An Assistant Architect helps the main architect in a variety of ways. Their duties include preparing and developing drawings, reviewing and analyzing architectural inputs that go into construction drawings and plans, maintain drawing and other data, assist the architect in developing solutions to technical problems, assist in surveys, and ensure on-time completion.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Architect Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Architect resumes for your reference.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 1
- In order to resolve a dispute between the owner and the General Contractor, prepared a detailed report with accompanying visuals.
- Collaborated with team to design a larger office space using natural light from the skylight in the old radio studio.
- Helped in identifying building code violations by noting discrepancies in floor plan dimensions.
- Increased productivity by 30% by streamlining delivery schedules and compiling relevant information for efficient distribution of materials.
- Achieved record sales in new home construction division by locating promising lots, drawing sketches of proposed homes, and presenting them to clients for their consideration.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 2
- Created a 3-D drawing of a proposed addition to the church; prepared the specifications and bid documents; identified and resolved problems.
- Created custom renderings of new homes; provided floor plans and estimates for customer use.
- Organized and processed bids on renovation projects; prepared bids and monitored project deadlines.
- Prepared building permit applications, reviewed excavations, monitored project deadlines, answered subcontractor questions, arranged inspections.
- Identified potential problems with projects; suggested cost saving measures to Senior Architect.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 3
- Prepared, reviewed and revised designs for various construction documents. Coordinated with other architects to ensure that designs were well-developed prior to the bid process.
- Performed client site surveys to properly scope, design and install materials for the project according to client specifications.
- Reviewed plans with clients to ensure adhering to specifications which included using quality materials, using industry-standard methods in the construction process, and strict adherence to code requirements.
- Developed cost control methodology based on historical data; assisted with annual budget preparation prior to bid opening date.
- Highly respected for drafting general contract drawings and overseeing the mechanical, general, electrical and architectural drawings associated with multi-family residential building projects.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 4
- Worked closely with owners on site to ensure building design worked within the parameters of USDA requirements for green building.
- Worked on projects with budgets over $100,000.
- Grew additional business by creating innovative designs that were responsive to clients’ needs while keeping in mind the standards of green building. Created master plans, site drawings, and construction documents that addressed sustainability issues while executing project plans on time and within budget.
- Took responsibility for maintaining professional licensing and design credentials.
- Developed expertise in presentations to groups of homeowners, architects, urban planners, and county officials on the benefits of sustainable design.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 5
- Performed duties of a Project Coordinator, Computer Programmer, Project Administrator and Graphic Designer when assigned to multiple concurrent projects.
- Was able to supervise 35-40 people when assigned to multiple concurrent projects.
- Individualized existing plans in order to meet client’s needs. Created a variety of project schedules in order to meet client’s needs.
- Assisted in meetings for early stage design and construction support meetings in preparation for upcoming phases of the project.
- Resolved any team member concerns in a timely manner in order to meet schedule demands.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 6
- Met established deadlines, while continuing education at college to obtain degree in architecture.
- Contributed to the development of a new corporate building design by identifying problems and anticipating potential issues.
- Worked with team leaders to develop construction documents, including two-dimensional drawings, three-dimensional renderings, bid packages, contract documents and construction schedule.
- Prepared project bid package, received award for outstanding work on the renovation of an office building.
- Awarded employee of the quarter for exemplary customer service skills when working with clients for both commercial and residential projects.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 7
- Increased the overall production rate by resolving scheduling conflicts; resolved scheduling conflicts for jobs with low profit margins; without increasing staffing levels.
- Created a benchmark survey, which prompted the company to purchase communications and security equipment in order to improve communication and security.
- Evaluated job performance of staff and made recommendations to the supervisors based on observed performance of staff.
- Established a budget and recommended cuts to non-essential personnel.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills by interacting with superiors and staff members in a positive manner, thereby increasing productivity; resolved conflicts, while maintaining positive relationships with fellow employees.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 8
- Returned to high school to earn an Associate of Science degree in Architecture. This accomplishment demonstrated the ability to meet the demands of a rigorous academic environment and maintain a high GPA; it also demonstrated commitment and loyalty.
- Participated in the local Art League’s Art-in-the-Park event; exhibited my work and created an opportunity to meet new people outside of my comfort zone.
- Earned scholarship to attend design school; won award for highest grade in design class. This accomplishment reflected my desire and ability to succeed at a higher level of education, thereby, exposing me to new ideas that would help prepare me for a future profession.
- Awarded the prestigious Hollyhock Fellowship; was personally selected by Frank Lloyd Wright’s grandson to live and work in Frank Lloyd Wright’s first architectural endeavor. Besides the elements of the grant, it also exposed me to the history of architecture. It gave me a sense of pride knowing that I had accomplished something few people can say they have done.
- Became part of a design team that won a national award for a three-dimensional exhibit created for a convention in Orlando, FL. I placed all the pieces together and cut out an intricate pattern which enable the model to take on a life of its own.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 9
- Co-designed and supervised the construction of various building projects including community centers, daycare centers, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.
- Helped developed the design of the construction of the new City of Decatur offices. Implemented design changes based on input from sub-contractors, site visitations and city representatives.
- Successfully completed numerous requests for modifications regarding project components; effectively collaborated with all sub-contractors to ensure equitable decision making.
- Served as a liaison between subcontractors and owner during building projects; effectively negotiated decisions with project owners pertaining to change requests.
- Helped successfully manage a large project involving a variety of site conditions. Coordinated removal of hazardous conditions, design changes and subcontractor responsibility.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 10
- Managed the architectural support staff; assigned tasks and appraised performance.
- Created detailed construction documents such as site development plans (topographic, civil, and site designations); provided fast solutions to customer queries.
- Designed an emergency, fire safety, and evacuation plan for a premises with a large inventory of flammable solvents and hazardous materials.
- Mentored a junior architect in the firm; ensured a smooth transition between projects.
- Prepared Project Approval Packages for major projects within 24 hours of receipt from the client.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 11
- Developed a building plan with a budget of $5,000 for Landscaping Company.
- Extricated from an architectural error by proposing a new design to the customer.
- Orchestrated a high-rise commercial office building with a budget of $100,000.
- Recommended a change in layout for a hospital operating room with a budget of $150,000.
- Amicably resolved differences with the customer regarding the architect’s performance and pricing structure after creating plans for an apartment complex with an enterprise value of $800,000.
Assistant Architect Resume Sample 12
- Achieved an outstanding performance rating; recognized as a self-starter and as a continuous professional improvement leader.
- Expertly produced floor plans for new stores, as well as remodeling and redesigning.
- Elected to serve on the board of directors for the Architects Association of Virginia; recognized as a knowledgeable and active member of the organization.
- Received award for excellent design at annual design awards banquet.
- Accomplished organizational and business leadership skills through volunteerism and association involvement with professional organizations including AIA, NCARB, Virginia Society of Architects, and American Institute of Architects (Secretary).
To work as an Architect Assistant, you need a professional degree in architecture. An Assistant Architect must have a license, critical thinking, attention to detail, excellent decision-making and problem-solving, effective written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of standard compliance, design skill and knowledge, analytical thinking, and building and construction knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.