A home builder must perform the tasks needed to build a home starting from its foundation. A home builder will do the heavy lifting to construct a home which includes ordering supplies, managing other workers, obtaining architectural drawings, estimating cost of remodeling, tracking time, staying on budget, and staying in accordance to building codes and regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Home Builder Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Home Builder resumes for your reference.
Home Builder Resume Sample 1
- Focused on customer service by professional delivery of home building services.
- Streamlined the building process by implementing methods centered on efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Mentored a new associate by teaching him the ins and out’s of the business, effectively promoting positive revenue growth for the company.
- Achieved first-class certification as a New Home Sales Professional from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Secured real estate opportunities in growing markets, including Baltimore and Annapolis, MD.
Home Builder Resume Sample 2
- Enlisted in the United States Air Force, served one year, discharged as a Staff Sergeant with Honorable Discharge.
- Constructed single-family homes with varied styles and finishes, two-story townhomes, multi-family condominiums, commercial structures and remodeled older homes.
- Used various techniques and construction technologies.
- Trained dozens of tradesmen including concrete workers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, roofers, painters, and general contractors before retirement.
- Created unique home designs by combining architectural design elements to achieve an optimal overall living experience.
Home Builder Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in the construction of a 4,000 square foot home for a physician.
- Built and sold 15 homes on an average of 20 days from contract to closing; recognized as the number one salesperson in a company based on unit sales volume in 2000 and 2001.
- Designed and built an energy-efficient home with solar power certification, passive architectural design, and non-toxic construction materials. Recognized with a special award for building excellence at Energy Fair 2001.
- Designed, constructed, and completed a two-story barn with hay loft within two months’ time frame; received recognition for quality craftsmanship produced by certified Master Builder at the county fair.
- Worked in construction management for two years, including scheduling subcontractors and overseeing projects.
Home Builder Resume Sample 4
- Skillfully completed over 50 home improvements, remodels, and custom building projects totaling $40,000.00.
- Assisted American Family Insurance Company in managing the homeowner’s insurance for over 900 homes in the metropolitan area; managed cleanup and repair of storm-damaged homes at an average pace of 20 per month.
- Recognized as a top salesman by company owners with an estimated gross income of $50,000.00 annually.
- Aided over 100 homeowners in home sales by marketing the property to prospective customers through flyers, newspaper ads, and open houses.
- Personally completed the construction of six residences, averaging over $100,000.00 per home.
Home Builder Resume Sample 5
- Improved a single-family home’s curb appeal by removing excess shrubbery and relocating the front porch to align with the width of the house and allow for the growth of additional shrubs.
- Negotiated a contract totaling $150,000; realized $19,000 in monetary gains after the client found my company on a website and requested an estimate after reviewing the portfolio of work.
- Founded Backyard Gardens Inc.; planted, cultivated and harvested over one hundred flower bulbs for sale to local garden centers.
- Assisted over twenty customers in designing their perfect outdoor entertaining space by planning landscape design with soil analysis that would best suit each client’s needs.
- Managed the project of adding a large porch and new windows to a large bungalow; completed all work within the contracted schedule.
Home Builder Resume Sample 6
- Providing the highest level of customer satisfaction, I established a three-year service guarantee with my previous employer.
- Recognized by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating for providing quality home building services and attention to detail.
- Fluently communicate in Spanish and English; communicate with neighbors, subcontractors, homeowners, and other outside parties about construction instructions and activities.
- Manage all stages of pre-construction, construction, and post-construction process to resolve concerns of homeowners; coordinate schedules with subcontractors. Promote budgets and make recommendations for changes.
- Spent previous three years as a team member on construction site managing the daily activities of a 5 man crew of subcontractors and ensuring overall construction project deadlines were met.
Home Builder Resume Sample 7
- Met project deadlines by using high-quality materials, such as reinforced concrete and quality lumber.
- Executed a job within budgeted resources by shopping for materials and informing the client of savings options.
- Defined desired project outcomes by developing a blueprint that maximized space while adhering to city codes and local fire safety regulations.
- Handled customer concerns with peaceful negotiations to alleviate stress related to the building process.
- Directed multiple clients through the home-building process with tact, determination, and dedication; recognized for outstanding service to clients by the Chamber of Commerce.
Home Builder Resume Sample 8
- Acknowledged for the quality of construction and customer service.
- Recognized for overcoming adversity by successfully completing a home renovation project under difficult circumstances; the home was flooded after the public water system failed during Hurricane Andrew.
- Recognized for providing creative solutions to build my customer’s homes according to their families needs.
- Received recognition for protecting the environment in compliance with local ordinances by constructing homes that minimized allergens, pollutants, and toxic wastes; used solar heating, recycled materials, and low VOC paints.
- Proposed solutions to reduce construction costs while maintaining quality as a member of a team that completed a project within budget constraints.
Home Builder Resume Sample 9
- Successfully installed two and a half tons of steel studs in the first five days of my employment.
- Completed several projects ahead of schedule, approximately $400,000 in time and materials savings.
- Established a reputation as a talented tradesman with clients.
- Extensively researched, designed, and built a new kitchen installation project at the client’s request.
- Spent 12 months learning about the home-building business and completing an extensive house tour for one of the owners.
Home Builder Resume Sample 10
- Successfully supervised over 100 employees in international home construction and development projects.
- Identified opportunities for increased revenue and profit while lowering operating costs by 5% during the first year of management.
- Conceived a patent design which, when fully implemented, will increase production per employee by 25%.
- Coordinated a re-structure of corporate sales and marketing efforts to increase customer retention by 20% over previous years.
- Improved labor relations by 30% during the past 5 years through team-building exercises and inclusion of employees in decision-making processes.
Home Builder Resume Sample 11
- Lead a team of five carpenters who completed 1,200+ square feet of remodeling projects per day.
- Completed a subdivision development of 84 homes in less than one year; managed five subcontractors.
- Restored Victorian home to its original character during 2-year renovation and managed three contractors.
- Supervised home building for 12 families over eight years through close monitoring of budget and schedule; gained appreciation from all clients for effective service.
- Earned reputation as the best builder in the San Fernando Valley by completing outstanding quality projects in an efficient manner; took care to ensure customer satisfaction.
An associate degree in fields related to construction management is necessary to begin pursuing this career. Home builders must be able to communicate efficiently, work well in teams, lead task forces, manage their time, be physically fit, trouble shoot any problems, and show attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Home Builder Resume Samples
- Home Builder Resume Sample 1
- Home Builder Resume Sample 2
- Home Builder Resume Sample 3
- Home Builder Resume Sample 4
- Home Builder Resume Sample 5
- Home Builder Resume Sample 6
- Home Builder Resume Sample 7
- Home Builder Resume Sample 8
- Home Builder Resume Sample 9
- Home Builder Resume Sample 10
- Home Builder Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up