Divers use scuba gear to inspect and maintain equipment and structures below water. Their duties include installing and removing equipment, ensuring work areas comply with safety procedures, repairing structures such as ships or bridge foundations, recovering objects, performing tests to assess conditions of structures and vessels, setting up dive sites for recreational use.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Diver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Diver resumes for your reference.
Diver Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated over ten years of experience in scuba diving, spear fishing, snorkeling, and underwater photography.
- Trained under the U.S. Navy’s Basic Underwater Demolition/SEALS Program during service in the Marines, achieving SCUBA diving qualifications both above and below water.
- Completed company dive school with highest honors at Oceans Unlimited where I received SCUBA instructor certification for recreational dives up to 100 feet deep.
- Awarded silver medalist for competitive freediving team in National Spearfishing Championships; placed top finisher position in several other competitions throughout region.
- Earned Licensed Instructor Certification from American Red Cross in Standard First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Lifeguard Training.
Diver Resume Sample 2
- Performed as a team member on 2-person teams to complete 23 successful searches for lost recreational divers.
- Completed 568 hours of training working with an instructor, including 248 in the water.
- Earned 12 free fitness passes for reaching 3 personal goals during 6 months tracking weight loss and body fat percentage.
- Received certificate of excellence after completing 9-week open water swimming course in preparation for scuba diving certification.
- Presented 9-lecture series to children teaching them about the environment they live in, how it works, and why its protection is important.
Diver Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in installation of three 40-foot Fitness Classroom Pods, one 120-foot Commercial Residential Pod, and one 70-foot Retail Pod.
- Installed 20 additional 4’x8′ module trampolines at existing health club facilities.
- Participated in over 30 marine rescues; including the recovery of 17 bodies; recognized for exemplary performance by local police department.
- Undertook deep-water dives to depths up to 265′; certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Rescue Specialist.
- Earned Lifesaving Award; managed efforts to set policy for scuba diving business association; responsible for training scout/youth dive leaders.
Diver Resume Sample 4
- Reached assigned depths of up to 60 feet on a variety of government supplied equipment. Used specialized underwater surveillance technology to aid in submarine detection, localization, and identification.
- Dived deep into the desert from 8am – 4pm as part of an advanced training course which promoted problem-solving team building skills through a series of challenging activities that required participants to adapt quickly to difficult situations.
- Responded successfully to a water landing after safely removing passengers from the aircraft before it sank during a realistic simulation drill with large life preservers.
- Excelled at diving certification programs by completing all six stages within one year; earning certifications in Open Water Scuba Diver, Rescue Diver, and Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills while organizing and managing a successful scuba diving event for over 100 people.
Diver Resume Sample 5
- Used SCUBA gear and surface supplied air to perform underwater inspections of navigational aids.
- Identified, collected and recorded data on ocean marine life at depths up to 200 feet using advanced diving equipment such as the one-atmosphere “Deep Worker” suit.
- Managed dive team, including organizing daily operations and instructing junior divers in proper procedures; responsible for all equipment used by dive team.
- Ranked #1 out of 18 divers during annual open water competition; recognized by manager for outstanding performance and leadership abilities.
- Earned NAUI Dive Leader distinction after completing rigorous training program to meet standards of a skilled diver coach.
Diver Resume Sample 6
- Completed over 100 dives as a Technical, Cave, Wreck and Deep-Dive Diver by demonstrating outstanding skills.
- Successfully recovered over $2 million in underwater artifacts, including several historic copper plates from the late 19th century.
- Earned Open Water Dive Leader certification after leading classes of recreational divers on 30 successful dives.
- Recognized for going above and beyond the call of duty during recovery operations for three missing scuba divers; honored with a special commendation from a state senator.
- Contributed to human knowledge about marine life during nine months exploring caves systems throughout Belize, Palau, Belgium, France and Mexico.
Diver Resume Sample 7
- Salvaged a water-logged boat from ten feet of water, successfully recovering all equipment and cargo after a car accident.
- Led the rescue of two people who were caught in an undertow current off a coast, including a 15-year old child.
- Guided submarine teams to the recovery of over one hundred tons of silver bullion from an abandoned World War II era United States Navy submarine that had been scuttled thirty years before.
- Successfully completed five open water dives with minimal supervision on wrecks between 100 and 180 feet deep near Savannah, Georgia.
- Promoted as the officer most qualified for diving duties by unanimous vote during officer fitness report; recognized as one of the best divers in the Coast Guard.
Diver Resume Sample 8
- Identified, organized, and conducted scuba training for customers interested in underwater photography.
- Successfully led customer divers to depths of over 100 feet without incident during an eight hour charter with seven customers aboard the boat.
- Saw dramatic increase in sales with new specialty scuba equipment following development of marketing strategies.
- Designed a pre-adventure orientation presentation that generated more revenue after being implemented.
- Contributed to overall growth of company profits by organizing the transfer of products from distributors to customers.
Diver Resume Sample 9
- Assisted instructor in performing lead-up training to deep-water exercises by checking student’s ear, nose, and throat.
- Prepared for hazardous descents by ensuring adequate air supply via buddy checks, utilizing proper gear configuration for both scuba divers and surface supplied equipment; also maintaining pre-dive safety checks.
- Recognized for highly effective performance during rescue operations; removing an injured diver from a live boat traffic zone within five minutes of the incident.
- Acted as chief navigator during drift dives at Catalina Island; leading two other divers along ocean floor using compass directions.
- Provided expert cave diving assistance inside the Sane Islands by installing bolts on cave walls and ceiling; regulating proper air flow through squeezes and navigating around formations.
Diver Resume Sample 10
- Conducted installation, repair and maintenance on various types of equipment to ensure optimal functioning.
- Identified customer need for training by spotting inadequate lifting mechanics and suggesting weight lifting courses.
- Promoted as a result of high client satisfaction ratings after completing oil changes on customers within the designated timeframe without making errors.
- Selected as an elite member of the world-class diving team by impressing coaches with tenacity, endurance, discipline, and respect for teammates during tryouts. Awarded a scholarship to attend college from sponsored coach who recognized outstanding potentials in dynamic leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Gained experience designing dive plans through participation in an archeology project diving into waters off the coast of Virginia.
To work as a Diver, you should be certified in the use of diving equipment potentially hold additional skills for a specialized diving position: underwater construction workers must have trade skills like welding or carpentry while divers on a scientific research team often have a Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography, Physics or a related discipline. Divers should demonstrate the ability to use a variety of power and hand tools, excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills, ability to operate mechanized equipment, and great attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.