The furnace operator operates the furnace that heats up metal to make slabs or fabricated forms. Their duties include controlling gas, coal, electric or oil furnace, performing sample tests, making detailed analysis of the materials you melt, maintenance and safety checks on all equipment, weighing metal scraps and loading into furnace, and regulating airflow to furnace and monitoring coolant.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Furnace Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Furnace Operator resumes for your reference.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a crew of fifteen utility workers and six foremen during the day shift to facilitate all daily activities.
- Instructed construction crews on furnace installation procedure through effective communication.
- Trained co-workers in new installation methodologies for gas furnaces, ensuring compliance with manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Laid out complex pipe runs for building distribution systems, saving budget costs by 10%.
- Designed a layout plan for a new office building which reduced construction time by 2 weeks and saved $10,000 in material costs.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 2
- Built and executed practical plans for furnace installation in a new office building.
- Successfully installed equipment, such as ductwork and conduit, in commercial building; managed daily schedules to keep project on track.
- Installed the required number of furnaces for tenant occupancy completion; achieved Maximum Performance Goal 100% of the time.
- Proposed modifications to improve oxygen recovery and economizer design after study of chemical and physical properties of process gasses used for industrial heating applications.
- Improved customer’s steel mill by training operators in best practices discovered through implementation of lean manufacturing concepts; recognized by management with employee recognition award.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 3
- Handled over thirty furnaces from an assistant to a lead in a large industrial plant.
- Designed and implemented a wire-stacking machine that increased productivity by almost three times the previous rate.
- Conducted required inspections on furnaces, valves, pressure switches, and other equipment in order to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Earned recognition for improving quality of workmanship through implementation of a requirement for self-inspection among workers.
- Achieved highest grade on the performance evaluation scale for manufacturing floor employees four times consecutively within two years after being hired.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 4
- Fabricated and installed a new coal-fired furnace for a single-family residence by reading blueprints, marking out dimensions on steel plate, and setting up rigging equipment.
- Effectively maintained over 15 pieces of equipment including stationary boilers, large pumps, fans, pipes, and control systems.
- Reduced costs on fuel consumption by cutting back on the amount of fuel needed to maintain appropriate temperatures in buildings during winter months.
- Completed summer performance bonus program with 96% efficiency rating.
- Trained 2 new employees in 5 week period while significant others were off sick or vacationing; reduced workloads due to illness in department.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 5
- Successfully managed lead duties of furnace operator team during two weeks of mandatory manpower shortage.
- Achieved increased uptime by 35% on furnaces through ongoing maintenance programs.
- Recognized for superior performance in reducing furnace shutdowns that led to increased production of 60 tonnes per month.
- Improved safety record with fewer injuries, leading to improved customer satisfaction and lower insurance premiums. Recognized for supporting departmental safety goals.
- Reduced scrap percentage by 22% through effective management of consumables; recognized for outstanding performance by production manager.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 6
- Safely operated and monitored heating and cooling equipment.
- Meticulously maintained all company vehicles.
- Maintained accountability of inventory, tools, parts, hardware, merchandise purchased for resale from suppliers.
- Frequently required to use personal computer & standard office productivity tools to complete a variety of clerical tasks ranging from word processing to data entry.
- Fluent in English and Spanish; provided translation services to over 50 professional contacts.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 7
- Maintained a production average of 18 units/day while learning to operate the furnace from an experienced team leader.
- Executed aluminum heat-treating process during four months off due to illness, creating no breakdowns or defects in the product even though quality was never compromised.
- Met daily quota despite lack of experience using oxy-fuel cutting equipment by strictly observing all guidelines and safety precautions.
- Supervised installation of industrial radiators into six commercial buildings with minimal supervision.
- Recognized for outstanding performance on customer satisfaction surveys, receiving highest rating on scale of 1-5 for each project completed under budget.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 8
- Removed furnace from old home, loaded on truck with forklift.
- Installed new furnace, ran gas line to house, attached condensate line & pulleys.
- Visited customer’s home daily to check water level in pan under outflow pipe. Responded immediately to low-water calls to prevent damage.
- Attended 5 day training program for VAV control systems at manufacturers’ facility; implemented programming changes per procedures manual at different sites efficiently and without error.
- Solved problems with installation of Excalibur controls after 3rd party subcontractor performed improper installation resulting in system malfunctioning. Diagnosed cause of problem as faulty wiring harnesses provided by subcontractor.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 9
- Assembled and repaired heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems consisting of hot water boilers, gas and oil furnaces.
- Completed all assigned jobs in a satisfactory manner according to building codes by controlling material usage, costs, productivity, safety requirements, using measuring equipment.
- Implemented energy saving suggestions resulting in 11% reduction in natural gas consumption during peak hours.
- Maintained the highest quality service by reducing customer wait times during peak hours due to proactive communication with customers regarding service requests.
- Achieved 100% job completion within six months by reducing time spent on each job due to organizational planning that increased overall efficiency of furnace repair services.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 10
- Maintained equipment by keeping all gauges, thermometers, oil lines, bearings lubricated.
- Assisted in the planning and providing all labor for installation of new machinery at building site.
- Oversaw furnace maintenance including monthly cleanings and preventative maintenance to ensure safe operation.
- Received local safety award for preventing an accident; identified potentially hazardous situation caused by poor wiring which placed fellow employees at risk.
- Orchestrated “Best Tasting Water” rating among water purifiers; organized taste testing that led other purifier companies to follow suit with similar initiatives.
Furnace Operator Resume Sample 11
- Installed, serviced, and repaired steam boilers, packaged boilers, hot water heaters, furnaces, condensate pumps.
- Fabricated ductwork for heating systems according to blueprints.
- Identified causes of malfunctions in equipment related to temperature rise through the use of thermocouples.
- Rewired electrical controls on a furnace to increase its efficiency via temperature sensors and relays; recognized by the Plant Engineer for my contribution in helping secure an Energy Star rating from the EPA.
- Troubleshooted and restored operations within 8 hours after a complete power outage for which I was awarded by management and daily workers at company-wide meeting in the Plant Auditorium.
o work as a Furnace Operator, you need a high school diploma or equivalent and speak English. The Furnace Operator must have knowledge of equipment operations and controls, tools, physical strength, good health, good communication skills, an understanding of raw material and their processing and be familiar with industrial settings.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.