A senior sales manager directs the sales operations of a company and manages junior sales staff as well. Their duties include, integrating sales planning with actual cycles, creating sales strategies, forecasting sales and budgets, preparing sales reports, negotiating with customers and coaching sales professionals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Senior Sales Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Senior Sales Manager resumes for your reference.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 1
- Participated in rising to the top of my industry within 10 years. Consistently increased sales 300% to 500%.
- Attained award for “Outstanding Director” from National Sales Manager, recognizing exemplary performance and contributions to the company.
- Earned award for “Best Market Development” from National Sales Manager, recognizing new accounts formed and market growth.
- Outlined plans to increase regional market share while instituting a new sales program. Increased regional revenues by 50% within the first year of implementation.
- Effectively built relationships with business colleagues and clients through team building, mentoring, and charitable activities.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 2
- Consistently ranked number one in sales among my team of 15; achieved over $500,000 annual sales for three consecutive years.
- Increased year-end commissions for three consecutive years by nearly $25,000 annually; received a 15% increase in salary after meeting the goal.
- Provided on-site demonstrations of industry software at events that generated up to $10,000 annual revenue.
- Received promotion after demonstrating industry software at five business events; increased yearly sales by $36,000.
- Demonstrated industry software via live presentations to audiences totaling more than 600 people; increased revenue by more than 50% in first six months of use.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 3
- Secured $30,000 in non-recurring revenue for clients by obtaining special pricing for services.
- Met quota for the company scholarship program by selling books at 35% above suggested retail cost to non-profit organizations.
- Worked with a new client to obtain $300,000 in annual sales by resolving billing issues and resolving quality concerns resulting from prior service providers.
- Achieved $25,000 sales gain following combination of technical documentation with virtual demonstration support; increased customer satisfaction ratings.
- Provided leadership transition advice resulting in improved retention of capital equipment assets and a corresponding increase in sales growth.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 4
- Maintained excellent customer relations; built, implemented, and maintained a successful team of professional sales associates.
- Received recognition award for promotion of new business with existing customers.
- Increased sales by 35% over a two-year period; recognized as a top producer in the region by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service and telephone skills; recognized by customers for the prompt attention to their needs and concerns.
- Developed an original proposal for future growth that was ultimately adopted.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 5
- Used research and analysis skills to ensure that advertising and sales materials were used effectively.
- Created a timely, effective, and profitable sales plan.
- Managed an effective team of four sales representatives, coaching them in the art of selling efficiently.
- Utilized vision to encourage greater individual contribution.
- Earned executive bonus for leading the team in performance record of the year; initiated introduction on a one-on-one basis with six additional prospective accounts.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 6
- Achieved top sales performance by taking responsibility for my own education on a new product.
- Increased monthly sales of my team by over 25% in the first five months of employment.
- Won the Company’s Sales Achievement Award while developing a highly successful list of clients and building positive rapport with customers.
- Personally trained five new employees, resulting in an improved productivity rate of 60% over a three-month period.
- Relentlessly pursued the solution to a problematic account after being told that there was no solution or would not be one for years to come; successful closure resulted in added revenue and recognition.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 7
- Identified a new emerging market by conducting intensive research and market analysis, leading to strategic alliance and acquisition.
- Recruited team of ten for the creation of a new division within the company by identifying opportunities and aligning resources.
- Promoted company culture that united research, production, and marketing professionals to achieve complete customer satisfaction through meeting service standards.
- Achieved best sales team in two out of three quarters.
- Successfully managed a division of 80 employees in 6 months while promoting motivation, communication skills, knowledge accumulation, and computerization within the department.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed over $3 million in sales by ensuring customer satisfaction from product selection, feature set, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Performed concurrent functions for the company’s revenue management activities; on-boarded clients for replacement product sales.
- Engaged new clients through interaction with existing clients and industry contacts.
- Established a track record of exceeding quota goals; completed $150K in annual sales in three quarters with no marketing expense.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager and Senior Management as one of the top performers within their field of employment.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 9
- Worked directly with the top 1% of sales representatives and was responsible for $100K in revenue.
- Designed, instituted, and implemented monthly goals, quarterly quotas, and annual quotas to achieve Company sales goals.
- Achieved best customer satisfaction in five consecutive quarters of sales activities.
- Maintained balance between production and profitability and increased gross profit margin while managing a ten-member team with no additional resources.
- Developed an efficient system for planning out the year based on major contract cycles and aggressive product launches.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 10
- Introduced a new product to market prior to meeting sales expectations and exceeding stated goals.
- Recognized as a top performer by the region’s manager.
- Successfully increased sales by 14% while increasing productivity per employee by 45%.
- Recruited and trained an all-star team of veteran salespeople. The selection was confirmed by the National Association of Independent Sales Force Executives, Inc. (NAISFE).
- Recognized for outstanding contribution to the organization by peers, superiors, and external constituents for extraordinary selling professionalism.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 11
- Produced multiple sales above quota during a period when sales did not meet preset goals.
- Developed almost daily and weekly individual and small group sales meetings to improve performance.
- Worked 25 hour weeks during peak season without missing a single day of work.
- Established new yearly performance standards to achieve $2 million in sales within the first year of employment.
- Oversaw the growth of a 250% increase in units sold, from 1999 to 2000.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 12
- Dedicated sales representative for global products; emphasized customer relationships, account penetration, and product knowledge.
- Consistently ranked as top sales performer in annual Sales Review by the direct manager; consistently provided solutions in customer relations.
- Achieved award for highest territory productivity and margin growth; sold consistently to difficult accounts requiring extensive problem resolution.
- Realized new potentials for human sharing and cooperation after developing relationships between customers and suppliers through complex product negotiations and contract administration.
- Consistently displayed advanced communication skills during over 20 presentations at major industry trade shows, association conventions, personal appearance campaigns, and private training events.
Senior Sales Manager Resume Sample 13
- Well-versed in the sales process and its importance as a means of achieving revenue goals.
- Effectively used interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients.
- Nurtured existing multi-million dollar client base; increased sales by 20%.
- Consistently met monthly sales projections and surpassed quarterly sales goals.
- Created exemplary customer service, recognized by customers and peers; consistently scored highest in customer satisfaction surveys.
To become a senior sales manager you must have a bachelor’s degree in business subjects whereas some certification in sales frameworks like BANT or CHANP is preferred. A senior sales manager must demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, negotiation, team-building skills, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving and customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.