Aviation Maintenance Technicians examine and maintain aircrafts. Their responsibilities include diagnosing issues, replacing damaged parts in an aircraft, organizing efficient work plans, conducting ground aviation operations, constructing support devices, inspecting, and maintaining the aircrafts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Aviation Maintenance Technician resumes for your reference.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 1
- Achieved all three levels of technician, including conductors certification.
- Was designated as the most proficient maintenance technician for the unit for multiple years.
- Appeared in human relations videos hosted by the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism Management at West Point Military College.
- Flew as a copilot on three air carrier flights, enjoying extra pay while demonstrating safety maneuvers and keeping the plane flying.
- Is certified to teach airline pilot ground training techniques, including navigation, radio procedures, cockpit checklist, and operation skills.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 2
- Achieved recognition as a master good time flier while maintaining the flying status of a Boeing 747.
- Trained as a flight engineer and successfully completed successful pilot training as a copilot.
- Performed aircraft maintenance during all phases of flight, including engine start-up and shutdown, preflight inspections, system checks, taxiing and take-off procedures.
- Served as an A & P mechanic on all types of aircraft including DC-9s and 747s on a busy flight line.
- Managed jet fuel dispensers within 30 minutes of an emergency.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 3
- Received “ASME” certification to repair and overhaul aircraft.
- Served as an aircraft flight mechanic in Alaska, Gulkana, Fairbanks, and Okinawa.
- Performed multiple maintenance operations during 3400 flights in 12 different types of jets and commercial passenger jets.
- Supervised 5 technicians in various aspects of maintenance for two major airlines.
- Maintained an inventory of over 150 parts and associated equipment that were used to repair main engines in the Department of Defense. Was responsible for the work area cleanliness and upkeep.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 4
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair aircraft engines, airframes, hydraulic systems and landing gear.
- Provide technical expertise to aircraft maintenance team ensuring ease of repairs & safety standards.
- Effectively solve mechanical problems in the shortest time possible while maintaining the highest level of product quality.
- Supervise eight members of staff and coordinate projects with other departments.
- Facilitate technical knowledge development & assist as an instructor for training new crewmembers/pilots on aircraft systems.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 5
- Achieved status of Craftsman, recognized by company for outstanding performance.
- Maintenance and upkeep of warehouse, office, and hangar including floor coverings and lighting.
- Installed new computer network system and software communications equipment; successfully installed all necessary cables to obtain a clean sweep on final inspection prior to testing for certification.
- Developed standard operating guidelines for the construction of new airplane hangars; resulting in a faster build time.
- Commissioned with the U.S.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 6
- Efficiently diagnosed and repaired aircraft with little to no experience in maintenance or repair.
- Trained six new mechanics who consistently produced excellent work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of less experienced personnel for two years through feedback, involvement, and shared experiences.
- Achieved Superior rating as a supervisor; demanded an exceptional level of performance from his staff through clear, unambiguous direction and encouragement.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively supervised 275 members as a supervisor on an annual basis.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 7
- Helped lead maintenance team to completion of 100 aircraft commitments with less than ninety (90) total personnel.
- Assigned and maintained operational expectations for each aircraft assigned to the team.
- Recognized for completing mission objectives with zero (0) unplanned downtime.
- Handled all forms of maintenance tasks, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, welding, and sheet metal.
- Absorbed occupational safety training through in-house training programs and AFMC/AFSOC education units.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 8
- Exemplified professionalism by following all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Air Cargo Security Transportation Association (ACSTA) safety regulations.
- Efficiently assembled, installed, and maintained multiple jet engines for access to mechanical aircraft systems.
- Recognized as an “Engine First Call” when maintaining single engine airplanes; suitable for overhaul replacements, rebuilds, and custom fabrication.
- Served as a cohesive member of the maintenance crew installing new engines on two Boeing 747s within 24 hours.
- Accurately tracked daily work records; informed fellow technicians of parts shortages and material damages.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 9
- Performed inspection tasks, repairs, and maintenance of aircraft engines, communications equipment and navigational equipment.
- Constructed and repaired switches, wires, avionic cables; coordinated for installation of navigation equipment for international airline.
- Accomplished task in less than 60 days; earned recognition by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Received award from the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternity as an outstanding technician after performing complex repairs on a turbine engine.
- Attended accredited mechanic school which taught me that my efforts have value in contributing to others’ growth and development.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 10
- Meticulously accumulated 8,400 flight hours during 28 years of commercial and corporate aviation experience.
- Scheduled and completed over 5,400 maintenance tasks in accordance with FAA regulations.
- Performed thousands of minor and major aircraft repairs including engine overhauls and major flight control installations.
- Effectively communicated needs to management personnel with recommendations that helped meet customers’ needs.
- Accurately assessed problems, reduced costs, and devised many improvements for processes; developed comprehensive list of technical employee training needs.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 11
- Achieved Ascent Level 2 Maintenance Repairman certification; repaired malfunctioning fuel and oxygen systems, hydraulic gauges and engines.
- Detected, diagnosed, and resolved a hydraulic oil leak; traveled to an airport 50 miles away to replace a faulty seal.
- Performed maintenance on airplanes weighing up to 100,000 pounds; serviced 400+ seat passenger jets.
- Assisted in installing new checklists on flight equipment; ensured safety of pilots flying over 50,000 miles every month.
- Used the latest electronics and turbine technology to maintain 100+ aircraft.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 12
- Achieved outstanding quality award by correctly performing all tasks.
- Exemplified repair leadership by counseling and educating other technicians on safety procedures.
- Assumed responsibility for a team of 8 technicians during times of peak workload and under minimal supervision.
- Trained three junior technicians to effectively coordinate company’s priorities with the needs of customers, clients, and employees while ensuring adherence to government regulation.
- Accomplished 100% satisfaction rating after assuring delivery according to customer specifications.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 13
- Repaired faulty components on aircraft, engines and avionics; recognized as a certified aviation mechanic by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Diagnosed starter, alternator and ignition system problems on high performance automotive vehicles.
- Conducted preventative maintenance programs for aircraft by conducting scheduled checks, inspections, and logged relevant data.
- Issued Flight Authority for mechanic to fly private single engine aircraft.
- Trained students in basic inspection techniques and proper repair methods used in aviation; awarded Instructor of the Year for technical achievement.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 14
- Trained and supervised new employees in aircraft engine maintenance, airframe assembly and repair, hydraulic system maintenance, hydraulic system repair, electrical aircraft wiring, air conditioning system repair, instrument calibration, and aircraft hydraulics.
- Completed over 300 emergency service or rescue calls to domestic and international airports within the given year.
- Delivered parts to foreign customers utilizing Lear jet model 24C.
- Received award for repairing a jet engine within three hours; without your quick action the plane would not have landed safely.
- Served as Chief Mechanic for nine years; the longest in your company’s history.
To work as an Aviation Maintenance Technician, a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) training program and FAA certification are required. To succeed as an Aviation Maintenance Technician, it is essential to have excellent problem-solving, coordination, decision-making, logical thinking, detail orientation, observational skills, and dexterity.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.