An IT Instructor works to ensure students or employees understand basic information technology. Their duties include identifying educational needs and gaps, designing educational material to develop IT skills, ensuring access to basic computer training, performing regular assessments testing proficiency, creating technical manuals with simple language, researching and recommend various learning systems, as well as conducting role-specific training on tools and programs.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Instructor resumes for your reference.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Presented IT instruction to hundreds of students in classroom environment to provide practical skills for use in today’s business world.
- Wrote courseware for upper-level college classes, teaching students topics such as PC troubleshooting, using network operating systems, and security fundamentals.
- Developed SCORM tests courses that were completed by students online; assisted accountability and provided training records upon request.
- Saved the company $500 per person during 5 years of working on a contract position performing server administration tasks remotely.
- Increased operations productivity and reduced downtime by 20 percent through proactive monitoring and maintenance during two years as Senior Technical Support Specialist.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Trained and certified new hires at the department on Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Office products, email client integration with Exchange Server, etc.
- Provided effective customer service, guidance, and problem resolution for the department’s computer users; recognized by supervisor as an invaluable member of the team.
- Presented training to small groups including advanced security concepts; also presented advanced management discussion topics at technology conferences.
- Developed instructional material for all courses taught; upgraded original course materials with current hardware and software advancements.
- Received North American Technician Excellence Award (NATE) certification for demonstrated skills in IT support through testing and assessment of knowledge and skills related to personal computer systems.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Provided instruction in the fields of PC assembly, configuration, and repairs; expanded students’ knowledge regarding hard drive management, Windows XP updates, virus removal, and network administration.
- Conducted training seminars for staff members on software applications including Google Docs and Gmail.
- Collaborated with other IT professionals to facilitate workflow efficiency through proper utilization of collaboration tools; identified common issues that inhibit progress towards project completion.
- Outsourced systems equipment to meet demands of growing college campus; implemented best practices for purchasing documentation across campus to conserve funds while maintaining productivity standards.
- Managed student workers to complete routine maintenance tasks such as building cable connections; provided guidelines for students working in various computer labs to encourage proper assistance of customers.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Trained students in diverse IT programs, including information management, security, and network design.
- Introduced four new programs with the aid of online tutorials to increase competitiveness among students during their final semester.
- Designed a course that enhanced student learning by providing a greater understanding of the materials taught. This has increased achievement scores by 13%.
- Provided technical support for over 1,000 laptop users via telephone and e-mail within an average response time of 30 minutes.
- Implemented a two-hours filtered internet usage policy after recognizing excessive internet usage was preventing productivity in studies and work habits. This measure has been successful in improving concentration since its inception.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Converted complex information into simple, effective course material for students to use in testing and certification programs.
- Designed training programs, presented content at conferences, represented the company on various committees.
- Introduced Efficient Enterprise Solutions during presentations to Fortune 500 companies.
- Educated clients on properties of Cisco networking devices to ensure optimum performance for global networking solutions.
- Showcased team leadership abilities while conducting project management initiatives across multiple disciplines within the government contracting industry.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Demonstrated strong ability to teach and instruct students in technical subjects.
- Mentored, advised, and instructed seven students to successfully complete Final Cut Pro certification training program.
- Guided learners through an e-commerce certification course, increasing students’ knowledge by 300%.
- Taught operating system tutorials to help students master Microsoft Windows 7/8/10.
- Provided work-related experience for two co-op interns who graduated with honors.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Prepared students for Microsoft certification exams by providing an intense lab preparation and hands-on experience.
- Distinguished career as a networking instructor with emphasis on best practices, installation and configuration of Cisco routers and switches, TCP/IP addressing and subnetting.
- Collaborated with other faculty members to introduce new course materials; developed unprecedented learning methods utilizing virtual labs and Cisco equipment coupled with live instruction.
- Facilitated student success through technical support in various computer infrastructure areas such as operating systems (Windows Server 2003, Windows Professional), virtualization (VMWare ESXi & VMware Workstation) plus network hardware including servers (Dell Poweredge 2900), switches (Cisco Catalyst 2900), and wireless (Cisco Aironet 350 Series).
- Realized extensive system administration skills while overseeing faculty, staff, and student desktops, laptops, and printing needs.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Trained four students to use software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SPSS.
- Mentored productivity, focusing on independent task completion; developed engaging teaching practices for lectures and workshops.
- Facilitated CPR certification during orientation sessions; according to employees, presentation skills were organized and clear.
- Implemented effective management of time around heavy workloads; stayed ahead of schedule while balancing multiple projects.
- Co-authored publication on Teaching International Business English in Higher Education ; article emphasizes instructor’s experience with business language instruction.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Provided technical and analytical expertise to improve client hardware and software products.
- Adept at maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction, ensuring 100% client satisfaction on all projects.
- Implemented a strategy that reduced business process time by 90%.
- Identified opportunities within an evolving organization and large industry with high-volume but low-profitability turnaround services.
- Team up with strategic partners to achieve corporate performance targets, increase market share and gain entry into new markets while reducing costs and maximizing profitability.
IT Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Grew student memberships by 50% within 4 months of joining an association that supports IT education for youth.
- Collaborated on projects with Library branches to provide youth group access to computer technology.
- Promoted free academic, wireless internet access within the city of St. Paul through collaboration with the St.Paul Public Library system and St. Paul’s Department of Planning and Economic Development.
- Restored a damaged data center for a Fortune 500 company resulting in increased capacity from 2000GB to 3000GB through migration from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Group Policy infrastructure implementation, Active Directory clean-up and optimization, Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2010 upgrade migration, Active Directory integration services installation and support, Cisco Catalyst Layer 3 switches installation and support, network cable management including rearrangement of physical cables within racks using Cable Management Arm installation, and rack cooling optimization of 3-phase power supply units using electronic temperature sensors.
- Formulated IT assessment report on business software use that resulted in cost savings to the company by reducing over 50% of inactive accounts on their Microsoft Office 365 platform.
To work as an IT instructor, you need a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field with previous work experience in a technical role. IT Instructors should demonstrate a deep understanding of computer security guidelines, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, strong public speaking skills, and knowledge of hardware/software and computer networks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Instructor Resume Samples
- Wrap Up