Marketing communications specialists develop sales and marketing materials and assist management with internal and external communications. Their duties include designing promotional material advertising a client’s products or services, promoting a client’s products or services at events or venues, writing content for their company’s website, designing multimedia ads for a client’s product or services, communicating with clients online, and networking at events or venues.
To work as a marketing communications specialist, you need a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or a similar field. Marketing communications specialists must show excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient with computers and social media, be good at making presentations, have familiarity with various types of advertising campaigns, be innovative, be dedicated to high-quality customer service, and be very creative to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Marketing Communications Specialist resumes for your reference.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Implemented and managed marketing campaigns for clients such as Verizon Wireless, Sears, the Kardashian Kollection, and Allstate Insurance.
- Introduced social media to existing client network; increasing online presence of each client fivefold within two years.
- Created hundreds of original pieces of work consisting of video, photographs, copywriting and websites that all reflect a unique and innovative vision. All content was designed to improve brand awareness and promote customer engagement across multiple channels: print, drive-time radio spots, TV commercials , digital ads on mobile devices reaching over 10M consumer impressions per month.
- Enhanced brand image; created dynamic digital campaign (Tumblr site) while producing data driven results (over 100K pageviews, 300K social media shares).
- Generated high levels of product sales through publishing a high-quality fashion and beauty blog. Developed a positive online presence to which women could relate by offering a fresh perspective on beauty, style, and fashion. Established an ongoing relationship with digital news outlets (Tumblr site).
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Developed comprehensive marketing communications campaigns for advertising campaigns to increase sales, customer awareness and brand loyalty.
- Conceived new methods of implementation for social media outreach including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts etc. for marketing department.
- Assisted in the implementation of promotional events at bars, restaurants, retail outlets, hotels & other venues.
- Promoted different forms of media relations through marketing strategy by writing press releases to promote all aspects of the marketing plan across multiple channels.
- Utilized skills with Adobe Photoshop CS6+ to create professional layout designs using HTML/CSS code formats on Dreamweaver CS5+.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Launched a new product in the market with the help of marketing and PR campaigns. Worked closely with media outlets to coordinate and schedule interviews.
- Called by company president as “the best employee we’ve ever had.”
- Strengthened professional network through professional associations, career seminars, and mentorship programs.
- Spearheaded an online social networking presence for several brands establishing them as leading figures in their fields.
- Contributed by positively representing brand values using excellence in public speaking, writing, digital media design, visual communication, and sales effectiveness.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Ensured all global marketing activities, including advertising and public relations initiatives, were successfully implemented.
- Achieved the highest sales record of any professional in my division for 3 years running.
- Adapted to a rapidly changing environment by establishing new models and process related to product development and customer acquisition.
- Guided company’s re-branding efforts by developing strategy, designing materials and executing effective promotional campaign.
- Increased leads by 20% with high-performing lead generation program; recognized and rewarded by the CEO with a $30K bonus. (Bonus added at No 5)
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Improved company exposure by 300% through digital marketing, utilizing Facebook advertising as a method of targeting the largest audience.
- Invented new techniques for exposure, including public relations and social media marketing strategies that resulted in an increase in clientele from 15 to 60 overnight.
- Gained exposure as Sales Associate of the Year; responsible for generating sales and executing promotions.
- Biggest accomplishment was devised and executed three months worth of sales, resulting in $835K revenue, all while working with a team of 7 people.
- Substantially increased profits over 200% at my previous position; recognized by management and Board of Directors for outstanding performance.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Helped execute successful marketing campaigns for five product lines, including brand launch and annual reports, resulting in an increase of revenue by $7M.
- Positioned the company as a leader in all aspects of marketing by implementing new promotional initiatives that vastly improved brand recognition & achieved record market share levels.
- Pioneered the idea of integrating digital media with traditional direct-marketing methods, resulting in an increase of ROI by $12M and total revenue above $80M for the first time ever.
- Explored alternative ways to engage consumers such as live events, accumulating over 100 million impressions online for key clients including Dove & Allstate.
- Created original event concepts that served as launching pads for major brands and personally launched 18 events to positive response from both public and press alike, reaching over 5k attendees and generating more than $15M in revenues.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Developed, planned, and implemented PR and social media campaigns for clients including Cisco and Qualcomm.
- Improved company’s advertising presence by developing numerous award-winning ad campaigns. The most recent campaign won Gold at the London International Awards.
- Implemented an online marketing campaign which yielded a record number of 1 million views generating $30k in revenue.
- Collaborated with internal teams to convey brand messages across multiple channels through digital, print, out-of-home, experiential events and more.
- Gained experience working on various accounts such as PepsiCo along with entertainment companies like Disney & Nickelodeon providing key messaging support across all departments for various initiatives throughout the company.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Developed a variety of promotional products for World Market Center including but not limited to apparel, bags, key chains, umbrellas and water bottles.
- Coordinated with internal departments and external vendors for fulfillment of event requirements.
- Created advertising plans that promoted new product development from concept through positioning, design, production and launch into the marketplace.
- Reviewed telephone/e-mail research results as to effectiveness of campaigns as well as interpreting data points as it related to customer trends/requests/problems.
- Recognized among sales team for exceptional performance in increasing sales by 10%.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Tracked daily ad performance at a leading consumer-product company, analyzing market trends and production costs.
- Authored weekly articles for print publication with a circulation of 10,000+, reaching the interests of an affluent audience.
- Responsible for managing celebrity blogger to create original content that met all client objectives. Earned recognition from management team as an outstanding contributor in the agency’s weekly awards session.
- Improved company rankings from #14 to #6 by developing a public relations strategy that captured media attention and positioned brand as a thrill-seeking destination.
- Ranked one of America’s largest PR firms (#9) by generating awareness for clients through traditional and digital platforms.
Marketing Communications Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Authored viral marketing strategy and led implementation of the campaign to increase company’s Facebook fans by over 50% in one month.
- Pioneered new products and services, including the development of a successful radio advertising campaign that increased sales by over 15%.
- Increased revenue 25% through innovative marketing strategies that raised brand awareness to unprecedented levels.
- Executed integrated social media campaign for non-profit organization resulting in website traffic more than doubling within one week.
- Led social media efforts during 2012 Olympics resulting in social shares surpassing 9 million, while raising fan page likes to 200,000+.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.