Piping designers design plans for the construction of various forms of piping which might be involved in water, sewage, and gas transport. They must assess construction plans, draft pipe layouts, ensure the efficiency of systems, familiarize themselves with valves and instrumentation, follow industry practices and regulations, and work with niche software.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pdms Piping Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pdms Piping Designer resumes for your reference.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 1
- Improved project management tool from the previous design to accommodate future CAD/CAM software.
- Designed a system to link HVAC, plumbing, and electrical requirements for an airport terminal within a known timeline.
- Achieved award for saving company time and money with network-based program that streamlined data flow between separate programs.
- Converted 10 existing drawings in minimal time with no impact on quality or customer satisfaction.
- Suggested several changes in tool usage, including modifications of piping routing stationery, which saved time and allowed most companies to use a single stationery set per project.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 2
- Designed micro-miniaturized piping for use in military, medical, aerospace, and nuclear applications.
- Developed new design process that increased productivity by an estimated 30%.
- Identified opportunities to simplify complex designs; enabled engineers to build better products that were easier to use.
- Pioneered an innovative way of testing PDMS software program against current standards; led the team responsible for data conversion plans under development.
- Received Meritorious Performance Award; repeatedly met or exceeded all performance expectations while meeting budgeted objectives.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 3
- Implemented Pipes and Structures reading/writing routines using the C++ programming language.
- Successfully completed SAP training, learned to navigate RTC SAP development environment, created views for new tables, wrote table descriptions.
- Worked with an offshore team of developers to create a design tool based on AutoCad 12 software.
- Promoted to Team Lead – developed procedures including code reviews, audits, testing methodologies & schedules.
- Spearheaded effort to automate unit test reporting via custom Perl scripts that parsed test logs into html reports.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 4
- Performed numerous projects in the design of piping for automated chemical facilities.
- Actively involved in all phases of creation and presentations; earned reputation as an expert in PDMS Piping Designer processes, products, and applications.
- Researched new technologies to increase productivity by 40%; saved company $1M/year through improved piping design management.
- Promoted to Engineering Supervisor within 18 months; recognized by senior management in process automation division for outstanding work performance in managing 50+ employees.
- Introduced revolutionary improvement strategies in labor utilization; tripled output while reducing scrap by 75%.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 5
- Provided more than 75 hours of overtime service to ensure the testing of all piping system software packages, thereby conserving over $20,000 in additional outside services.
- Identified and resolved issues that caused errors on output report generating.
- Completed installation process for new modules within two-weeks by training users on how to utilize PDMS tools.
- Orchestrated project team’s efforts to install five new modules onto the system within six-months.
- Designed a new interface application designed to integrate with AutoCAD Mechanical creating an integrated platform for design engineers.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 6
- Developed a new piping design software package that increased the productivity of over 200 engineers across ten different states.
- Recognized by management for leading a group effort to implement a change from an older version of Piping and Instrumentation file formats.
- Performed as team leader for the development, implementation, and testing of modules using Nastran solver and PIPE-FLO.
- Achieved recognition as a top performer after receiving numerous positive reviews from quality assurance personnel regarding time management skills and accuracy in creating 3D models.
- Awarded one million dollar grant from NASA Federal Credit Union to develop a software program to provide improved customer service capabilities.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 7
- Designed piping systems for commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural projects.
- Provided valuable input to manufacturing during initial design phase to ensure products were manufactured precisely as intended.
- Ensured proper documentation standards were followed regarding material specifications, system details, and reference support drawings.
- Masterfully created AutoCAD documents that allowed employees with no CAD experience to complete their job duties; saved the company over $1 million in training costs by enabling drafters to become proficient graphic designers without additional training.
- Developed computer-aided design (CAD) software package for project engineers’ use; increased productivity tenfold after deployment of tools developed through collaboration among team members; earned company’s prestigious Staff Excellence Award.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 8
- Implemented company-wide change by moving from a previous variant of software to the industry standard product.
- Authored 53 production Piping Specification Sheets and Design Documents, which saved over $80,000 for a company in less than 3 months.
- Provided continued support for a variety of jobs through online collaboration with offsite team members.
- Collaborated with international teams to implement 20 PDMS clients around the world, including exchange rate conversions between currencies and time zones.
- Reduced cycle time from 2 weeks to 7 hours by establishing common design standards for mechanical components as well as requiring online specification reviews prior to fabrication.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 9
- Designed over 50 piping layout drawings for an industrial power plant.
- Developed piping design parameters for a nuclear power station; recognized by the Engineering Manager for superior performance.
- Oversaw installation of high pressure systems, including valve testing and quality control.
- Earned award for consistently meeting project milestones.
- Pioneered new industry processes through computer simulation before construction phase; identified potential errors in designs, which saved over $200K in equipment costs.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 10
- Provided financial information to management by compiling and analyzing status reports.
- Provided financial information to management by creating a template that summarized project status for presentation.
- Provided technical guidance and assistance in the use of PDMS software while working on design projects at a major oil refinery.
- Conducted internal training seminars on system enhancements for other users, presented new ideas for process improvement initiatives, and received appreciation from supervisor and peers after presenting suggestions for improved work processes.
- Reduced costs during construction phase by developing a workstation with macros that streamlined drafting process; recognized by supervisor as an outstanding performer.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 11
- Gathered input from engineers and owners in order to establish goals.
- Prepared written procedures for staff members, including the installation of piping systems using CAD software.
- Created 3D models of plants using an existing data base containing information on over 100 plants, then developed all new drawings based on recent modifications to said designs.
- Trained co-workers in drafting standards; recognized by management for excellent performance.
- Achieved award for completing training tasks within allotted time frame; recognized by management as a fast learner with exceptional technical skills.
PDMS Piping Designer Resume Sample 12
- Designed and developed database applications for a major oil company in Houston, Texas.
- Implemented modeling and spreadsheet based programs using the PDMS Piping Component for Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, NT operating systems to create 3D piping models.
- Developed computer-aided design drawings of fabricated equipment used in oil refining and processing facilities; recognized as top performer by supervisor and management.
- Improved user experience through code review and usability testing throughout development process; saw project through from start to finish on tight deadlines with no flaws or bugs.
- Coordinated workflow among teams; expanded the potentials of team productivity by 50% as a result of streamlined processes.
Most piping design positions require at least an associate’s degree with engineering coursework or other work in a related field as well as training and experience in PDMS piping software. Piping designers must be detail-oriented, communicative, and organized, and they must be familiar with engineering practices, piping programs, construction guidelines, and industry regulations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.