A network operations manager manages a company’s network to ensure it runs and is maintained. A network operations manager’s responsibilities include briefing government personnel, solving issues with network infrastructure, creating procedures to operate in the event of an outage or high volume conditions, collaborating with team members, delegating tasks, and monitoring changes in configuration.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Operations Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Operations Manager resumes for your reference.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Achieved a seven-time consecutive win on the “Best Places to Work” survey for providing superior customer services.
- Improved customer satisfaction rating from 89% to 97%; recognized and publicly commended by the CEO and president of company.
- Awarded company performance award for achieving targets in key areas, such as service requests, trouble reports, and documentation completion; increased productivity while reducing costs.
- Planned, scheduled, and coordinated network infrastructure upgrades, deployments of new systems and software releases; reduced risk exposure by implementing security policies.
- Spearheaded project to reduce number of servers by 80%, increase redundancy of critical systems; realized savings due to zero capital investment required.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed, implemented, and maintained servers for a Windows 2000 Active Directory domain within the company’s data center.
- Contributed to team effort that recovered critical systems after hard drive failure resulting in lost data; recognized by senior management.
- Resolved problems including routing issues with ISPs, DNS services, DHCP servers, email flow issues via remote access software.
- Monitored multiple boards simultaneously during shift changes while providing exceptional customer service to technicians and supervisors alike.
- Negotiated over $10 million worth of network upgrades while successfully overcoming hurdles associated with limited budget restrictions.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed entire installation project for new company PBX phone systems, including equipment procurement and system design.
- Supervised daily telephone network operations of nine people in six locations; increased network uptime from 85% to 99%.
- Identified $15,500 / year savings in wasted telecommunications expenses after increasing employee product knowledge base.
- Spearheaded customer-server migration by designing standardized change management process; recognized as key contributor in company’s successful IT restructuring.
- Achieved 100% on job exam review scoring highest possible overall results; responsible for hiring network staff of 18 employees who ramped up service quality by 10%.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Responds to network failures and takes immediate corrective action; implemented preventive measures to minimize future outages.
- Improves performance of the team by providing coaching, training, and development opportunities for employees; implements successful employee retention strategies.
- Implements software upgrades with minimal down-time; reduces risk of downtime during system migrations by carefully planning the infrastructure upgrade process.
- Liaises between internal technical teams and external vendors in order to understand requirements under complex service-level agreements overseas.
- Provides high quality customer service by ensuring prompt problem resolution, analyzing logs generated from IT event monitoring applications, escalating critical issues immediately. Identifies trends or patterns over time that might indicate risks or upcoming service needs.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Performed daily system monitoring of e-mail, web, and network services.
- Oversaw the installation of new file servers, switches, routers, and wireless access points.
- Managed team of ten technicians to ensure all requests for service were resolved within one hour.
- Authored an article entitled “VLAN Security” which was published in a monthly industry journal.
- Assisted in the planning and coordination of network outages during two major office moves.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Increased operating efficiency through the development of an automated monitoring system.
- Enhanced network speed and performance by creating redundant pathways to critical customer servers.
- Coordinated the installation of computer networks for fifteen branch locations, resulting in reduced maintenance overhead.
- Spearheaded problem resolution taskforce that successfully ensured sub-second response time during server failure events.
- Identified opportunities for process improvement by conducting statistical analyses on reported outages and service requests over a 90 day period.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Supported, planned, and managed operation of all aspects of computer usage within organizational units.
- Supervised installation of primary Windows XP desktop software on over 200 computers in telecommunications company; recognized for guidance with documented clear instructions that saved $10,000 by preventing unnecessary support calls.
- Identified opportunities to provide enhanced services after completing training on Cisco network systems.
- Provided consistent feedback on customer service excellence through daily reports of ongoing results from Help Desk Operations Center for management review.
- Led team effectively to reduce percentage of phone assistance requests by 90% while increasing personal assistance by 33%; recognized for establishing global quality standards that ensured satisfaction among customers during peak periods.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Increased web site traffic by 30% during first year of management.
- Recognized for swift elimination of problems, responding to issues within 5 minutes on average during peak call periods.
- Provided sustained growth in shareholder value through exceptional performance in all financial measures while achieving double-digit growth in revenue and earnings per share.
- Achieved leadership status at company conference after spearheading monthly “Town Hall” meetings with leaders from throughout the corporation.
- Spearheaded efforts to expand into new international markets, adding 6 countries to total 32 countries that are served by company’s network within 6 months.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed a team of six data analysts in maintaining the security, integrity, and availability of key financial systems.
- Had first hand responsibility for sole administrative authority over all company payable/receivable transactions.
- Initiated new procedures to reduce the time to reconcile accounts by 50%; recognized by leadership as a result.
- Introduced new automation integrating Forte Financials with Oracle Financials software; reduced data entry errors by 78% .
- Served as point person to resolve account issues between company and vendors; received numerous personal thank you notes from clients for excellence in service.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 10
- Successfully installed a high speed fiber optic network for a multi-building campus upgrade.
- Received recognition from the Director of Information Systems for successfully handling the installation of servers and other hardware equipment to support a Quarter 1 rollout of new server applications.
- Presented an educational session on network security to upper management; established myself as knowledgeable in this area with valuable insights into current trends and challenges faced by the company.
- Answered telecommunication inquiries from internal users; quickly identified problem(s) and provided solution(s).
- Created documentation to ensure ease in future troubleshooting efforts; gained respect and appreciation from all members of my department.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 11
- Facilitated the process of systems design, implementation, and integration as the primary network management.
- Created a new self-documentation system to ensure awareness of IT processes and adherence to IT standards.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction ratings by implementing an automated status e-mail system that permitted customers to track their service requests online.
- Oversaw a PERT Team for a month in a full-scale emergency restoration project after Hurricane Frances caused severe damage to a data center’s infrastructure.
- Initiated efforts resulting in improved performance metrics including enhanced customer support times within two hours during weekdays and 1 hour on weekends; recognized by Executive Committee.
Network Operations Manager Resume Sample 12
- Recognized for excellence in leadership, team building, project management and client relations by executives during annual review.
- Implemented new process protocols to improve response time and customer satisfaction; recognized with departmental award.
- Assisted executive staff in transition of company from start-up to multi-national corporation ready for acquisition.
- Provided vital input into company’s business analysis that led to an increase in revenue of $20 million per year. Recognized as “Employee of the Month” three months consecutively.
- Spearheaded crisis management plan during system outage where 99% of network was down for 9 hours due to weather; incident received international news coverage.
To become a network operations manager, at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science is required. A network operations manager must be technologically savvy, must keep current with technology trends, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent communication skills, must be analytical, must have excellent interpersonal skills, and must be creative.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.