The factory supervisor oversees production work flow and staff. Responsibilities include recruiting and training employees, monitoring steps of the manufacturing process, completing production plans, ensuring the equipment is in good working condition, resolving problems among personnel, and enforces organization standards.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Factory Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Factory Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Supervised over 60 employees in the high-density injection molding of components for electronics and medical device companies.
- Organized and implemented company-wide quality assurance programs.
- Developed a new process for production to increase efficiency, reduce leadtimes, and eliminate defects, saving time and money.
- Trained employees to achieve, maintain, and exceed productivity goals.
- Increased output through careful planning of schedules; eliminated hesitations and manual assembly by robotic machinery. The company was appreciative of this unique employee development program. The supervisor has been awarded an excellent performance pay raise based on her outstanding performance as a supervisor.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Maintained productivity with a production team schedule of 14 rotating shifts; coordinated the workflow of 40 employees.
- Trained, managed, and disciplined employees through effective performance standards and procedures.
- Promoted teamwork among employees by sharing customer focus, effectively employing resources to improve customer satisfaction.
- Increased profits for the company by streamlining production processes and effectively applying lean manufacturing techniques.
- Proactively created opportunities for identifying, troubleshooting, and solving problems in production processes to reduce waste.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Increased hourly production by 20% in the first month of employment through improved quality assurance, employee education, and awareness of safety policies.
- Led campaign to plant trees to increase company’s carbon dioxide absorption by 14,000 in just one year.
- Reduced scrap rate by 8% annually after realizing that when production runs short and makes scrap items on the line, it contaminates the line and negatively impacts other products. This approach increased production 23% with only 4% more labor than the previous year’s budget.
- Devised a plan for facilities management that saved $8 million by reducing waste water treatment cost by 40%.
- Installed air conditioning in two buildings that were previously without it. This facility saved the company about $4 million in energy costs for new machines and labor.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Supervised one shift of hourly employees in manufacturing. Instilled a safe and healthy work environment through fumigation, safety awareness training, health inspections, and other legal responsibilities.
- Coordinated six teams of hourly employees to complete 14 different tasks on a daily basis; certified ten workers for OSHA compliance and emergency responder awareness.
- Coordinated with quality control teams to improve the speed and accuracy of the manufacturing line; certified ten workers in production equipment failures by training processes; certified fourteen team members in OSHA requirements by implementing an effective safety program.
- Reviewed all final reports and product specifications for legality and quality standards; installed improvements to prevent product shortages.
- Taught hourly employees standard and special techniques required to complete tasks, improve quality, and decrease product shortages.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Supervised 35 employees; recognized as a “Captain of Production” (CEO of the month) for first quarter productivity advancement.
- Developed cost and statistical analyses to improve manufacturing efficiency and profitability; established an internal workshop setup to reduce machine downtime.
- Initiated an innovative production plan designed to increase company profits by 85%.
- Recognized by management as an outstanding supervisor in the quality of work, safety record, and overall job performance.
- Proved my ability to be flexible in a growth environment by managing staff and implementing improvements as necessary.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Improved overall efficiency and quality of the factory by 20% after taking charge of the factory in conjunction with a complete redesign; earned appreciation as a manager with an eye for detail and a passion for perfection.
- Negotiated for new contracts with three business partners; successfully managed negotiations.
- Received award for outstanding teamwork as part of crisis-solving team that resolved production stoppages from natural disasters without disrupting business continuity.
- Earned recognition award for receiving consistently positive feedback from subordinates relating to management by example, fairness, and flexibility.
- Displayed leadership by being proactive in establishing a positive work environment, listening to concerns, and solving problems.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Led twenty full-time and part-time employees to produce over 1,500 units per shift.
- Directed toward meeting company’s goals and objectives while maintaining site safety standards.
- Effectively mentored up to 100 employees through progressive stages of career development.
- Established friendships and mentoring relationships with the manufacturing industry via community service projects and educational seminars.
- Recognized as the Company’s “Best Employer” at three consecutive years; annually selected for our best “Employee” award.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised and managed apprentices for one of the largest manufacturers in the country.
- Recognized for exceptional customer service, trustworthiness, and integrity.
- Awarded for special achievement for outstanding performance of job requirements and supervisory responsibilities.
- Honored by the president for the exceptional work performance of a specific job requirement.
- Mentioned in company newsletter as “Best Plant Employee” and “Employee of the Month.”
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Effectively supervised 12-20 workers in a factory that produced office furniture while ensuring quality and quantity in work.
- Trained workers to technologically advanced assembly methods, process improvements, and product innovations at a rate of productivity that outpaced industry standards by 20% more per hour.
- Earned recognition as “Employee of the Month” for exceeding production quotas one month after being promoted to Supervisor.
- Presented innovative ideas for improving products and processes resulting in increased market share for the company.
- Established a new product line and design team that improved the profitability of the contract manufacturing group by 30%.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Decreased coolant levels by 15% per week through control of humidity, air intake temperature, and air blast temperature to optimize production.
- Ensured employees attended mandatory safety meetings and worked in safe working environment.
- Participated in product improvement programs, unit cost reduction plans, energy conservation plans and joint supplier’s quality departments.
- Maintained daily records of production time and material usage to ensure compliance with all company standards.
- Out-performed performance expectations on monthly sales reports by 25% and managed to increase revenue by 35%.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Recommended and implemented the implementation of a new quality assurance program at the job site.
- Managed multiple individuals in various departments who performed at high levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervised a team of approximately 40 employees, including ten managers who worked out of one building, to achieve production goals through proper planning and execution of programs.
- Developed and maintained positive working relationships with all employees by establishing open lines of communication in all areas.
- Promoted employee morale by providing positive feedback on job performance and setting examples for others to follow demonstrating my ability to motivate people to do their best work.
Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Hired and trained six factory associates.
- Managed production line to meet or exceed company’s standards for quality, quantity, and delivery date.
- Reinforced a safe work environment by maintaining safety record of zero injuries in three consecutive years.
- Developed robotic adaptation of current assembly line to increase productivity and decrease scrap rate; adapted to new robotic product line several months ahead of schedule.
- Appointed Vice President of Employee Enlightenment Committee after initiating variety of motivational programs such as team building activities and award ceremonies.
A high school diploma is usually adequate, with a degree in energy or a relevant field being advantageous. Proficiency in MS Office, proven managerial experience, expertise in relevant machinery, organizational skills, leadership abilities, a knack for problem-solving and good communication skills are important to have.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Factory Supervisor Resume Samples
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Factory Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up