pulling and dispensing prescriptions prior to final verification by pharmacist.
- Perform nightly maintenance restocking,cleaning,and filling of pharmacy supplies and paperwork.
- Responsible for researching and responding to calls and emails for the clinical Review process by utilizing documented resources, training materials, and various systems.
- Communicate relevant clinical information and outcomes to the member, Clinical Review Pharmacist, and the member’s physician within client specific turnaround times.
- Collaboration with team members, leads, and Pharmacists to promote consistency of review completion across the research team.
- Entered new patient profiles and prescriptions into medication input software system.
- Provided friendly customer service at prescription drop-off and pick-up counters.
- Worked closely with pharmacists and used medication software to safely and accurately dispense medication.
- Efficiently answered multi line phone and processed high volume of order requests from nurses, doctors and pharmacists at a 950 a week script count store.
- Evaluates and authorizes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria.
- Communicates decisions to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, and /or pharmacists.
- Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists.
- Researches, resolves and documents prior authorization outcomes in the pharmacy system.
- Swiftly and correctly calculate dosages, dispense medications, prepare prescription labels and fill prescriptions for approval by pharmacists.
- Research and resolve dosage conflicts, potentially harmful drug interactions, insurance issues and other matters to ensure patient safety/wellness and build customer loyalty.
- Worked alongside licensed pharmacists to provide excellent service within high-volume retail setting.
- Helped migrate pharmacy to new patient records system – transferred hundreds of profiles to database and trained several coworkers on new system.
- Oversaw inventory levels, implementing new process that ensured 100% stock availability, while increasing inventory turnover.
- Greeting each customer, helping, assisting with their questions and issues on the phone and in person while maintaining customer/patient confidentiality.
- Efficiently dispense and package 300 to 400 prescriptions per day with utmost accuracy.
- Assisting the pharmacist, or even working on patient records in the computer database.
- Receptively answered customer questions and helped locate desired items in the pharmacy.
- Effectively prioritized tasks and organized workflow to increase efficiency.
- Communicated regularly with physicians, nurses, insurance companies and managed care options.
- Taking calls and resolving problems from customers (facillities, director of nursing, nurs- es, caregivers, residents).
- Contracted pharmacies to obtain pharmacy information to send over prescriptions transfers request as requested by patients wanting to use our services, build relationships with patients prescribers so that they are aware of who we are as a company.
- Filled prescriptions according to prescription label so that it may be approved by pharmacists, packaged medications to be shipped out via third party.
- Maintain pharmaceutical and supply inventory and ensure proper storage and security conditions for all drugs.
- Top performing technician based on efficiency and production with top dollar amounts in medication billing to partnered insurance companies.
- Responsible for learning and operating within laws of all 50 states regarding controlled and non-controlled medications.
- Responsible for coordinating deliveries of medical equipment and pharmaceuticals in all 50 states and various territories.
- Determination of coverage and benefits through coordination/communication between doctor’s office and insurance companies.
- Worked under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist and Technician assisting patients with prescription drop off and pick up, entering/ updating insurance information and entering prescription into computer system.
- Answered the phone and routed calls to pharmacist when needed.
- Under supervision restocked pharmacy shelves, returned outdated/ damaged drugs, checked in daily medication replenishments and ordered medication from supplier.
- Typing, counting, prescription entry, insurance billing, customer service, RX inventory.
- Assist customer by answering questions, price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Maintain patient profiles, order, label and count stock of medications.
- Verify quantity against inventory, mix pharmaceutical preparations, insurance billing, prior authorizations request, fill bottles with prescribed medications and check outdated medications in current inventory.
- As a Pharmacy Technician, swiftly and correctly calculated dosages, dispensed medications, prepared prescription labels and filled prescriptions for approval by Air Force pharmacists.
- Used the pharmacy’s proprietary computer program to access prescription information including patient and prescriber data, drug selection, prescription interpretation and insurance billing.
- Researched and resolved dosage conflicts, potentially harmful drug interactions, insurance issues and other matters to ensure patient safety/wellness and build customer loyalty.
- Worked alongside licensed pharmacists to provide excellent service within high-volume military setting.