An Office Secretary performs all clerical and administrative tasks necessary to help managers/executives do their jobs. Duties can include greeting visitors to the manager, transcribing dictation, typing business letters, taking calls from outside the company, arranging venues for board meetings, making hotel reservations, and making travel arrangements.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Office Secretary Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Office Secretary resumes for your reference.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 1
- Handled auditor’s visits; ensured that all records were maintained within a strict time schedule and handled requests for information and assistance.
- Processed paychecks, sales commissions, and paid bills in a timely manner; suggested systems improve office efficiency.
- Spoke before the community college board of trustees as a representative of the company; represented company at a Native American seminar, delivering a historical presentation which was very well received.
- Responsible for employee benefits program in the absence of the manager; responded effectively to employee inquiries regarding benefit options and processed enrollments.
- Accepted collateral for judgments and taxes; managed to sell the property and collect debts.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 2
- Kept the office function going smoothly by maintaining the filing system and cleanliness of the office.
- Created a daily work schedule for each staff member that has been implemented successfully to meet company goals.
- Was able to implement new ideas quickly due to my own initiative and creativity.
- Redefined tasks, simplified procedures, and increased efficiency to a higher level in order to make sure all documents are completed on time every day.
- Spearheaded the implementation of an electronic document management system.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 3
- Performed office duties including customer service, billing, and payroll.
- Created and maintained an organized system for file documentation; created backup files for customer transactions.
- Developed a comprehensive filing system for client correspondence and meeting agendas; proofed official correspondence by reviewing content and formats before opening/closing.
- Maintained a high level of knowledge regarding insurance policies which was applicable to customer’s benefits as well as retirement benefits based upon the coverage provided by the company.
- Response to telephone calls, develops policyholder retention plan, maintains permanent department files including job description, personnel records, and related documents. Maintained client accounts year-round.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 4
- Maintained company forms library.
- Developed and implemented new procedures; redesigned forms according to the changing needs of the organization.
- Managed most sensitive corporate records, including contracts, accounting reports, and correspondence; preserved confidentiality of all information.
- Guaranteed accuracy on a variety of correspondence; produced notices, reports, and other documents related to legal affairs.
- Shuttered corporation’s mailroom operations by implementing new material tracking procedures; reduced costs while increasing efficiency and productivity.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 5
- Communicated effectively with company staff and clients.
- Maintained office equipment and assisted in scheduling for all employees.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; effectively maintained filing system.
- Highly regarded by all employees as an asset; immediately responded to the needs of employees by supplying the necessary information from her computerized database. Also, effortlessly raised morale in the office by providing supportive comfort for co-workers during a stressful period of time.
- Adhered to company policies regarding confidentiality of client information and maintained office equipment in an orderly manner with little disruption to daily operations.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 6
- Persisted with difficult customers; professionally handled customer complaints, keeping the office running smoothly.
- Recognized as a team player and sales professional, displaying exceptional initiative and initiative to others; consistently met deadlines for the office.
- Achieved award for effective communication through customer service.
- Received outstanding quality award; provided exemplary customer service and superior customer retention.
- Received fourteen consecutive years of annual appraisals from the Audit Committee; earned $14,000 annually by meeting all of the financial goals set by the organization’s Senior Vice President yet remaining a valued employee through hard work over several years.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 7
- Maintained a 100 percent confidential record on workplace issues for the Human Resource department.
- Awarded for outstanding customer service to our client; cooperative, proactive, and engaging in resolving the issues of our client.
- Expedited data-entry tasks by offering alternatives to problem resolution.
- Maintained confidentiality and accuracy of financial records; effective multitasking skills while maintaining workflow and information integrity.
- Reorganized entire office layout; significantly reduced process time while increasing productivity and efficiency.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 8
- Provided organizational support to a busy marketing department; staffed teleconference meetings with the VP.
- Reduced mailouts by creating lists of names and addresses of customers; recognized as “Outstanding Secretary” by the president at the annual ceremony.
- Secured a $1,000 donation from retail clients for a local food bank; won an award for contributing to the community.
- Produced training manuals for new staff; received training award for outstanding performance/outstanding job on a project.
- Developed marketing campaigns for new products; received commendation from President for creative output in response to foreclosure problem.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 9
- Maintained confidentiality of all clients’ information as per company policy and state regulations.
- Established a positive relationship with clients and employees which extended to both their correspondence and telephone contact.
- Proactively contacted people for projects or assignments, inquired about their well-being and followed up after any transactions or correspondence.
- Consistently completed projects in the time allotted, leaving everything in the proper place, or returning to the original place to put things back if it was taken out for temporary use.
- Computerized all existing records (cash receipts/payroll/invoices).
Office Secretary Resume Sample 10
- Regularly attended staff meetings for personnel development; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of co-workers.
- Recognized for exceptional assistance to the Facility Manager by timely acknowledgment of assistance.
- Awarded Employee of the Month.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service related to closing a transaction with a customer who was experiencing a medical emergency.
- Received outstanding quality award; efficiently juggled multiple jobs while assisting employees, management, and customers.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 11
- Maintained confidentiality during company confidential inquiries.
- Positioned materials consistent with company standards.
- Ensured that all deadlines were met and implemented strict discipline if not.
- Maintained proper appearance which left a lasting impression on clients; maintains a positive attitude at all times; never questioned orders given by the supervisor; responsively took action on each client’s complaint whether it was justified or not.
- Became very effective at dealing with clients’ requests and questions while remaining professional, courteous, and helpful; properly executed duties according to company standards.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 12
- Participated in human resources orientation/training and knowledge survival classes.
- Recognized as office coordinator for the promptness of completion of assignments.
- Demonstrated attention to detail by completing time sheets accurately and verifying accuracy during monthly closeouts.
- Received outstanding quality award; accurately projected timetables for internships, classes, or approved personal leave.
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently by maintaining the efficiency of office supplies, office layout, and filing systems.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 13
- Maintained accurate and up-to-date files and databases in accordance with company guidelines.
- Adhered to company guidelines; greeted visitors and customers with smiles, a pleasant disposition, and appropriate job titles.
- Determined customer needs; responded to client inquiries within two business days.
- Achieved recognition for exceptional service; served as the personal secretary to the Regional Manager.
- Received outstanding quality award; efficiently maintained office supplies.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 14
- Created a newsletter and implemented a distribution plan; received outstanding office efficiency award.
- Led a team of three; supervised the opening of branch offices beyond corporate expectations.
- Received outstanding service award; effectively scheduled appointments, handled sensitive customer issues and met deadlines without fail.
- Served as a loan officer for new applicants in need of immediate funding; closed loans within 30 days based on customers’ financial needs.
- Edited documents for accuracy and confidentiality prior to filing with government regulatory agencies; received recognition from senior management for meeting deadlines and maintaining compliance standards.
Office Secretary Resume Sample 15
- Performed related clerical work in an efficient, timely manner.
- Fostered a positive work environment by building effective working relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
- Identified and resolved conflicts with coworkers; recognized for exceptional service to the employer by achieving the highest ratings on surveys.
- Used professional skills to assist others in problem-solving and stress management.
- Demonstrated initiative, initiative, and change agent behaviors throughout her employment/training to improve operations in her department as well as higher management’s goals.
A high school diploma is necessary for this job, plus one year of general secretarial experience. Skills needed are patience, desire to please, discretion, excellent math and computer skills, good personal relationship skills, communication skills, proofreading skills, and familiarity with all office procedures.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.