IT teachers educate learners with knowledge of IT and how to apply it in everyday life. They are responsible for developing course content, communicating with parents, staff and students, updating their knowledge and skills in IT, creating assessments that evaluate learning progress, shaping students to be upright individuals, participating in meetings and planning extra-curricular activities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Teacher resumes for your reference.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Designed and developed a comprehensive curriculum for comprehensive career training in IT for high school students.
- Developed an extensive knowledge base and experience in the area of network management, programming, and web design.
- Supervised an IT lab of three classes that trained over 100 students on the fundamentals of computer technology; managed competing demands while maintaining a positive environment.
- Planned and conducted interactive training seminars with Microsoft personnel to sharpen knowledge of their latest products; received outstanding customer service award.
- Ordered, received, and maintained inventory worth over $250K; controlled costs while providing quality products to customers.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Established new partnerships with Michigan’s two largest school districts by participating in the annual National Education Award and the Abbot Foundation.
- Represented the Baltimore City Public School System as a speaker at national conferences for teachers, principals, and central office staff.
- Ran a successful after-school program that doubled our enrollment within three months of taking over management.
- Coordinated with school administrators to implement innovative new curricula that incorporated technology and creative learning techniques.
- Used TASB technology to provide one-on-one computer training for 566 students within one-year period of employment at main campus.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Instructed computer courses to children aged 7–16 for over three years.
- Developed a book-based curriculum for second graders in a public school, creating a new program to serve underprivileged schools.
- Trained teachers to teach computer science and advanced mathematics using existing classroom materials.
- Motivated students and helped them realize their full potential through organization of student council activities in an elementary school.
- Provided one-on-one counseling services to over 100 students with personal and family problems, giving advice on, parenting, divorce proceedings, child abuse issues, neglect of responsibilities, peer pressure problems and helping them find their place in the world.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated excellent ability to teach selected computer literacy.
- Gave global presentations on various computer topics including networking, database, and the Internet.
- Requested and obtained school district funding to create and implement a state-of-the-art computer lab.
- Set up, maintained, and filed all the district’s required reports in compliance with federal regulations.
- Trained staff in installing Windows 2000 Professional.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented curricula for computer classes including keyboarding, Internet, and computer applications.
- Developed individualized instructional plans that met the needs of special needs students.
- Adapted curriculum to accommodate non-traditional learners such as those suffering from depression or trauma.
- Increased usage of the district’s web portals by fifty percent (5000% increase) through coordination of weekly webcasts for staff development.
- Increased access in learning by allowing students to team-build in virtual classrooms across the district.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Provided computer assistance to novice-intermediate school staff and students; compiled basic and advanced training material.
- Assisted school software technicians in setting up new classroom computers; placed computers in classrooms.
- Effectively instructed students of an on-site technical institute in programming applications, DOS commands, and Windows 95/98 operation.
- Attended multiple classes per week for seven semesters to increase technical knowledge for the classroom. Took a class on how to teach online using WebCT system. Went through a training session for SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) that uses XML (Extensible Markup Language). Took a class on “Using Powerpoint in the PC Classroom” that teaches principals of programs including Microsoft Office. Taught on-site three times per week for a semester utilizing SCORM, XML, and WebCT systems.
- Trained students how to use the Internet and WebCT to obtain college credit.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Educated, lead, and inspired over 400 students in self-defense, mind, and body health, and fitness.
- Trained to the full completion of a Hybrid degree in Business Management, with an emphasis on computer technology.
- Established new partnerships with schools that hoped to form a charter school network.
- Constructed innovative careers after helping students obtain scholarships for higher education in Illinois and Florida.
- Realized new potentials for human sharing, cooperation, and diplomacy after meeting former adversaries at seminars abroad.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Teamed with network technician, paraeducator, IT Consultants, and other teachers to plan, organize, and execute annual school technology fair to introduce students to computer skills.
- Progressed students on an individual basis with differentiated instruction utilizing alternative education techniques that accommodated varying learning styles.
- Coordinated communication between family members, school district initiatives, and other organizations regarding the successful inclusion of a fifth grade student with a long history of autism spectrum disorders in mainstream classes.
- Designed courses of learning experiences to accommodate the needs of adults who were new to computers in home offices or as small business owners.
- Set up a productive learning environment in which students could effectively, independently, and safely complete tasks on their own.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in the development of curriculum for a one-on-one tutoring program; increased student interest through hands-on learning.
- Provided students with instructions designed to improve their productivity by demonstrating the advantages of updated software programs.
- Facilitated sessions for peer teaching, focusing on presentation skills and time management.
- Met with students individually to discuss assignments and to provide encouragement.
- Presented workshops for parents on topics such as Java programming, HTML, and PHP to increase student exam scores.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Wrote efficient curriculum for children who were homeschooled or attending private schools.
- Gave presentation to first graders in a public school about the importance of having a healthy breakfast.
- Created, tested, and implemented various lesson plans as a personal lesson to be used at home, in my martial arts classes, and professionally.
- Coached children in coping with social anxiety and learning to be assertive by developing personal skills of body awareness, expression and clear communication with others.
- Recruited and trained over thirty volunteers to aid in the recovery effort following Hurricane Katrina by assisting with communications and such things as removing debris from the neighborhood.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Demonstrated success teaching computers to students with varying levels of technological understanding; challenged the gifted and non-gifted alike.
- Assisted students in improving grades from D to A, and from B to A.
- Created a winning and supportive learning environment; placed student needs above personal desires.
- Reorganized the students’ computer lab to increase student and teacher efficiency, while streamlining the usage of software.
- Presented tutorials about relevant technology for school fundraising events and to local businesses.
IT Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Developed computer literacy and computer/life skills for students with average to below average academic background.
- Trained high school and community college students to program Microsoft based software.
- Lead the research project for an exhibit at a professional conference on information technology in the workforce. Committee member of professional organization for IT professionals.
- Taught two-hour courses on advanced computer network concepts and digital electronics. Conference presenter at professional conferences, one in Japan and one in Mexico.
- Served as a technical advisor to the school board on computer and network issues.
To work as an IT teacher you should have (preferably) mastered or earned a bachelor’s degree in computer-related course, trained in teaching and be a state-certified licensed teacher. You must possess exceptional computer skills, administration skills, be internet savvy, passionate about teaching, organized, patient, good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Teacher Resume Samples
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 1
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 2
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 3
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 4
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 5
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 6
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 7
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 8
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 9
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 10
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 11
- IT Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up