These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Purchasing Agent resumes for your reference.
- Process purchases for Operations Center including obtaining quote, approval process, creating purchase requisition, communications with state contract vendors.
- Administrative support for operations center staff of 50.
- Customer service provided both internal and external customers.
- Purchased machinery, hardware, plumbing supplies, filtration, instrumentation, for electric utility company.
- Research and contact appropriate vendors to solicit bids for products and services.
- Evaluate bid proposals and pricing to select the vendor offering the best pricing and service.
- Participate in MRP planning and inventory forecasting for long-term equipment and sytems depreciation, to develope accurate purchasing budgets and financial allocations.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors to achieve maximum savings on product pricing.
- Collaborated with warehouse manager to streamline warehouse flow and product management.
- Diligent research to maximize efficiency and savings to keep cost low and stay in budget.
- Reviewed Bills of Material on Engineering drawings for materials requirements planning and purchases.
- Updated production spreadsheets for planning and scheduling requirements.
- Prepared production and Quality control documents for department managers.
- Requested quotes, analyzed pricing and processed the required documentation.
- Maintained manual or computerized procurement records such as cost bids, pricing, accounts, and vendors in system.
- Negotiated with vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, and services.
- Explained and enforced company established bid and takeoff practices to vendor base.
- Set up and prepared vendor pricing comparison worksheets on purchasing decisions for discussion with Purchasing management.
- Leverage buying power through GPO and Non-GPO vendors to achieve 26% to 33% savings for ongoing and employee requisition purchases and to support the initial setup of facility, pharmacy, school, and computer labs.
- Directly responsible for using inventory control and supply chain knowledge to receive, organize, and manage, all stock to efficiently supply medical and office related equipment for patient and administrative purposes.
- Display excellent collaboration and leadership skills, attention to detail and deadlines, and ability to multi-task and take ownership of projects while working effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize tasks while establishing a reputation for professionalism, accountability, and consistently producing exceptional results.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Evaluate old pricing with new ones and inform the proper management group of any price changes.
- Speak with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, payment terms and delivery schedule.
- Calculate profit margins for new prices, and new manufacturers.
- Advise Owner on best course of action for needed item, depending on price, availability, and lead time.
- Exercise direct contact with vendors to insure performance and follow-up on alleged discrepancies and nonperformance.
- Maintain an adequate supply of small equipment, paper products and supplies in the warehouse for the schools throughout the year and assist Director II, School Food Service in determining quantities of large equipment to maintain for warehouse stock.
- Write, edit, recommend and coordinate standard product specifications and bid conditions and analyze price comparison with market trends, economy and availability of products to determine the procurement process for obtaining the most appropriate School Food Service products at the lowest and best price.
- Initiate all requisitions for the purchase of replacement and additional equipment for school food service departments.
- Analyze material stock, inventory and exercise judgment to influence manufacturing and buying decisions.
- Review and analyze weekly requirements to meet specific schedules and meet customer service levels.
- Review, prioritize, schedule and expedite the delivery of materials to meet target dates and prevent stock shortages.
- Generate and release purchase requisitions for procurement through approved/qualified suppliers for materials.
- Obtained three price quotations for all purchase orders whenever possible in an effort to obtain the best possible quality, pricing and delivery.
- Coordinated the transportation of food, beverage, supplies/parts between vendors and vessels as required.
- Assisted in coordination of food, beverage supplies/parts for service technicians scheduled to work onboard vessels as required.
- Maintained customer/client relations by meeting and visiting suppliers scheduled to work aboard vessels as required.
- Establish payment and shipping terms with new suppliers of electrical components to build custom control panels.
- Shop for the best sources before placing orders for the approved parts ordering list provided by the head of engineers.
- Maintain accurate records of order dates, shipping documents, and proof of delivery for each project.
- Monitor inventory and coordinate with the warehouse manager to keep a good stock level of all needed materials.