Landscape designers plan and construct outdoor areas to make them look aesthetically pleasing. Duties of a landscape designer include drawing out ideas, presenting final plans, calculating material costs, understanding the environmental impact, setting up appointments, and marketing services offered.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Landscape Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Landscape Designer resumes for your reference.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 1
- Constructed outdoor seating, outdoor kitchens, patios, and walls of glass.
- Designed landscape displays, while choosing colors, textures, and shapes.
- Created unique garden designs that were combined with unusual materials such as concrete or recycled materials.
- Developed a system for creating containers to fit existing plants and flowers.
- Learned to use concrete to create different patios, decks and walls of glass in standard sizes.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 2
- Designed and installed residential outdoor living spaces; improved the physical, visual, and financial value of each residence.
- Created portfolio for future consultation; gained experience in design principles, including line, shape, color, texture and space.
- Restored natural beauty of landscapes by creating home gardens that were rich with indigenous plants.
- Reduced maintenance costs through innovative use of native flora to create self-sustaining plantings that required no irrigation or pesticides.
- Estimated time schedules to complete projects; scheduled multiple crews to work in a timely manner on large-scale landscape installations.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 3
- Designed, marketed, and supervised the installation of façade, interior, and exterior landscapes for numerous businesses, government buildings and residences.
- Conceived, directed the construction of several private residential landscapes utilizing simulated Arabian Desert foliage in proximity to the ocean.
- Successfully completed construction on homes with steep hillsides without retaining walls by designing stone ‘V’ foundations that were functional as well as ornamental.
- Expertly evaluated building sites for utility systems by using architectural software to determine available conduits for power lines, phone lines, cable TV lines and internet cable connections.
- Routinely designed border plantings in conjunction with large scale projects to create harmony between the architecture and landscape.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 4
- Trained individuals to maintain open, clean and tidy landscapes.
- Developed skill in working with craft materials such as wood and stone.
- Developed working knowledge of water features and pool lighting systems.
- Assisted in the development of a landscaping business valued at over $10,000 through marketing and sales pursuits that included event management, event planning and advertising.
- Provided assistance with lawn maintenance packages for residential clients via an internet-based point of sale system for home owners to maintain lawns for a profit.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 5
- Designed and executed a 5,000 square foot project including culinary plantings, walkways, and grounds.
- Collaborated with existing designers to deliver projects to meet clients’ expectations.
- Designed four hundred annual plant varieties as part of a garden program at the local Botanical Gardens.
- Educated others in the maintenance of their own gardens.
- Designed and implemented a 6,000 square foot landscape project.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 6
- Established grounds for office and/or retail space.
- Designed custom landscape elements, including hand-made waterfalls, ponds, walkways, pergolas, and fire pits.
- Treated over 10 acres of landscape patients weekly to achieve an overall balance of the aesthetically pleasing.
- Received award for outstanding customer service by an employee.
- Established relationships with other businesses in the area to gain additional business opportunities.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 7
- Collaborated with architects, engineers, and contractors to plan, design, and install outdoor architectural elements.
- Designed landscaping for public spaces in several upscale housing complexes in the Chicagoland area.
- Wrote articles for Contemporary Gardens magazine (holiday column).
- Holds two recurring speaking engagements a year at festivals.
- Appeared on television shows such as Good Day Chicago to share design ideas pertaining to landscape architecture.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 8
- Coordinated and performed landscape design for hospital, university, and commercial properties to maximize the aesthetic appeal of surrounding grounds.
- Effectively analyzed the appeal of home landscapes for potential to increase property values.
- Created or contributed to the design of more than five hundred residential and commercial landscapes in a four-state region.
- Wrote several articles for professional publication on innovative usage of plants; featured in two local weekly newspapers as a result.
- Won award at national conference for landscaping with natural materials such as gravel, cedar chips, river rock, wild flowers etc…; featured in “Backyard USA Magazine”.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 9
- Received award for outstanding design of a park and shelter in the Washington, D.C. Metro area that was awarded red carpet treatment by local station WJLA-TV; inspired many to create more beautiful spaces on their properties.
- Designed and built gardens in three different states: Massachusetts, Virginia, and Florida.
- Encouraged revival of extinct wildlife species with plants that eat insects and parasites; designed extensive habitats within Miami Zoo’s Bird House exhibit; responsible for over 200 species of birds achieving flight performance.
- Won “Best of Show” at international juried-exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada; received awards for design of community gardens in Washington, D.C., Baltimore and New York City.
- Developed creative communications campaign to popularize concept of “Gardening with the Stars”; employed international media outreach to achieve aggressive goal for hiring top experts for Florida project.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 10
- Projected, revised, and reconfigured landscape designs for architect and contractor.
- Prepared detailed map plots, landscaping plans, and sketches of approved plans.
- Landscape construction work included installation of commercial grade irrigation system, mulching around plants and trees, planting over 100 trees in residential settings.
- Fabricated lighting fixtures by hand.
- Reviewed commercial grade plants in the nursery to insure quality and consistency with specifications.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 11
- Designed, installed, and maintained gardens for clients using flowers, shrubs, trees, bulbs, and turf.
- Exhibited landscape designs for the public to experience during exhibitions at art galleries.
- Recognized as one of the top 25 professional artists in Colorado; received a permanent plaque from Governor Owens.
- Developed commercial logos and brochures for clients who needed marketing tools to represent their business identity or products.
- Co-authored books on gardening and art with a notable author; identified as selling at Barnes & Noble on Internet web site.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 12
- Designed landscape layouts using lines, forms, and textures to achieve the highest quality solutions to meet client expectations.
- Achieved award for outstanding creative design abilities; demonstrated professional perspective and flexibility in creating new designs incorporating client input.
- Contracted with companies for large-scale commercial projects that involved conceptualization, design, construction management, and installation of custom landscapes for shopping malls throughout the region.
- Produced landscape designs for several private residences throughout the region; received awards for outstanding quality work.
- Collaborated with landscapers and gardeners to produce a completely new landscape design; received appreciation awards.
Landscape Designer Resume Sample 13
- Established a reputation for beauty, creativity, and innovation.
- cultivated new client relationships in the landscaping industry.
- developed a concept for a landscape company featuring trees, flowers, and shrubbery; feature article in “The Landscape Planner” Magazine.
- Attained national recognition for excellence in design through inclusion of my design in “Architectural Digest’s” Art Auction.
- Spent months learning to draw and paint by observation of the landscape around me while growing up on Cape Cod.
To work as a landscape designer, you must have a bachelor’s degree in fields related to architecture and licensure through the Landscape Architect Registration. Landscape designers must demonstrate skills in communication, customer service, self-supervising, time management, planning, attention to detail, and basic computer design competency.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.