Purchasing agents are responsible for finding the best deals on goods and materials that a company needs to function. This includes everything from ordering new supplies to offering advice on how to save money. The top skills for this position include customer service, negotiation, accounting, conflict resolution, and communication. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting software, and inventory management.
The Best Purchasing Agent Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Purchasing Agent resumes for your reference.
- Process purchases for Operations Center including obtaining quotes, approval process, creating purchase requisition, and communications with state contract vendors.
- Administrative support for operations center staff of 50.
- Customer service is provided to both internal and external customers.
- Negotiated with suppliers to obtain the lowest price, while ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- Researched and negotiated with new suppliers; increased volume of raw material by 20%.
- Purchased machinery, hardware, plumbing supplies, filtration, and instrumentation, for an electric utility company.
- Research and contact appropriate vendors to solicit bids for products and services.
- Evaluate bid proposals and pricing to select the vendor offering the best pricing and service.
- Participate in MRP planning and inventory forecasting for long-term equipment and systems depreciation, to develop accurate purchasing budgets and financial allocations.
- Increased effectiveness of current suppliers based on improved service, quality, and cost.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors to achieve maximum savings on product pricing.
- Collaborated with warehouse manager to streamline warehouse flow and product management.
- Diligent research to maximize efficiency and savings to keep costs low and stay within budget.
- Facilitated the identification of malpractice in supplier’s warehouse; recommended change to software vendors.
- Provided direction for budget control and monitoring base wages, overtime, and expenses—cut $30K from payroll during the first three months.
- Reviewed Bills of Material on Engineering drawings for materials requirements planning and purchases.
- Updated production spreadsheets for planning and scheduling requirements.
- Prepared production and Quality control documents for department managers.
- Able to forecast demand and ordered the correct quantity of products, meeting established goals at all times by curbing excessive inventory.
- Accurately ordered products for wholesale and retail distribution by reducing lost delivery rates.
- Requested quotes, analyzed pricing, and processed the required documentation.
- Maintained manual or computerized procurement records such as cost bids, pricing, accounts, and vendors in the system.
- Negotiated with vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, and services.
- Explained and enforced company established bid and takeoff practices to vendor base.
- Set up and prepared vendor pricing comparison worksheets on purchasing decisions for discussion with Purchasing management.
- Leverage buying power through GPO and Non-GPO vendors to achieve 26% to 33% savings for ongoing and employee requisition purchases and to support the initial setup of the facility, pharmacy, school, and computer labs.
- Directly responsible for using inventory control and supply chain knowledge to receive, organize, and manage, all stock to efficiently supply medical and office-related equipment for patient and administrative purposes.
- Display excellent collaboration and leadership skills, attention to detail and deadlines, and ability to multi-task and take ownership of projects while working effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks while establishing a reputation for professionalism, and accountability, and consistently producing exceptional results.
- Improved a 70% error rate in receipt of packages by instituting new procedures that resulted in a 98% success rate.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and incorrect amounts.
- Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Decreased backlog time by 50% while meeting daily demands by streamlining shipping methods.
- Evaluate old pricing with new ones and inform the proper management group of any price changes.
- Speak with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, payment terms, and delivery schedule.
- Calculate profit margins for new prices and new manufacturers.
- Advise Owner on the best course of action for a needed item, depending on price, availability, and lead time.
- Balanced budget spending after decreasing budgeted costs by $2 million; effectively devised new forms of automation to increase performance without increasing labor costs.
- Exercise direct contact with vendors to ensure performance and follow-up on alleged discrepancies and nonperformance.
- Maintain an adequate supply of small equipment, paper products, and supplies in the warehouse for the schools throughout the year and assist Director II, School Food Service in determining quantities of large equipment to maintain the warehouse stock.
- Write, edit, recommend and coordinate standard product specifications and bid conditions and analyze price comparison with market trends, economy, and availability of products to determine the procurement process for obtaining the most appropriate School Food Service products at the lowest and best price.
- Initiate all requisitions for the purchase of replacement and additional equipment for school foodservice departments.
- Engaged in developing and implementing supply chain-related strategies.
- Analyze material stock, and inventory and exercise judgment to influence manufacturing and buying decisions.
- Review and analyze weekly requirements to meet specific schedules and meet customer service levels.
- Review, prioritize, schedule, and expedite the delivery of materials to meet target dates and prevent stock shortages.
- Generate and release purchase requisitions for procurement through approved/qualified suppliers for materials.
- Evaluated the competitive advantage offered by each vendor; compared the benefits of each vendor to competitive benchmarks.
- Obtained three price quotations for all purchase orders whenever possible in an effort to obtain the best possible quality, pricing and delivery.
- Coordinated the transportation of food, beverage, and supplies/parts between vendors and vessels as required.
- Assisted in the coordination of food, and beverage supplies/parts for service technicians scheduled to work onboard vessels as required.
- Maintained customer/client relations by meeting and visiting suppliers scheduled to work aboard vessels as required.
- Assessed customer satisfaction; thoroughly evaluated process outcomes of customer relationships, performance on deadlines, shipment quality, and cost of raw materials.
- Establish payment and shipping terms with new suppliers of electrical components to build custom control panels.
- Shop for the best sources before placing orders for the approved parts ordering list provided by the head of engineers.
- Maintain accurate records of order dates, shipping documents, and proof of delivery for each project.
- Monitor inventory and coordinate with the warehouse manager to keep a good stock level of all needed materials.
- Participated in formulating an organizational strategic plan, including customer service objectives, fiscal accountability procedures, budgetary controls, and product/service replacement plans.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.