Associate general counsels work alongside general counsels that form the legal advisory teams of businesses. You are responsible for detecting legal issues, assessing them, providing legal counsel, presenting to the top-level attorneys, conduct negotiation meetings, keep abreast of the law and statutes and ensure the business is operating within the law.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Associate General Counsel Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Associate General Counsel resumes for your reference.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 1
- Grew department from 20 to 100 professionals during 14 years of tenure.
- Oversaw the development and implementation of a comprehensive training program for attorneys and support staff on copyright issues.
- Advised high-level executives in all aspects of their legal affairs, including contract negotiations, mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, spin-offs and proxy contests.
- Managed a litigation practice that included intellectual property infringement claims against business competitors as well as original claims brought by the company.
- Advanced networking skills with international contacts allowing cross border expansion capabilities with Asian contracts developing new markets for future growth.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 2
- Resolved complex legal issues among several departments such as Contracts, Finance, and Human Resource; strengthened company’s economic performance through income maximization strategies.
- Spearheaded completion of lease negotiation for new office space; negotiated landlord incentive package that improved company’s balance sheet and increased business productivity.
- Secured employment in a legal environment after receiving Juris Doctorate degree, and worked in civil litigation department with diverse cases across the country.
- Contributed to resolution of pending case regarding mishandled deposit refund by addressing deficiencies in compliance with IRS 1099-MISC guidelines.
- Defended against allegations regarding breach of contract between former employer and client; resulting from negligence on behalf of employee.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 3
- Successfully handled seven of nine cases through close of litigation; recognized by peers and superiors as a talented litigator.
- Served as legal counsel to the board members of various corporations, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, such as SEC reporting standards.
- Initiated new policies for increased productivity and efficiency throughout department; empowered associates through proven leadership skills.
- Led the integration team responsible for providing 100% contract management support on three major accounts simultaneously.
- Achieved significant results in negotiations between all parties involved with large-scale acquisition project; resolved issues successfully despite contentious concerns from all sides.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 4
- Exhibited outstanding achievement in achieving new business arrangements with key partners.
- Efficiently drafted complex legal documents, demonstrating exceptional ability to express ideas that are clear and concise.
- Actively collaborated with team to drive a project from start to finish.
- Negotiated commercial agreements involving complex issues of international law, effectively resolving disputes through negotiations or alternative dispute resolution mechanism.
- Successfully managed the design and construction aspects involved in an $800 million manufacturing plant expansion project; recognized by Legal Department Leadership team for extraordinary results and receiving a special bonus check.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 5
- Litigate in Federal and State courts; develop case strategy, legal arguments, and courtroom presentation.
- Draft corporate contracts including licenses, acquisitions, asset purchases; analyze agreements to verify compliance with statutes.
- Draft patent application for new cardiovascular device; drafted complete application within ten weeks of conception.
- Provide counseling services in intellectual property law for international clientele at five offices across the U.S., Mexico, and Japan.
- Mentor up-and-coming attorneys in company sponsored events that encourage professional development in specialized areas of practice.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 6
- Researched and analyzed complex legal matters, including securities law, immigration issues, tax matters, tort claims.
- Effectively mediated negotiations between parties representing interests in civil litigation involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Adequately prosecuted application for admission to The Florida Bar based on education and experience.
- Successfully restructured a major deal involving a merger of two companies after the discovery of significant conflicts between the original documents and their shareholders.
- Negotiated a five-year contract with an important client worth over $10 million after overcoming numerous adversarial challenges from opposing counsel.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 7
- Graduated magna cum laude from an accredited law school and attained Journal of Legal Analysis ‘ s coveted Best Professional Article award.
- Developed and participated in a pro bono legal clinic for those with disabilities; represented dozens of clients before the Department of Health, Office for Civil Rights.
- Received outstanding service award as primary staff member supervising all aspects of program review office including obtaining funding, reviewing applications, and compliance monitoring activities.
- Mentored four individuals through the Law Clerk Intern Program; prepared them to pass the Ohio Bar Exam upon graduation from law school.
- Authored comments on white collar crime legislation; published by The Business Times.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 8
- Independently pursued litigation, prosecution of law suit against city to comply with federal requirements regarding equal opportunity for minority-owned businesses.
- Trained newer staff members in the application and purpose of various policies and procedures.
- Served as chairperson for Diversity Committee; scheduled speakers, scheduled workshops set up by committee members, trained employees about diversity issues, reviewed applications for nonprofit organization funding.
- Maintained confidentiality of all employee information according to court order.
- Represented an individual client through 8 Supreme Court appeals including US v. James Joseph Dresnok (declassified American defector), Umanszewski v. Department of Transportation etc., Amicus Curiae Brief in Support of Petitioner.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 9
- Advised company General Counsel on contractual and employment law matters.
- Provided legal guidance for business units regarding software, financial institution relationships, and domestic and international compliance matters.
- Helped to build a legal department that was able to work as a cohesive unit, supporting the company’s business goals through provision of meaningful advice across the organization.
- Created innovative process flow charts detailing how certain tasks would be conducted best by each team member in order for customers to receive the fastest possible service.
- Structured agreements between companies based upon mutual needs rather than internal political agendas; created substantial revenues from these inter-company collaborations.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 10
- Streamlined the legal process to comply with state statute regarding property tax appeals.
- Worked with senior level counsel to assist in the prosecution or defense of cases before state and federal court’s across the country.
- Volunteered as a coaching attorney for several organizations, including school district and local civic league sports teams.
- Gained legal research skills through self-study and certification from the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA).
- Authored journal articles on current legal issues; recognized by Benchmark Litigation as one of Ohio’s leading lawyers under 35 years of age.
Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 11
- Provided advice for contract-related issues and analyzed the legal implications of proposed business transactions.
- Provided legal advice concerning information systems, licensing agreements (software, media, etc.), internet law (domain name disputes), software piracy/hacking, employment litigation (discrimination issues).
- Managed foreign offices in all areas of law providing support to related company project.
- Represented clients in high profile cases involving claims against U.S. government for $600 million; interpretation under federal Tort Claims Act.
- Hosted regular round table seminars with other attorneys on subjects relating to general counsel’s office administration and client relations.
To work as an associate general counsel, you must have a law-related undergraduate degree, an ABA-accredited J.D degree and are admitted to the bar. You need to have a juris degree in jurisprudence. You also need to be a prowess at communication, analysis, being professional, time management, organizing documents and negotiation.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Associate General Counsel Resume Samples
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 1
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 2
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 3
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 4
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 5
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 6
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 7
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 8
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 9
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 10
- Associate General Counsel Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up