VBA developers work Microsoft’s programming language, Virtual Basic for Applications. Their duties include participating in code review events, assisting other personnel with programming duties, understanding what clients need, using advanced Excel tools to streamline business processes, developing test plan, and developing software documentation to support releases.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Vba Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Vba Developer resumes for your reference.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 1
- Developed a tool, Maintain Price Calculator, to facilitate the determination of pricing for all products based on unit size.
- Designed an algorithm, Sales Tracker, which proves valuable in calculating sales tax from customer purchase orders.
- Accurately calls out the current time every morning during the work day by looking at multiple clocks and determining their set times through a complex series of algorithms.
- Wrote a robust application that introduced a new method for the replication of word processing documents.
- Applied Microsoft Excel functions to relate 25 years worth of data into usable information with pivot tables for future simulations.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 2
- Enhanced existing software with new modules and functionality.
- Streamlined user-interface of developed application by adding new features and adjusting layout of existing features.
- Integrated new modules with the rest of the application, converting applications into one user program that can be used for multiple purposes; created more efficient functionalities due to the reorganization.
- Achieved highest sales revenue daily average in my district; regularly exceeded task completion rate by 20 percent.
- Reduced programming time by 40 percent by creating new automation tools and streamlining programming work flow.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 3
- Developed a comprehensive financial monitoring system from scratch according to internal specifications.
- Capitalized on the compiling of a program used by over 100 teachers daily who teach at three Chicago area schools; shortened compilation time from 60 minutes to 10 seconds.
- Designed and developed a functional purpose-built application for entering data collected at multiple food outlets including inventory checking, purchasing, and sales processing.
- Added value through programming techniques for C# Visual Basic 2012 development including debugging scripts, form development, text file scanning for user input, etc.
- Used Excel 2013 VBA to develop an enterprise level business report management solution with graphs, charts, pivot tables across 80 spreadsheets totaling more than 1 million cells.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 4
- Enhanced, designed, and implemented an automated report generation system using Access VBA to meet desired formats for data input by Supervisor.
- Enabled user-friendly macro development features on new workstations with the installation of new office version release; recognized by Department Manager as valuable team member.
- Developed customized databases, queries, forms, reports, macros, and user-defined functions that improved organizational workflow via Excel VBA; earned appreciation from management staff.
- Improved end-user’s experience with Microsoft Excel (VBA) by providing technical support over the phone during peak times; valued as knowledgeable resource on Excel programming.
- Gained extensive knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Microsoft Excel (VBA) by creating, modifying, and troubleshooting automated reports that assisted end-users in effective decision making.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 5
- Created four different Excel-based solutions for inventory management, which significantly reduced the time it took to process orders.
- Integrated several commercial software programs into an open source business network model; concurrently enhanced all existing programs with new features.
- Authored three different comprehensive databases that exceeded client objectives.
- Designed an object-oriented application framework for commercial use which minimized duplication of effort by all users and increased data pooling via one common database structure.
- Reduced support costs by creating a library of standard modules that were distributed to end customers in lieu of hiring more programmers on staff.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 6
- Developed new user interface for an application that allowed users to rapidly visualize changes in data.
- Provided technical support for all VBA-related issues including macros, selection of objects, and general coding troubleshooting.
- Routinely customized existing code to suit specific requirements of business applications.
- Investigated and resolved complex errors by testing code with alternative logic paths; effectively used debugging tools.
- Delivered reports on time and at high quality standards while working under tight deadlines; recognized by supervisor for exceptional performance.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 7
- Designed/implemented software to track student grades, attendance, assignments, and test scores in Excel Spreadsheet.
- Improved efficiency of data entry personnel by creating a custom keyboard shortcut for entering student information into the school’s grade-keeping system.
- Provided cost savings for the company after creating a template that prevented unnecessary cut-and-paste operations.
- Tailored existing accounting software to calculate tax deductions faster; decreased accuracy error rate from 5% to 0%.
- Bolstered teamwork between departments by developing procedural documents used by two departments working closely together on marketing campaign projects.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 8
- Designed, analyzed, and tested database solutions utilizing SQL Server 2005 and VBA; reduced development time by 50% overall.
- Enhanced VBA code which increased the speed of a customer master update process by 80%; recognized as vital contributor to operation success.
- Determined and resolved code conflicts in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE) after multiple attempts; improved application stability for customers.
- Identified inefficient processes and formulated new solution approaches which streamlined data calculation; enhanced performance by 20%.
- Successfully converted PPT slides for training materials using Microsoft PowerPoint 2010; reduced distribution costs by 20%.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 9
- Converted 1,000 page manual into automated VBA macro program with error-trapping, reporting, workflow features.
- Effectuated process to automate importing of data for company’s 140 reports saving 30 minutes each day for 10 employees.
- Gained expertise in Excel applications including pivot tables , macros , formulas , charts/graphs , sorting/filtering, database connectivity , and linking.
- Improved company’s eCommerce web performance by reducing load times from 2+ minutes to under 5 seconds utilizing superior programming skills.
- Developed .NET Windows Forms applications improving customer satisfaction via increased productivity and decreased costs over existing methods.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 10
- Wrote and documented procedure for using Visual Basic for Applications to support a regression testing process.
- Did VBA development work on the Core Banking System, re-engineering provided templates to include multiple layering levels of validation checks and alerts.
- Developed a customized form to track daily employee timesheet data within Excel spreadsheet template.
- Trained other developers in use of VBA options in conjunction with Microsoft Access application program.
- Generated reports from databases by writing an ActiveX that accessed data from several tables, created cross applications references, then used SQL*XL reporting tool.
VBA Developer Resume Sample 11
- Designed and programmed new features for a custom Excel-based product by reading specifications, developing test cases, and writing the necessary code.
- Developed Macros to automate daily processes ; cut hours from otherwise manually intensive tasks.
- Analyzed estimated time requirements of estimated projects after being reassigned as a member of a team that was struggling with missed deadlines.
- Created scripts that increased efficiency 30% for day-to-day activities.
- Transformed database design process by developing Macro-driven template system which streamlined workflows and increased automation capabilities.
To work as a VBA developer, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences. VBA developers should demonstrate the ability to develop custom solutions using Visual BASIC, knowledge of Excel Macro VBA, knowledge of VB test tools, critical thinking, problem observational skill, problem-solving skill and ability to work long hours to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Vba Developer Resume Samples
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 1
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 2
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 3
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 4
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 5
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 6
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 7
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 8
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 9
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 10
- VBA Developer Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up