A Spanish translator translates English to Spanish and Spanish to English. A Spanish translator’s duties include meeting with clients, collecting information, keeping accuracy during translation, abiding by work schedules, promoting services, and finding new translation jobs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Spanish Translator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Spanish Translator resumes for your reference.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 1
- Assembled packets of Spanish documents (deeds, contracts, etc.) for translation.
- Translated Spanish documents into English; reviewed translations to ensure accuracy.
- Certified translations; prepared packets for filing records with the County Recorder’s Office.
- Received award for saving office time and effort by successfully completing each assignment in less than 5 hours.
- Selected as Quality Control Monitor; verified division-wide translation accuracy.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 2
- Translated from English to Spanish for board meeting minutes and staff reports.
- Accomplished more than 400 hours of volunteer work in the community.
- Recognized by the supervisor for exceptional customer service while taking on a heavy workload while still maintaining a high level of performance.
- Thoroughly prepared and presented bank data, especially financial data, while overcoming challenges regarding language barriers and the need to stay on schedule.
- Received excellent performance award; successfully translated bank documents into Spanish.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 3
- Translated loan closing instructions and translated loan application instructions for Spanish-speaking foreign nationals.
- Updated company forms such as agreements, correspondence, and contracts.
- Corrected Spanish speakers’ grammar and spelling errors.
- Achieved award for completing a video conference session with a customer call center representative in Mexico.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively analyzed the tools used to process a loan application by a third party lender alternative lender, applied those tools to the correct database, and processed loans on time according to FHA guidelines.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 4
- Acquired basic reading skills of Spanish, French & Italian.
- Trained on use of various software, including word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Compiled data for bank financial reports.
- Translated short procedural manuals between U.S. English and Spanish into French for Bank Home Mortgage Department Manager.
- Translated between English and Spanish corporate correspondence for Home Mortgage Department Manager.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 5
- Provided translation services to department for international visitors, students, and exchange program.
- Offered bilingual services for federal grant applications and development of recruitment strategies.
- Translated important documents such as applications, plans, proposals, and correspondence.
- Collaborated with the International Trade and Investment and other offices to provide accurate translation services to international clients.
- Obtained certificate of merit for excellent service in facilitating translation services.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 6
- Translated vital administrative documents from Spanish to English.
- Performed data entry of the database, including correcting errors.
- Received Outstanding Award for assignment completion in a timely manner.
- Gained trust and respect of non-English speaking personnel, which led to repeat work with various departments.
- Used excellent grammar skills; completed 100% accuracy on all projects.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 7
- Translated documents for attorneys, insurance companies, title companies, lenders, and employees.
- Updated work instructions on all Spanish-speaking clients’ closings per bank’s guidelines; ensured all documentation was completed and included the correct signatures.
- Handled Spanish-speaking clients’ loan closings and coordinated with realtors and attorneys as needed.
- Awarded for exceptional Customer Service; ensured complete information was conveyed to customers in a timely manner.
- Handled Spanish-speaking clients’ loan closings; managed overall transaction situations as needed.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 8
- Performed complex translation of commercial correspondence, marketing material, and trade agreements between Japanese and English; trained colleagues.
- Directed staff to respond to customer requests quickly and accurately; received the award for outstanding performance.
- Received award for outstanding quality; ability to detect foreign language errors in documents resulted in positive impact on company’s revenue stream.
- Achieved Employee of the Month Award; provided guidance and assistance to co-workers during peak periods.
- Resolved customer issues and concerns quickly and efficiently; recognized by Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 9
- Created an online database for doctors and clinics where they could order medical products and services.
- Assisted in gathering statistical data regarding medical product sales nationwide.
- Translated Spanish documents relating to patient referrals from Spanish to English for all physicians within a 300-mile radius.
- Handled confidential papers from physicians to be filed or shredded in a timely manner after review or translation.
- Handled phone calls from patients seeking medical attention, evaluated the situation, and referred them to a doctor or clinic if necessary. The patient was always satisfied with the outcome.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 10
- Established and maintained strong working relationships with colleagues and vendors.
- Maintained professional and polite behavior.
- Frequently completed and submitted routine tasks in a timely manner.
- Enthusiastically contributed to company project – successfully negotiated Spanish translation of company documentation during the challenging budget environment.
- Communicated well in English, Spanish, and other languages; successfully managed project resources to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards for documents produced.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 11
- Translated correspondence between U.S. and Spanish clients; edited website content to meet requirements of Spanish-speaking customers.
- Attended and presented at the National Translator’s conference and earned a Certificate of Participation for achieving high achievement in customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Communicated effectively with customers whose primary language was not English via email, phone, and website communications; aided in customer satisfaction by providing access to materials in two languages.
- Managed the translation of all new products into Spanish; recognized by peers as a preferred contact for translation services throughout the organization.
- Translated software training materials into Spanish for global support to ensure customer support was consistent with software services.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 12
- Translated several Spanish advertisements into English; participated in drafting standardized correspondence to customers.
- Hand-wrote foreign language reports; supervised clerical work.
- Hand-wrote accurate, well-organized correspondence to customers; assisted with customer surveys.
- Analyzed data regarding loan applications; coached other staff members regarding loan processes and procedures.
- Created effective analyses of business data for numerous GCRs in order to determine market conditions, revenues, employee benefits, and employee salaries.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 13
- Provided accurate translations of correspondence (on paper and electronic) between all levels of staff, customers, and vendors.
- Analyzed financial data to determine the proper translation of product names for specific markets.
- Assisted in the coordination of product shipments between all countries.
- Maintained Spanish-English translation contact lists for use by company staff.
- Prepared reports on market activity based on analysis of internal data.
Spanish Translator Resume Sample 14
- Translated correspondence from Spanish to English and vice versa in a timely manner.
- Received excellent performance review from the Regional Manager who observed that I handled a call from a customer with a broken fax machine in less than 30 seconds.
- Handled a complaint from a customer who was having difficulty with their billing statement, and I successfully resolved the issue in less than 30 minutes.
- Handled several complaints from customers about correspondence that was translated incorrectly, and was able to provide solutions to all of their concerns.
- Recognized for excellence by management for providing numerous suggestions to improve services; implemented changes based on feedback at the next staff meeting.
To become a Spanish translator, a bachelor’s degree in linguistics or a related field is required, in addition to a Spanish Interpreter Certification. A Spanish translator must be fluent in Spanish and English, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must detail-oriented, must be adaptable, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to work independently.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.