Fitness Instructors are responsible for providing exemplary training to clients. This includes modifying exercises, making recommendations for programs or classes to take, counseling on nutrition and healthy living, and scheduling future workouts. Top skills for this position are customer service, interpersonal skills, sales, exercise knowledge, and structured fitness programs. Instructors typically work part-time in a gym or health club environment. The minimum educational requirement is a certification in fitness.
The Best Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Instructor resumes for your reference.
- Prioritized detailed lesson plans and ensured personnel received the proper level of instruction necessary while providing oversight and guidance to 5 junior instructors.
- Implemented Operational Risk Management (ORM) during the planning and completion of motor vehicle operations to minimize the risk of accidents or severe injury to personnel.
- Provided technical guidance to the maintenance section to ensure the organization’s equipment stayed at 100% operational readiness.
- In charge of department’s quality control. Improved client grading program by developing an improved Vision, Mission, Goal.
- Improved the physical strength and endurance of nine to twelve-year-old students by 50%.
- Initially serviced Residential Treatment Centers and Katrina Evacuees exclusively.
- Created school’s first interactive technology program for students integrating Windows and Linux environments.
- Pilot school programs such as SuccessMaker, Khan Academy, flipped classrooms, extracurriculars, and discipline policies.
- Fill in the leadership role of Assistant Principal and Social Studies Teacher when needed.
- Earned BPEF Best Instructor Award and held their license in good standing.
- Apply hands-on approach in providing presentation and instruction on FBCB2/BFT for periods of Instruction using PowerPoint presentations and computer technical equipment along with military equipment used in tactical environments.
- Troubleshoot FBCB2 faults, change out FBCB2 components, as well as install and reinstall the entire FBCB2 system.
- Field Support Representative position (2005/2006) to military units in support of FBCB2/BFT to include briefings to unit leadership and maintenance support to the lowest level user.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain balance in life while conducting fitness and aerobics classes.
- Established a strong empowering mind/body philosophy based upon an understanding of human needs for self-actualization, self-responsibility, and spiritual development.
- Maintained academic records and provided continuous evaluation to all cosmetology students.
- Educated students on the principles of industry theory, practical application, and clinical trials.
- Developed and administered written and practical exams to assist in the preparedness of students.
- Evaluated student performance and documented all actions taken to improve performance.
- Trained personal, group, and competition fitness instructors for training centers.
- Responsible for creating and following said curriculum which had been accredited by the D.O.E, T.W.C, and C.O.E.
- Taught and gave hands-on experience to students involving Network+, Security+, and intro to Cisco’s CCENT.
- Maintained all records of students along with grades, attendance, and notes pertaining to their progress in the program.
- Achieved instructor certification status of KAFFE – Advanced Fitness Expert Emeritus; improved teaching skills by continuously attending seminars.
- Increased revenue through fresh and creative marketing programs designed to help students to achieve a higher level of fitness.
- Build competency in grammar/ writing by completing writing exercises using vocabulary, new grammar structures, and/or spelling.
- Achieve competency in speaking/listening by hearing sound bites or conversations, focusing on authentic English conversations, and determining the meaning of any new language individually, paired, in small groups, or through whole-class discussion.
- Incorporate online language learning technology, ensuring that students are computer literate as well as providing teachers with the means of listening and assessing individual students’ speech in a convenient manner.
- Achieved nationally recognized status as a personal trainer, developed courses in general physical fitness instruction at the peak of customer service.
- Established a successful business within one year with over 100 clients; increased revenue through techniques in written customer contact, direct mail efforts, and telephone marketing.
- Assessed organization’s performance issues and situations, and determined what types of programs to create and implement, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team on a regular basis.
- Identified specific training needs, developed and designed customized curriculum, guides, aids, instructional support materials, and presentations, assisting other instructors in how to obtain and maintain ongoing development.
- Determining objectives; evaluated methods and workshop/seminar plan design; completed coursework development and facilitated the training.
- Developed and maintained numerous fitness programs including conditioning, cardio, martial arts, and yoga.
- Trained over 1,000 people in Taekwondo/Kung Fu.
- Logged, managed, and updated lesson plans for many students, each requiring a unique lesson plan tailored to their personal educational profile.
- Interacted with students, parents, and Mathnasium management to identify and assess the abilities of each student and manage expectations regarding student performance and the timeline for completion.
- Created, developed, and implemented new policies and procedures to improve the organization and effectiveness of Mathnasium in meeting its customers’ needs.
- Collaborated daily with co-workers to balance the workload and ensure all critical deadlines were met.
- Conducted over 12 different classes with students ranging from beginner to advanced.
- Broad teaching experience including college algebra, trigonometry, and statistics.
- Served on the testing committee and assisted in the development of exams.
- Served on the curriculum committee in which I developed trigonometry materials.
- Served as track/course coordinator in mathematics for arts, mathematics for science, and mathematics for business courses on several occasions.
- Developed materials for the mathematics courses in the external studies program.
- Empowered and motivated clients with inspiring rhythm-based indoor cycling classes.
- Collaborated with public relations, marketing, and programming departments to develop personal branding strategies to build attendance of class sessions.
- Assisted instructor development officers with training workshops.
- Trained members of the community in stress-reduction techniques while staying physically fit.
- Created an exercise program that focused on the fundamental movement patterns and techniques for executing techniques in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu.
- Establish and communicate training material that results in excellent customer service and company growth.
- Conducts classroom instruction and orientation sessions for new and experienced ground personnel on various subjects, such as aircraft and station familiarization, company policies and procedures, and specific job duties.
- Formulates teaching outlines and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instructions, lectures demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Trained on booking and changing, and understanding rules for international and domestic airline travel.
- Trained and instructed those who had never engaged in the art of Ju-Jitsu, including the elderly.
- Create impressionable, challenging, and comprehensive TRX, Bootcamp, and functional training classes.
- Attend all team meetings, consistently participate in BeachFIT classes, and promote the BeachFIT Lifestyle.
- Demonstrate consistency in punctuality and professional appearance.
- Optimized weight training routines to bring results to a variety of individuals seeking improved fitness levels.
- Developed public speaking skills while educating and motivating a wide variety of individuals on several health clubs across the country.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.