An HVAC installer assists families and businesses to ensure that the air in all rooms of their establishment is warm or cool enough to meet their desired comfort levels. Duties include making large or small repairs to the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units of buildings, conducting maintenance on units that are old or otherwise in need of repair, painting units to maintain their appearance, figuring out the source of malfunctions when they arise, and transporting necessary tools to complete the task. The top skills for this position are physical energy (to carry heavy tools, ventilating equipment), mechanical proficiency (for repairing and maintaining the units), and communication skills (to consult with clients). A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position along with a certification from an HVAC training program.
The Best HVAC Installer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real HVAC Installer resumes for your reference.
- Load and take inventory of equipment to make sure the job is done thoroughly.
- Rip out old systems and take measurements to better fit in new equipment.
- Wire new systems and make sure everything is completed accurately and efficiently.
- Make sure correct paperwork is filled out and that the work is done to their liking.
- Worked as a technician installing and repairing heating and cooling systems in residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- Assembled, positioned, and mounted heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints.
- Cut and drilled holes in floors, walls, and roof to install equipment, using power saws and drills.
- Fabricated, assembled, and installed ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment.
- Joined pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form a complete circuit.
- Installed high-efficiency heating systems in single-family homes, duplexes, and condominiums.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of DUcts, water heater, heat pumps, condensers, and coils.
- EPA certified to reclaim and recover refrigerant.
- Complete work orders and make sure customers receive 5-star service.
- Diagnosed problems with HVAC installations using advanced testing equipment; completed repairs on time.
- Created written reports for requesting reimbursement for incidental services performed without previous authorization.
- Install compressors, evaporators, motors, ducts, and piping as well as mechanical/ electrical controls; read and interpret blueprints/diagrams.
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance on bearings, pumps, polyphase motors, shaft alignments, and fans; document maintenance/repair actions and manage equipment records.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and repair malfunctioning HVAC systems and components; utilize measuring and testing instruments.
- Deliver outstanding customer service as the main point of contact for project inquiries, achieved 100% quality service ratings in random client surveys.
- Helped to maintain factory certification by attending required training classes and passing certification exams; achieved certification as a Trane Comfort Specialist and an Underwriters Laboratories Thermostat Technician.
- Connected and disconnected wiring, piping, tubing, and thermostat wiring.
- Operated precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Operated hand tools to adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Provided and installed HVAC for new-home construction.
- Completed all required training needed to receive a Master’s level certification certificate, allowing me to conduct heating/cooling system repairs.
- Work with heating, ventilation, and air conditioning HVAC systems.
- Install, repair, replace and maintain HVAC systems for homes and businesses; in my types of building.
- Know how to operate buildings to cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Consistently completed a variety of tasks, including but not limited to installations, individual and group instruction of hands-on and theoretical skills, sales and follow-up contact on customer satisfaction.
- Achieved top individual in sales award given by the company for dedicated effort in achieving the highest customer satisfaction ratings.
- Work with compressors, evaporators, ducts, and piping as well as mechanical/electrical controls.
- Partner with other members of the team to deliver outstanding service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills; organized and prioritized work orders to ensure maximum quality and service to customers.
- Developed an effective customer service rapport by responding promptly to customers’ concerns by accurate written documents and phone calls.
- Installation of Gas/Water/Oil heaters and boiler, PVC, black/copper piping, sweating, and related carpentry.
- Maintained already-installed systems for customers that were having issues.
- Executed job in a friendly manner, providing a full explanation to customers during the installation process.
- Installed residential and commercial heating/cooling systems for major manufacturers for five years. Coached young technicians in the field.
- Coordinated a crew of five other technicians to ensure the installation of twenty-five systems per week. Utilized the manufacturer’s computer program to provide customers with optimal settings.
- Work directly with homeowners, building owners, and maintenance workers while always maintaining a professional, positive, and approachable demeanor.
- Perform HVAC repairs upon request and replaced units when necessary.
- Maintain all electrical tools and equipment necessary for the installation and repair.
- Mentored a technician on-site; discovered faulty wiring after hearing strange noises; shut down the system before fire could start and completed the repair within two hours.
- Installed and maintained heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in residential, commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Service Tech & HVAC Installer
- Ascertain the root cause of a problem and test solutions to correct the situation accurately.
- Make lots of house calls, and schedule jobs, while keeping timely appointments.
- Works with complex machinery, and understands the pieces and tools needed to maintain and install these machines in extreme conditions.
- Trained complete HVAC apprentice class; prepared apprentice for journeyman status.
- Provided exemplary service by resolving problems of HVAC systems on the first call; led to recognition as a top installer for two years running.
- Assist in the installation of the automation systems with the help of various tools.
- Prepare documents for the work carried such as installation, maintenance, and repair work.
- Install and fabricate the compressors, evaporators, various temperature, and humidity control components, and fuses.
- Maintain environmental conditions by replacing and/or rebuilding faulty components.
- Awarded the highest marks for quality of service to customers; referred by previous customers as “responsive, dependable.”
- Able to install all High/Low Voltage refrigeration lines, boiler piping, gas piping, etc. associated with the installation of all the equipment previously mentioned.
- Excels at roughing in duct-work according to drawings and everything associated with this step of the installation process.
- Installation of light commercial/spiral duct-work per drawing layout.
- Developed a superior training program to take advantage of technology advances.
- Installed duct work, piping, and equipment for an HVAC system in a new facility.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.