A Qa test lead detects issues and malfunctions with software. A Qa test lead’s duties include diagnosing problems with software, returning defected products, delegating tasks to QA engineers, recording issues and bugs, implementing test plans, and performing automated tests.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Qa Test Lead Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Qa Test Lead resumes for your reference.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 1
- Comprehensive testing for QA team in test management, test design, test planning, and quality control.
- Met deadlines and goals of the QA department with all products.
- Effectively created test plans for new products after clarifying and documenting product specifications for testing.
- Developed innovative techniques for testing to enhance the quality assurance; created a process that virtually eliminated software defects after implementation.
- Troubleshot and rebuilt faulty computer programs; increased reliability of hardware network by 100%.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 2
- Identified and marked inappropriate correction of code generated by the programming language compiler.
- Assisted in successful delivery of production programs in accordance with operational and functional specifications.
- Interpreted QA test level analysis results to identify areas that require additional testing.
- Mastering 10,000 hours of software development experience through 15 years of working as a QA test lead at multiple companies; earning an expert status equivalent to a Master Black Belt (MCSE/MCPM).
- Created implementable standards for automated unit, function, regression, performance, compatibility, and stress tests; exponentially reducing defect counts.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 3
- Documented the test plan, action items, and results of a 2-week test of new feature sets.
- Recommended updates to QA processes based on test results.
- Updated the QA procedures to reflect more effective test scripts and compatibility tests.
- Redefined team roles and strategy for efficient execution of 11 simultaneous tests during the critical pre-release phase.
- Designed an automated data collection system for offsite testers; improved productivity by 60%.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 4
- Verified product functionality with manual testing; found and reported more than one hundred defects during test execution.
- Conducted forty-five usability studies to evaluate product design; collected and reported findings regarding customer preferences.
- Met deadlines for all tasks assigned by managing director in accordance with established standards.
- Identified 25% of total defects; participated in the process of rewriting the code for a new system.
- Taught QA Test Team members the Standard QA Test Procedures Manual; ensured all procedures were followed when implementing new functionality.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 5
- Developed effective QA process for a new software application.
- Bolstered productivity of QA group by developing a comprehensive course for quality assurance certification, training the group to meet the certification goal.
- Accepted position in test design team to develop plan for reducing time required for testing new releases of software.
- Authored and implemented quality control procedures used to reduce technical problems in field installations.
- Evaluated employee work methods and stressed efficiency and effectiveness in order to improve company’s productivity.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 6
- Effectively managed, scheduled, and coordinated cross–functional teams to research, design, develop, implement, and support test automation systems, processes, and procedures.
- Worked closely with management, developers and testers to overcome obstacles and resolve issues by creating innovative ideas that fostered team spirit.
- Designed an automated tracking system for software changes that helped lower customer support costs by reducing the need for manual testing updates.
- Trained new employees on test techniques while managing updates to customized automated test automation system.
- Saved company over $500K in a single year by upgrading an existing QA environment through the creation of new documentation standards and processes.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 7
- Developed QA test plan for beta release of the second newest version of WebMaker.
- Integrated QA and technical team members to produce new testing scenarios that reflected current technologies.
- Managed a team of 7 technicians to ensure up-to-date scripts and methods were used in testing. Resolved conflicts of opinion and facilitated group cohesion to maximize productivity.
- Resolved disputes between development team and client representatives by leading meetings, documenting requests, and scheduling project tasks during software development lifecycle.
- Improved meeting/communication efficiency by 80% within QA department; increased number of tasks completed within deadline by 100% over previous quarter.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 8
- Defined and tracked overall quality limits to establish IBM quality guidelines.
- Developed a test plan for quality assurance testing in an automated environment.
- Assisted with testing environments, installation, configuration, and integration of many various systems.
- Led a team of testers to develop an effective test plan for performance and functionality testing in software under development.
- Established the QA process by writing unit tests and performing acceptance tests in an automated environment.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 9
- Efficiently tested and documented 300 software, hardware, and firmware products for compatibility with network interface; a critical aspect in the operation of government, business, and consumer systems.
- Spearheaded successful department reorganization that streamlined procedures for testing various aspects of technical products.
- Performed as a liaison between all departments working on development of new product; increased efficiency by identifying problems earlier in the production process.
- Elevated to department manager after 23 years of experience overseeing software quality assurance.
- Lead department to achieve goal of being ISO 9000 certified after 7 years of repeated failure; highlighted in article published by American Business magazine.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 10
- Brought innovative change and streamlined testing practices to a team of five, reducing testing duration from ten days to two.
- Taught prioritizing techniques for three new employees, increasing productivity by 20% in one month.
- Revised the manual test script process, reducing development time from four days to two; lead to a 60% increase in quarterly production.
- Received President’s Award for planning, implementing, and maintaining a suite of high-performance test tools; resulted in annual cost savings of 2.5 million dollars.
- Established a standardized testing roadmap, standardizing a heterogeneous network of fifty different test tools; project earned an award for “Technological innovation that has the potential to improve and enhance human life”.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 11
- Developed, documented and managed a large regression test matrix.
- Met release timeline through the effective creation of estimates and tracking selected features.
- Achieved exceptional quality rating on QA test results; future plans include establishing QA testing procedures and training.
- Recognized by senior management for productivity, alignment to corporate standards in testing, and status updates regarding test activities.
- Achieved outstanding quality rating of exceptional on QA testing results; will be promoted as a lead for future development efforts.
QA Test Lead Resume Sample 12
- Identified and documented opportunities for improvements in the quality assurance (QA) software testing process for CRM applications.
- Documented a QA procedure template of functional test cases and regression test procedures that allowed a team to achieve new levels of performance.
- Achieved staff supervision after completing requirements to secure TQA certification; managed the work of three QA analysts during the successful release of twelve CRM applications.
- Increased revenues by developing a solution that reduced ‘call-back’ reports by 98%; documented savings of 1,600 hours per year in reduced calls.
- Developed a repeatable, documented procedure for testing and documenting software development projects to promote quality, speed, and cost savings.
To become a Qa test lead, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required, in addition to a QAQC license. A Qa test lead must be analytical, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent leadership skills, must be an expert with computers, must be able to multitask, must have excellent communication skills, and must be a problem-solver.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.