These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Ophthalmic Technician resumes for your reference.
- Maintained patients charts by keeping them updated with detailed notes.
- Administered visual field tests, eye drop administration for dilation, tonometry, fluorescein angiography gdx, refract patients, and assisted Doctor in minor surgeries.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, and provide clean work environment for doctor and patient.
- Assisted Ophthalmologists with in house procedures such as lasers and injections as needed.
- Interviewed and recorded patient medical history via electronic data entry.
- Coordinated the daily office flow of all patients through their ophthalmic visit.
- Ensured patients understanding of physicians diagnosis, instructions, and treatment.
- Greeted patients, answered phones, documented insurances, prepared billing information, Maintained doctor-pateint schedule, performed clerical duties.
- Performed autorefraction, non-contact tonometry, and papillary distance measurements.
- Obtained patient medical history and investigated chief complaints.
- Performed Visual Field Testing, Optical Coherence Tomography, and Assessed Intra ocular pressure through Tono pen or applanation.
- Setup sterile field with instrumentation and assisted physicians with intra ocular injections.
- Competently administered VA testing in adult and pediatric patients.
- Assisted patients in making right choices based on their needs and personalities.
- Used personal contacts to bring in new vendors, and maintained inventory.
- Participated in implementation of a new patients privacy system, with business owners support.
- Assisted physician with procedures such as chalazion excisions, entropians, and extropians, blepharoplasty, and lid lesion excisions.
- Scheduled cataract extractions, cataract surgery aftercare and education.
- Maintained positive relationships with all ophthalmic drug company representatives.
- Multi-tasked general office duties such as answering multiple telephone lines, scheduling appointments, and scheduling out- patient testing or procedures for patients.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and administered pretesting.
- Authorized drug refills and provided detailed prescription information to pharmacies.
- Adeptly managed multi-line phone system, pleasantly greeted all patients, and registered patients.
- Professionally and courteously scheduled and verified appointment times with patients.
- Assisted doctors with non-invasive procedures; obtained consent forms as necessary.
- Collected and calculated diagnostic data; and ensured to remain current with documentation guidelines.
- Recognized an emergency situation and initiated appropriate plan of action.
- Assisted in the orientation of new employees, and recognized and utilized opportunities to teach other staff members.
- Performed basic and routine vision screenings examinations; and recorded data on standard format.
- Managed to administered eye medications as ordered by the Ophthalmologists.
- Performed liaison duties between patients, referring physicians, and hospital staff.
- Served as Contact Lens Specialist ordering contacts and providing instruction in proper use of contacts to patients.
- Conducted screening and provided assistance to patients needing to be seen over the weekend.
- Scheduled surgeries, prepared patients for physician visits, provided pre-operative counseling, and performed eye testing and evaluation.
- Established solid patient relationships while demonstrating ability to work well under pressure and applying solid decision making skills.
- Coordinate referrals to outside facilities through third party vendors for further testing.
- Prepared doctor’s rooms, uncovering equipment and escorting patients to an exam room.
- Performed visual acuity, manual intraocular pressure, color tests, and drops for dilation.
- Assist Doctor with minor procedures and lasers using Medflow software; sterilized instruments, and performed Humphrey Visual Field Testing (HVF) and Pachymetry Testing.