An infant toddler teacher provides education to young children to teach them basic social skills. An infant toddler teacher’s responsibilities include providing entertainment to toddlers, monitoring progress, developing group activities, updating parents on child’s progress, keeping children safe at all times, and coordinating with other teachers as necessary.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Infant Toddler Teacher resumes for your reference.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Provided care to infants and toddlers including feeding, diapering, dressing, bathing, toileting, playtime activities, bedtime routine assistance.
- Administered oral medications to students who required them while adhering to the school’s policy regarding medication administration.
- Demonstrated instructional skills in areas of physical development for children including motor planning skills such as sitting up unassisted or crawling; social development including sharing toys with peers or taking turns; language development by engaging children in conversation or initiating conversation with others at circle time.
- Prepared daily lesson plans that incorporated learning goals that were focused on diverse cultures and communities within Multnomah County.
- Responded promptly during emergency situations by removing students from the activity area and assessing the need for first aid assistance.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Developed curriculum and taught infant-toddler groups from four to six toddlers for 14 months after being hired as an OB Assistant.
- Promoted to a full-time Infant Toddler Teacher, responsible for 12 month olds with a maximum group of 18 children.
- Remained calm and cheerful under difficult circumstances while constantly attending to young children’s individual needs.
- Received appreciation award from parents for going above and beyond all expectations; created interesting theme activities such as dressing as vacationers and planning Hawaiian culture days on the beach.
- Recognized by supervisors as always assisting infants in need without complaint or needing extra support; implemented innovative teaching methods that increased attention spans, cooperation, and interaction.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Provided a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn, grow, and develop at their own pace.
- Developed a working knowledge of early childhood development through completion of infant child care coursework.
- Promoted children’s learning by using encouragement and motivation during playtime throughout the daycare center for two years.
- Collaborated with parents on positive discipline strategies while maintaining consistency in enforcing all policies and procedures.
- Trained new employees in teaching practices, health and safety standards, age-appropriate activities, behavior management techniques, conflict resolution skills, CPR/First Aid treatment protocols, reporting abuse allegations to child protection agencies, how to conduct background checks on potential employees including the use of fingerprint-based FBI and state criminal background checks, and emergency procedures.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Provided care, guidance, and support for infants ranging from 6 weeks to 18 months of age.
- Taught children the essential practices in hygiene, communication skills, literacy development, science education, art appreciation, music appreciation, sign language instruction, number skills/math concepts.
- Assessed students’ physical health status based on daily observation of self-help activities via diapering/toileting routines and determined the need for medical attention at any hour.
- Ensured all food was allergy-free; demonstrated safe feeding techniques; monitored dietary aspects and nutritional values of foods served at school by preparing fresh ingredients for specific diets.
- Collaborated with other professionals (occupational therapists, language therapists, physiotherapists) to introduce children (ages 6 weeks to 18 months) to sensory experiences that promote learning.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Worked as a lead teacher with infants, toddlers, and their families.
- Enriched development of language skills and pre-academic abilities by teaching parents and child caregivers techniques to encourage creativity and communication.
- Effectively analyzed children’s progress; assessed developmental areas needing reinforcement; prepared multidimensional lesson plans based on individualized assessment of each child.
- Energized learning through music appreciation; presented lessons to promote healthy eating habits; introduced the benefits of physical activity such as yoga and massage therapies.
- Pioneered new initiatives in homeschooling for contracted students; set up educational plan designed to meet student needs; effectively communicated with parents regarding areas of excellence and growth for their child.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Provided positive guidance and nurturing to infants and toddlers in a safe, healthy day-care environment.
- Encouraged children’s creativity and sense of self by providing developmentally appropriate learning experiences through hands-on activities.
- Preserved the intellectual, social, emotional, physical safety and well-being of children while ensuring proper health standards.
- Monitored nutritional intake for children in accordance with food allergies or other special dietary concerns.
- Collaborated with parents and staff to provide an enriching, challenging experience for all children in care.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Developed learning plans for infants and toddlers.
- Presented infant/toddler educational topics at local parenting classes to promote early childhood development.
- Promoted positive behaviors by creating bulletin boards, newsletters, songs, games, activities, and stories for children.
- Actively organized daily outings by scheduling transportation and reservations for field trips.
- Expanded teaching opportunities with curriculum development of music appreciation class for young children.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Developed a child’s ability to choose the correct word while answering riddles and puzzles, increasing vocabulary.
- Promoted independence through structured activities such as dressing, toileting, taking walks outside, and work with kitchen utensils.
- Stimulated new physical developments in crawling/walking/running coordination during floor time play sessions, encouraging physical exercise.
- Interacted with toddlers/parents by helping them identify children’s feelings through creative art projects and storytelling; encouraged self-expression.
- Enhanced parent-child relationships through daily family journal entries about personal experiences and emotions; cultivated safe environment for open dialogue.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Developed effective daily lesson plans incorporating the curriculum guide, child development force-field analysis, and child interests.
- Enhanced language skills of children through listening comprehension exercises that included memory games, storytelling activities, literature reviews, question/answer sessions, and choral speaking.
- Mentored parents on how to give their children an appropriate environment with educational tools after completing 15 hours of Beyond Basics training courses.
- Established positive personal relationships between 30 children aged 6 weeks to 3 years by implementing Creative Curriculum’s “Personal Emotional Well Being Guide” within preschool classroom setting.
- Achieved facility accreditation by adhering to state licensing requirement during state visits every three years.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Held 13 children in my care for extended periods of time; managed behavior by guiding them to appropriate activities.
- Promoted growth of children’s motor, language, and cognitive skills via daily experiences, including art projects, circle time, playtime with peers.
- Created an interactive environment for learning through planning developmentally appropriate activities designed to foster social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth.
- Effectively altered plans when necessary while using child assessment information to maintain healthy learning environments.
- Recognized by Supervisor as “an invaluable part” of the team for routinely going above and beyond the call of duty while implementing food preparation details.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Guided, helped, and encouraged children by providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- Adhered to child protection standards and guidelines as outlined by the International Nanny Association (INA) and the American Professional Agency (APA).
- Achieved high benchmark in teacher evaluations; maintained state accreditation for Infant Toddler Education coursework.
- Provided opportunities for children to demonstrate self-sufficiency, independence, responsibility, accountability, and good citizenship.
- Initiated development of individualized academic activities that supported child’s current level of learning.
Infant Toddler Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Aided children in the emotional, intellectual, social, physical, and language development stages through both care giving and educational activities.
- Improved children’s communication abilities through story telling sessions that developed language capabilities.
- Stirred newfound curiosity about the world around them during reading time with books on topics such as natural science, geography, and social sciences.
- Developed interpersonal skills by guiding groups of three-year olds through group discussions on emotions to promote self-expression.
- Showed adults how to play games with their young children for bonding purposes after leading a parenting course focused on early child development.
To become an infant toddler teacher, at least a bachelor’s in education or a related field is required, in addition to a teaching certificate. An infant toddler teacher must be empathetic, must be patient, must be understanding, must have excellent communication skills, must be excellent in dealing with toddlers, must be enthusiastic, and must have a passion for teaching.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.