Building supervisors plan, organize and control the construction of a building. Their duties include delegating duties, training new staff, addressing residents’ complaints Scheduling regular meetings with inspectors, writing reports of budgets and presenting them to managers and performing building inspections.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Building Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Building Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Supervised and coordinated all aspects of the construction process for a new luxury condominium development.
- Monitored and enforced safety protocols to ensure a safe work environment for all personnel.
- Inspected completed work for compliance with building codes and quality standards.
- Reviewed contractor documents, including invoices and specifications to ensure tasks were completed in accordance with procedures.
- Coordinated the activities of sub-contractors to meet deadlines for completion of construction projects.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Supervised and coordinated all aspects of building and construction projects from start to finish.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities by successfully completing two major renovation projects on schedule and within budget.
- Expertly handled all tenant concerns and complaints, ensuring a positive relationship with both the tenants and the management company.
- Promoted to supervisor after completing training course for working with chemicals and asbestos removal.
- Succeeded in resolving issues related to new construction project; saved company $1,500 by purchasing items through the correct supply channels.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Coordinated and conducted safety meetings for all staff on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with company guidelines.
- Provided effective counseling services for building tenants, including the elderly and disabled populations.
- Promoted office teamwork after facilitating daily staff huddles during which employees shared updates regarding service inquiries, equipment maintenance, and customer requests.
- Streamlined communication and office organization by planning and executing monthly staff trainings for front desk, building management, and other support teams.
- Achieved company morale goals through encouragement of team building activities such as volunteering to serve breakfast at a local homeless shelter.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw the daily operations of a six story apartment building with more than 200 units.
- Supervised activities of 100+ workers engaged in concrete, carpentry, electrical, painting, roofing work during construction of new garage and playground areas.
- Performed duties as first-line supervisor for all new construction work at facility, inspecting and approving of all concrete, carpentry, mechanical work prior to issuing the Owner’s Punchlist.
- Organized and conducted monthly safety meetings with employees to reinforce goals, rules and regulations.
- Managed a battery of subcontractors including electricians, sheet metal workers, plumbers, and carpenters.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Supervised all aspects of the construction process for a luxury high-rise, ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Coordinated with architects, engineers, and subcontractors to ensure that the project was completed on schedule and within budget.
- Monitored job site activities to ensure that work proceeded smoothly and was completed on schedule.
- Implemented a safety program to ensure that all personnel were familiar with necessary precautions and procedures; held monthly safety meetings.
- Collaborated with the engineering, architectural, and design team of an office development project that focused on creating a cohesive environment for employees and clients.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Successfully managed and supervised the construction, renovation and maintenance of a variety of building types including high-rise, low-rise, commercial and residential buildings.
- Demonstrated an ability to effectively coordinate all aspects of construction projects from start to finish, ensuring that work was completed on schedule and within budget.
- Exhibited effective management and planning skills as a construction site manager for a variety of commercial, industrial and multi-family residential buildings.
- Contributed to the success of various building projects such as office buildings, shopping malls and warehouses by ensuring that requests were met in an efficient manner.
- Assisted in obtaining necessary building permits, code approvals and inspections for various construction projects to ensure that municipalities were met.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Documented and resolved tenant complaints, including general maintenance required for safety and security.
- Oversaw a team of subcontractors in all phases of drywall installation to ensure compliance with building procedures.
- Enforced safety standards through proper management of chemicals, cleaning supplies, and personal protective equipment.
- Inspected completed work for compliance with blueprints and contracting agreements.
- Recommended changes to work methods and processes to improve efficiency and quality of work.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised and coordinated all building operations, including: scheduling and completing interior and exterior construction projects; supervising subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Coordinated successful completion of a $30 million multi-phased renovation project for an international hotel chain.
- Ensured compliance with local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Received commendation from owner of construction company for “excellent supervision” and “professionalism” during construction of a $10 million commercial building.
- Was responsible for selection and training of new supervisory staff.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Worked tirelessly as a supervisor in a building and construction setting.
- Oversaw the work of subordinates and was able to complete the project in a timely manner.
- Was always up for a new challenge and took on new projects willingly.
- Had an exemplary attendance record and was never late for work.
- Was a team player and worked well with others.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Supervised the building and construction of a new corporate headquarters, including full coordination with the project architect and engineer.
- Oversaw all on-site construction activities, ensuring safety and adherence to schedule.
- Monitored quality of construction and compliance with building codes; coordinated with subcontractors.
- Administered the completion of punch list items, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Negotiated and managed change orders, resulting in significant cost savings for the client.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Supervised daily operations of a $12 million, 199-unit housing complex.
- Assumed full supervisor responsibilities for entire building during three months while absent manager recuperated from surgery.
- Built rapport with residents and community through effective communications; enhanced business relationships by 56%.
- Received national safety award for averting potential disaster; safely evacuated building during a simulated fire drill.
- Was responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of work order completion, contractor performance, and staff schedules.
Building Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Supervised all building and construction work on a city block, ensuring that the project was completed on time and within budget.
- Monitored the work of subcontractors, ensuring that all safety regulations were followed and that work was carried out to the required standard.
- Reported any problems or delays to the project to the site manager, then implemented any solutions that may have been required.
- Handled all quality control and complaint issues in a fair and timely manner, ensuring that they were dealt with immediately and effectively.
- Consistent record of achievement during four years of service; recognized for this by senior management and awarded a bonus of $3,000.
To work as a building supervisor, you require a bachelor’s degree in business management or its equivalent and a state required license. Building supervisors must demonstrate managerial skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and customer relations skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.