A Health Administrative Assistant performs clerical duties in a hospital or Dr office. Their duties include updating health records, monitoring budgets, creating employee schedules, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, recording medical and office supplies, and identifying the needs of health care professionals.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Health Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Health Administrator resumes for your reference.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Managed daily operations of a hospital outpatient clinic with six physicians and 80 staff members.
- Accessed claims data, processed invoices for accuracy, and immediately corrected errors with insurance companies to maximize reimbursement.
- Established an effective training program for new employees and provided ongoing instruction to current employees in the form of demonstrations and on-the-job training sessions.
- Analyzed medical records and physician reports to identify trends and significant changes that would affect future patient care plans.
- Redesigned workflows and charts for increased efficiency of physicians’ practices resulting in $218K savings over two years period.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Pioneered a set of community-based programs to provide wellness services to the uninsured and medically underserved in San Francisco.
- Oversaw health, education, and outreach programs for at-risk children in public schools. Provided guidance for parents on health issues including nutrition, exercise, sleep hygiene, and chronic disease management.
- Spearheaded a large-scale surveillance program eradicating vaccine preventable diseases across all schools in San Francisco Unified School District. Participated in weekly conference calls with over 800 medical providers from around California identifying outbreaks from measles from swine flu to pertussis.
- Instilled sound coping skills for stress management & time management while collaborating multiple stakeholders during 3 months of pandemic flu response and recovery.
- Effectively supervised various levels of staff from line workers to managers while meeting productivity goals for 5 months during mass layoffs.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Received commendation for taking enforcement action on chronically underperforming nursing homes in the state.
- Penetrated problems of chronic absenteeism and its associated costs; restored productivity while ensuring labor compliance with company standards.
- Implemented procedures to ensure that all personnel are adequately compensated by easily accessible timekeeping records, performance reviews, and self-generated documentation.
- Trained new staff members to effectively conduct audits without sacrificing the quality of work product or adherence to high standards of operation.
- Led May 2010 project team through five weeks of intense preparation activities culminating in the organization’s largest rebranding initiative since 2008.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Administered and developed programs to improve quality of patient care such as Blood Bank, Pharmacy, Patient Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Joint Commission.
- Collaborated with physicians to produce positive change in clinical staff behaviors through revision of the employee orientation program.
- Performed contractual negotiations with doctors offices on medical group staff member contracts within budgeted guidelines while ensuring compliance with physician credentialing standards.
- Received Meritorious Recognition for outstanding work on Evaluation for Improvement Project; improved clinical service by collaborating with hospital task forces across multiple services.
- Provided support during organization renewal project that led to successful implementation of projects on time or early while maintaining compliance requirements on an annual basis.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Trained, supervised, coached and developed staff members of 22 people to increase their efficiency through more effective communication.
- Achieved highest sales month for 8 years during development of new promotional campaign; recognized by company’s Vice President for exceptional performance.
- Supervised an office renovation project for $250,000+ training center with full-time staff of 15 employees.
- Assessed the need for uniform health policies throughout an 11 state area, which enabled physicians dating back to 1973 to uniformly apply guidelines.
- Planned events for annual departmental meeting attended by over 200 senior level administrators resulting in smoother workflow between departments. I was given a plaque recognizing my efforts as an outstanding individual.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Promoted interdepartmental cooperation and coordination by serving as liaison between Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Physicians, and Dentists.
- Contributed to healthy lifestyle education by designing guide pamphlets for implementation in community clinic.
- Honored with Employee of the Month award after receiving high scores—after only three weeks on the job—on a company test that measured speed and accuracy of output.
- Provided comprehensive medical services while overseeing a staff of 11 through investigation, resolution, documentation, and follow-up of over 100 insurance claims each month.
- Achieved annual departmental goals while adhering to budget guidelines; recognized for superior performance with merit increase that exceeded workgroup average by seven percent.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Oversaw the development of new physician offices for a major health care provider.
- Implemented state-of-the-art computer applications to develop, monitor, and measure operational efficiencies.
- Chaired staff meetings to establish performance standards for complex staff operations.
- Improved staff operations by introducing innovative approaches that increased staff effectiveness and morale.
- Changed departmental procedures through advocacy processes that improved services to clients, reduced number of clients on waiting lists, and increased outreach participation rates to minority populations.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Established a new clinic to improve the health care of over 15,000 people by increasing access to primary and preventative care while significantly reducing wait time.
- Oversaw compliance issues during transition from an HMO-owned clinic to being a private, independent practice. Identified and resolved financial reporting discrepancies by utilizing team effort.
- Reorganized front desk flow process in an emergency department that increased patient intake efficiency by 20%.
- Improved revenue cycle management results through reduced accounts receivables from 84 days down to 64 days while being recognized as a top performer.
- Assisted in research for creating a wellness program designed to improve employee’s health, decrease absenteeism rates, and increase productivity for businesses.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Developed relationships with board members, physicians, health insurers, and patients that were respectful while communicating objectives.
- Effectively managed multiple projects that all ended on schedule by establishing priorities, delegating responsibility to subordinates, supervising daily work progress of staff, soliciting input from team members.
- Recognized for improvement in customer relations through positive interactions with internal customers (physicians) after the institution of a new call system for external patient inquiries at the hospital.
- Improved physician satisfaction by 10% within 6 months of time after implementing an internal/external communication plan concerning sensitive issues impacting provider satisfaction levels.
- Introduced website technology into office environment; effective use proved cost-saving benefits for the company.
Health Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Wrote the annual departmental plan; analyzed results, identified problem areas/causes, and made recommendations to the City Administrator.
- Improved ambulance billing for better cash flow by increasing revenue recognition of $280,000 in first year.
- Launched citywide program to provide health information seminars on general wellness awareness to community residents. Conducted three free workshops with over 100 attendees each month.
- Resolved parking problems at hospital by instituting new policy requiring employees – but not visitors – to pay for parking.
- Streamlined documentation process resulting in increased productivity along with six-figure savings through reduced overhead costs.
To work as a health care Administrative Assistant, you need a bachelor’s degree in health care administration or a related field. A health care Administrative Assistant must have 5 years of experience in an administrative position, proven experience with administration and accounting, in-depth knowledge of health care regulations and medical terminology, attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.