Pipeline engineers are responsible for the design, construction, installation and maintenance of pipelines. Their main responsibilities include preparing specifications for material purchase, optimizing the laying route, reviewing the layout requirements, drawing blueprints for piping systems, calculating the total cost of the piping job and surveying the piping installation sites.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pipeline Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pipeline Engineer resumes for your reference.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated excellent judgment in the application of engineering, mathematics, and computer technology during design, layout, and review of projects.
- Effectively communicated with clients, engineers, supervisors, and other personnel to assure satisfaction with project progress.
- Started an appointment time clock program; tripled efficiency of on-site time clocks.
- Discovered patentable technology through a collaborative effort between business and university; developed patent application process and system.
- Established a new career path by initiating four new employees at the pump house level on a single project; earned five-star award.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Requested and received a 15% pay raise within six months of meeting criteria.
- Developed critical training on pipeline design, construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Developed blood gases and concentrations to ensure accuracy in the identification of unknowns; ensured accuracy in the interpretation of results using the protocols of NIOSH and OSHA.
- Developed integrity in documentation by admitting mistakes and fixing them; standardized testing process for all equipment and personnel.
- Received award for quality from senior management; provided feedback to improve processes as well as seeking improvement opportunities; assisted with design and construction of a new production plant during extended absences from home because of Hurricane Katrina.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Designed and supervised installation of over 1,500 miles of natural gas transmission lines.
- Reorganized process flow chart for a $5 billion annual manufacturing operation, saving the company over $30 million in lost revenue and materials.
- Resolved pipeline contamination problems while identifying sources; directed crew through quick repairs to restore flow.
- Multiplied natural gas production by 200% after engineering team developed fuel cell model that simulates boil-off rate of natural gas liquids at varying conditions from -50 degrees F to plus 516 degrees F.
- Maximized safety and productivity by overseeing construction of four new facilities for $20 million investment.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Quietly understood the technical basis of pipeline design and construction, met financial goals, and contributed to the success of the company.
- Trained to the full completion in one year to join a new project on another continent.
- Received award for contribution to the local community; successfully completed two projects on time and under budget.
- Trained students to achieve level 3 certification; evidenced knowledge of materials and environment by solving an incident-based simulated pipeline failure.
- Demonstrated excellent job performance in an industry where skilled workers are difficult to find.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Managed 8 engineers and support personnel in an industry-leading pipeline inspection and structural integrity program. Orchestrated development of a county-wide inspection program, standard operating protocols, and reporting system.
- Led team in research and development of new technology to locate corrosion in buried pipelines. Innovative solutions reduced the company’s overall costs.
- Successfully benchmarked current industry practices to identify opportunities for improvement, resulting in $1M annual cost savings during my first year as Engineer Manager for Inspection Services.
- Spearheaded formation of the multi-disciplinary safety task force; implemented policies resulting in 40% reduction in lost time injuries (LTI) during first six months.
- Developed proactive process solutions to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations; prepared reports and training manuals that are now an industry standard.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Designed and supervised the execution of engineering projects such as road reconstruction, improvement of water supply, planting trees, and land development; ultimately improved quality of life for pipeline staff.
- Instigated a farm environmental project in conjunction with city planning to assist in crop rotation, conservation, and healthier livestock.
- Improved local living conditions by providing improved safe water supply by drilling new wells and maintaining old ones; actively participated in public education regarding hygiene.
- Raised the standard of living through implementation of sanitation projects that included provision for bathing facilities and trash removal.
- Introduced stricter safety procedures to improve health benefits for all employees; designed practices for monitoring equipment operation.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Recognized for outstanding performance on pipeline design, supervision, and inspection; received award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines.
- Initiated project based on local demand surveys; integrated ideas to design and construct new oil pipeline in support of increased domestic production.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating labor, materials, and equipment at rates that supported time and material costs.
- Analyzed economic rate of return to minimize risks associated with capitalizing on future domestic energy resources.
- Built relationships with local landowners; represented the U.S. by traveling to Brazil twice to negotiate construction contracts after receiving credit from the State Department.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 8
- As an operator in a designated position, successfully coordinated engineering activities and directed maintenance planning for a 500-mile pipeline.
- Developed strategic plans for construction and operations to optimize production levels and scheduling.
- Managed new pipeline projects as a part of a team that developed integrated engineering & construction programs.
- Supervised the work of a multi-discipline team consisting of professional engineers, technicians, project managers, estimators, surveyors, and other specialists.
- Performed the design and development of new components for various oil field applications.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Performed duties as a team leader and manager; utilized the company software package, AutoCAD, in design and schematic of the project.
- Exceeded numerous deadlines leading to maximum budget savings.
- Researched and analyzed geologic conditions during design phase of the project.
- Performed duties as knowledgeable operator under close supervision; knowledge gained on prior assignments involving well logs, drilling of wells, and completion of samples was included in this work.
- New technologies implemented by the Company have increased safety measures and reduced equipment costs by utilizing computerized logging.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Accurately performed, verified, and submitted quality engineering reports.
- Developed and led weekly team-building activities. Directed group activities that reached a critical mass level of group participation, time spent together, and overall project success.
- Successfully completed project assignments in a timely manner with outstanding quality and accuracy. Increased job performance to increase productivity and effectiveness as a professional engineer; while maintaining excellent standards of trustworthiness; courtesy, and professionalism.
- Presented a paper at the Annual Pipeline Institute Conference that was well received by peers for its content; communication style; and professionalism.
- Productively increased pipeline safety and reliability through the implementation of a comprehensive emergency response plan that was sanctioned by the regulatory agency.
Pipeline Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Developed pumps, valves, and piping systems for oil/gas fields.
- Evaluated and treated over 4,000 miles of pipeline due to corrosion or damage.
- Performed field inspections on several hundred miles of pipeline, determining where repairs were necessary.
- Trained employees in safety procedures for gas pipelines.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by the Safety Manager; promoted to the position of Team Leader due to continued excellence in safety practices despite increased job responsibilities.
To work as a pipeline engineer, you require a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or its equivalent and a Professional engineer (P.E) license. Pipeline engineers must demonstrate analytical skills, technical skills, creativity, time management skills, managerial skills, communication skills and drawing skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.