Mail Clerks work in company mailrooms to sort incoming mail, prepare packages for shipping, and ensure that mail is delivered to intended recipients. Duties include accepting mail from the United States Postal Service and other package carriers, sorting mail, distributing mail to individual boxes, inspecting packages for damage, completing data entry tasks, and operating mail machine equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mail Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mail Clerk resumes for your reference.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Conveyed and distributed hundreds of pieces of mail throughout daily work schedule.
- Performed on-going mail distribution, sorting, and processing tasks within a timely manner.
- Achieved outstanding quality performance ratings; demonstrated an accurate, systematic method for handling correspondence.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in jobs requiring extreme precision with accuracy and speed. Demonstrated ability to organize tasks within a time frame of under any given number of hours.
- Received outstanding quality performance award; accurately processed large quantities of outgoing letters, packets, catalogs, folders and envelopes in a timely manner.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Admitted listing mailings by answering the door, using a syringe, and stuffing mailings into the cash drawer. Maintained accounts receivable records in a computerized system.
- Assisted a CNC machine operator with safety glasses, ear protection, and spindle guards.
- Replaced duplicate keys for a top-floor tenant.
- Managed the inventory of over 700 used clothing items; reconditioned formal wear, seasonal dresses, work clothes and toys for resale.
- Trained new employees to comply with quality service standards; led participation in customer surveys to identify customer needs.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated ability to continuously count and organize packages of mail by office codes while maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Facilitated the efficient operation of a mailroom system by managing and maintaining a schedule that competently coordinated delivery times with USPS guidelines, which permitted correspondence to be early dispatched.
- Promoted company culture by supporting sales initiatives for 500 daily walk-in customers through immediate distribution of merchandise as requested.
- Inventoried and maintained supplies for company; recognized for exceptional performance when inventory was significantly decreased after successfully identifying duplicate stock.
- Promoted efficiency and productivity within the department by establishing communication between employees; recognized as a positive role model.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Closed out over 80,000 checks per month.
- Introduced and implemented new tracking procedures for “Special Services” to ensure quality of work performed was consistent with established standards.
- Successfully completed purchase of a computer system for the department, which enabled the department to process each and every claim in an efficient and timely manner; recognized by co-workers as the number 1 mail clerk in this city.
- Received recognition for exemplary mail handling skills; prepared 128 envelopes daily amidst over 7,000 envelopes needing preparation at a time without any mistakes or delays.
- Received outstanding performance award; processed 10,000 labels monthly while maintaining accuracy in employee files.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Recognized for both quality of work and integrity with an exceptional letter quality rating.
- Demonstrated solid organizational skills with excellent accuracy, promptness, and attention to detail.
- Adhered to strict filing procedures for the mail room’s catalog filing system.
- Handled over 50,000 pieces of incoming mail per week as a mail clerk.
- Accomplished over 5,000 hours of overtime per year during two consecutive years while handling the highest volume of items in the office at any time during the day.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Processed mailings and distributed incoming mail to appropriate locations.
- Processed outgoing mail as it was received.
- Organized, read, and keyed invoices, vouchers, applications, and other correspondence.
- Helped maintain the day-to-day operations of the department by assisting with administrative assistance for the four offices within the organization.
- Obeyed all safety, security, and sanitation policies by performing mail pickup, delivery and maintenance.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Read and filed mail within 6 minutes; resolved mail-related issues within 36 hours.
- Adhered to all policies, procedures, and time-frame requirements of the organization as a Team Leader.
- Recognized for exceptional productivity by supervisor; maintained an A rating for customer service performance on an annual evaluation report.
- Accomplished quality work results in a timely manner; achieved Communications Manager approval rating from customer service review committee.
- Received outstanding performance award; conducted sentralized employee communication training for team members.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Completed 2,000 mail pieceings in a timely manner; motivated co-workers by displaying leadership skills.
- Completed individualized projects at the requests of management, i.e., monthly sales and volume reports of each Post Office to support County Manager’s objectives.
- Increased revenue by recommending new postal services to all customers; directed customers to appropriate office locations based on proximity and convenience.
- Effectively managed the creation and maintenance of over 1,500 employee records; proactively assisted Postmaster with daily operations.
- Efficiently generated detailed correspondence for customer inquiries; ably edited over 10,000 forms per month as needed.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Introduced and trained new staff members to the functions of the mail sorting department before they were certified.
- Maintained a good work ethic by keeping an organized, presentable appearance, and having excellent time management.
- Trained others in new ways, leading to an efficient and productive office environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction by never correcting mistakes made by customers; always seeking out opportunities to provide superior customer service.
- Assessed the skill and interest of all new employees to determine their involvement in training, development, and future job requirements. Notable due to exceptional interpersonal skills while working with students as a coach at a high school.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Efficiently operated large modern mail processing systems.
- Accurately processed program, payroll, and general mail orders in accordance with company procedures.
- Followed company policy, as well as Federal and State Postal laws.
- Did not accept personal checks from public; gave private customers an opportunity to pay by credit card or cashier’s check.
- Recognized for providing valuable service to the company by process of inclusion in the ‘in-house’ recipient list for important items such as Company Newsletter.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Busied myself with the tasks associated with the mailroom, distributing mail to designated areas, researching and filling out forms related to the post office, and pre-screening applicants.
- Created new outgoing mailboxes within 24 hours of receiving mail requests for new addresses.
- Read, filled out and sent clearances for all incoming applications for new addresses.
- Wrote clearances for many outbound mass mailing lists unique to the Post Office; completed all forms in a timely manner.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively prioritized multiple requests.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Processed mail for office and collected cash for multiple mailrooms.
- Processed monthly payroll, billing and invoicing, and processed checks.
- Wrote and filed correspondence, compiled data for department report, and maintained office clutter-free.
- Met the requirements by completing an on-line test assessing knowledge of the United States Postal System’s guidelines for professional knowledge.
- Handled the workload requirements to handle a full shift with no overtime pay per work schedule given by management.
Mail Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Friendly and courteous, accurately performed clerical duties for a staff of more than 80.
- Accurately completed mail ordering procedures for over 1500 letters each day.
- Awarded excellence in customer service through customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan; received award recognition from the company overall.
- Were recognized by the White House as one of three recipients of the United States Presidential Award for their standard-setting achievement in customer service.
To be a Mail Clerk, you need a high school diploma or GED and the ability to stand and lift up to 40 lbs. Desired skills include the ability to work independently, customer service skills (including answering telephones), and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.