An after school program coordinator are responsible for organizing activities for students after school. An after school program coordinator’s responsibilities include developing after school programs, administering curriculum, motivating students, identifying and remedying misconduct, keeping student records, and coordinating with parents.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best After School Program Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real After School Program Coordinator resumes for your reference.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Trained and supervised 63 high-school students in student leadership, self-confidence, and discipline in an after-school program.
- Edited all details of a citywide clean-up project with over 300 volunteers; supervised the coordination of hundreds of volunteers; enabled the project manager to complete over 9000 volunteer hours.
- Trained and supervised four employees in a school bus driving in a remote area in Ghana (Africa).
- Directed and monitored all details for a summer camp for children with disabilities; we established a special “Camp for Special Kids” fund through donations from parents, local businesses, churches, and community members.
- Supervised two employees in a special education program for special needs students.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Established and enforced rules and procedures for supervision and participation of twenty-five children in daily enrichment activities.
- Scheduled staff members based on least availability, most need, or both when possible.
- Trained ten volunteers in basic child care techniques after completing their own training program.
- Presented volunteer orientations on volunteer responsibilities, health insurance coverage for minor injuries, and confidentiality of child boardings with parents’ permission.
- Supervised and managed After School Program (ASP) staff and volunteers including cleaning, organizing, and inventory of program supplies.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Implemented, organized, and coordinated after-school programming for two groups of children (K-5 grade).
- Organized games between teams of students to foster self-esteem, cooperation, leadership skills, teamwork.
- Provided emergency first aid to child’s finger cut with scissors during an arts/crafts activity.
- Scheduled field trips for over 50 students to places such as zoos, museums, science centers.
- Supervised program participants over 50 times at public events including the local library story hour.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Delivered before and after school programs in elementary schools for children with exceptional needs.
- Established administration systems, policies, procedures, and documentation to produce documentation for subsequent promotion.
- Monitored staff productivity levels, achievement levels of required activities, monitored scheduling of after school site visits by parents, coordinators use of time off to attend classes in order to maintain a commitment to academics.
- Presented annual performance reviews to each supervisor expressing the enthusiasm of the staff in their work.
- Trained supervisors of the after-school programs in the activities of attendance records, reporting procedures, data sharing procedures, and procedures for payroll.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Co-developed and implemented a “21st Century After School Program” curriculum.
- Supervised the daily operations of 57 high school students, including developing lesson plans for 7 teachers, conducting weekly staff meetings, and maintaining student records.
- Wrote grants to fund the program from a private foundation and a school district that allowed for a successful expansion to accommodate 100 students.
- Taught yoga classes for students interested in developing their physical health, improving concentration, and relieving stress.
- Promoted creativity through artistic expression by organizing student talent shows with over 100 participants from 5 schools.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Maintained daily attendance, student safety, and discipline of 130 children in after school program.
- Coordinated before and after care for each program separately to ensure safe transitions.
- Selected appropriate reading materials for students, implemented the project schedule, and delivered speeches at special events.
- Managed parent relations by keeping attendance records, communicating with parents at home, and answering phone calls.
- Enhanced structural integrity of school by participating in painting projects to improve the aesthetic value of the building.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Conducted weekly meetings to discuss themes, decorations, and activities for students of grades 2–5.
- Managed and distributed inventory of books and supplies.
- Contracted and oversaw school bus service with local busing company.
- Supported thirty-five teachers by coordinating field trips, student class projects, and school events.
- Managed budget for new curriculum materials centered on Native American studies.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Maintained travel schedules for over 100 students of all ages attending over 30 programs in the United States and abroad.
- Updated and maintained attendance records for more than 2000 students of all ages attending several hundred educational programs of various kinds.
- Reported, tracked, and recorded attendance to state agencies, accounting departments, and central offices within the public school system.
- Interviewed new employees before hiring through preliminary screening process.
- Provided clerical assistance to Director of Programs at national headquarters in San Francisco, California.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Recruited and supervised a team of twenty-four to ensure daily operations, accounting, mail distribution, and contract fulfillment for over 80 children at a daycare center.
- Planned, organized, and coordinated activities for over 1200 children in order to satisfy standards set by state-mandated standards.
- Assisted in the development of a computer programming curriculum for elementary students who participated in after-school projects for MKT Campuses.
- Evaluated students performance in each activity to ensure correct completion of each project under the supervision of MKT government officials.
- Assisted in the design, implementation, and operation of a profit-sharing program at a sports merchandise store, where I was a part of a profit-sharing committee.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Successfully led a program of recreational activities for 65 children for ten months, ranging in ages from 2 to 10 years old.
- Managed a total of nine staff members totaling over 100 cumulative years of experience in child services.
- Provided encouragement, support, and praise to parents after observing individual efforts toward job quality.
- Created curriculum music videos with student participation to promote classroom activities.
- Hired, trained, and supervised three seasonal employees for three summer seasons.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Carried out the day-to-day functions of a small business while attending college, raising a child, and training in martial arts.
- Taught grade school children self-defense at a risk-free location for three years.
- Accomplished administrative tasks while simultaneously training for a future career as a police officer.
- Assisted other employees in obtaining their college degrees.
- Contributed to the success of junior high students through mentoring and tutoring programs.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Convinced and inspired misbehaving children to follow proper procedures and achieve success through rational, consistent, and positive motivation.
- Facilitated the introduction of new curricula by researching and preparing a funding proposal with a panel of school administrators.
- Devised a daily schedule with specific time allotments for each activity based on pupil needs and performance levels.
- Directed the selection of tutors to assist students’ comprehension in reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, English as a Second Language (ESL), physical education, music, artistry/drama, health/wellness studies, manual arts/shop classes.
- Supervised a staff of 25 to ensure each student was assigned a tutor and received tutoring according to his or her academic needs.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Worked as a supervisor of child care workers for after-school activities.
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented the first-ever Japanese Culture Club at a prominent grammar school.
- Co-designed special programs for senior citizens.
- Prepared many reports, letters, and other paperwork for personal assistant activities.
- Partnered with New York City teaching hospitals to provide English classes for international patients.
After School Program Coordinator Resume Sample 14
- Conducted the corporate after-school learning program for a local childcare center.
- Edited and arranged brochures, calendars, promotional materials, and special events for a national company.
- Created spreadsheets for inventory management for one of three stores.
- Assisted in organizing educational conferences for two schools, four colleges, and a local church.
- Organized documentation for a nonprofit corporation that worked to teach about the environment.
To become an after school program coordinator, a bachelor’s degree in education is required. An after school program coordinator must have excellent leadership skills, must have excellent organizational skills, must be creative, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be adaptable, and must be motivational.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.