The Director of Facilities provides direction and oversight to daily functions for property management. Their duties include supervising maintenance staff, coordinating maintenance projects, ensuring compliance for OSHA standards and building codes, maintaining the upkeep of the property, administering safety protocols and managing the facility budget.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Facilities Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Facilities resumes for your reference.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 1
- Directed, supervised, and/or evaluated more than 10 staff members.
- Trained and supervised a team of 11 to 25 personnel.
- Developed a comprehensive facility management plan for a large complex of buildings including an inventory database, space planning, budgeting, space use inventory control system, tenant handbooks, mission statements.
- Received outstanding quality award from the executive committee for providing exceptional customer service to employees and customers.
- Assigned to direct a team of more than 23 full-time employees; strategically coordinated an annual promotion campaign in order to meet the companies’ goals in all facets of the business.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 2
- Established, implemented, and maintained policies and procedures that accurately reflected the needs of the facility.
- Coordinated design, construction, completion, and improvement for new facilities.
- Managed project employees, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure projects were completed on time.
- Directed, supervised, and control projects to ensure the project was on a budget.
- Managed budgeting for each project designated to ensure proper allocation of resources.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 3
- Supervised construction of a new building totaling more than $25,000,000.
- Responsible for more than 22 positions for over 6,500 employees.
- Received the “Golden Apple” Award for hiring more minorities in leadership positions.
- Achieved outstanding customer satisfaction; received award for innovative and effective policies and procedures in the government contracting arena.
- Received award for outstanding performance; recognized by peers and superiors for saving time and money in the area of overtime pay savings to all employees in the office.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 4
- Brought into fruition a strategic change of the physical facilities of the company.
- Spearheaded the renovation of all technical equipment, including a state-of-the-art audio visual system.
- Oversaw the upgrade of systems in departments, including real estate, human resources, and payroll.
- Cultivated an environment of employee interaction by implementing effective communication processes with departments through teamwork meetings.
- Instituted cost-saving measures by performing annual audits and initiating cost-cutting measures as appropriate; instituted new marketing strategies to increase revenue streams.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 5
- Installed and maintained a 24-hour security system.
- Utilized bank loans to finance projects for community enhancement.
- Designed and built perimeter lighting for parking lots, walkways, and plantings.
- Designed landscaping for the performing arts center in place of trees, bushes, and flowers.
- Completed the renovation of the dining facilities into a contemporary, attractive, and comfortable place to meet.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 6
- Accomplished and maintained five-year facilities and infrastructure capital budgets.
- Accomplished and maintained facilities and infrastructure work plans for five-year capital budgets.
- Developed recommendations for continued maintenance, replacement, and renewal of investment property over a ten-year time frame.
- Accomplished and maintained annual facilities as well as annual procurement reports which included descriptions of facility condition, planned improvements, contract information, contractors status, costs, schedules to completion, safety inspections performed on all major construction projects.
- Maintained safety plans which included safety plans for six department projects with reference to new OSHA guidelines.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 7
- Supervised and managed all aspects of the facility; provided direct labor, contracted labor (2nd & 3rd party), and management services such as accounting, contracts, and facilities maintenance.
- Managed all aspects regarding tenant satisfaction; provided tenant advisory councils and promotions/rewards for tenants who consistently delivered exceptional service to the customer at the facility.
- Managed all aspects regarding tenant satisfaction; administered department performance plans and provided oversight for daily operations at the facility.
- Managed all aspects regarding the recycling program, including the acquisition of a city permit, and also ensured compliance with all state and federal guidelines.
- Received award from the President of the firm for an outstanding performance evaluation, which was based upon departmental growth and profitability.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 8
- Transformed a former retail store into a well-appointed office facility.
- Acquired insurance coverage for the facility, which included required coverage for theft, fire, and earthquake.
- Integrated professional services such as maintenance and custodial services into the overall project.
- Recruited and hired staff to complete renovation projects on time and within budget.
- Ensured completion of projects without concern for potential disruption to the client’s business.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 9
- Awarded by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance; created and effectively managed a team that oversaw the planning, budgeting, design, construction, occupancy, and maintenance of facilities.
- Earned appreciation as an asset to the organization as a result of exemplary management skills as a result of contributions in multi-cultural environments.
- Maintained consistent quality of work for 3 years as a result of excellent customer service delivery.
- Developed new services for clients through innovative thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Obtained award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 10
- Assigned activities for the completion of capital improvements for the campus in conjunction with the University Architect.
- Developed a campus-wide memorandum to speed up construction projects while ensuring quality control measures.
- Selected improvements that were economical to implement, while providing aesthetic enhancements.
- Provided oversight over the construction crews, project budgets, and post-inspection activities.
- Streamlined communication with other departments within the university.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 11
- Hired, trained, and supervised a team of general service technicians for facilities maintenance.
- Developed a comprehensive maintenance schedule that allowed for repairs to all facilities in less than 24 hours from the date of the call.
- Directed the installation of new fire detection and suppression system.
- Oversaw construction projects valued at more than $500,000; effectively expedited the inspection process for building permits and ensured compliance with zoning requirements.
- Dispatched a team of technicians to the site of a major fire; coordinated damage assessment and property restoration efforts according to company guidelines.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 12
- Responsible for the design of, development of, construction of, and maintenance of the company’s facilities.
- Supervised outside contractors in the installation, repair, and maintenance of the company’s facilities.
- Created financial reports detailing facility operating costs.
- Achieved award for handling customer service issues; effectively addressed customers’ concerns and resolved their problems.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively allocated resources to meet production deadlines and meet budget guidelines.
Director of Facilities Resume Sample 13
- Developed management plans for new facilities to help with long-term planning.
- Maintained daily operations of existing facilities through an efficient workflow.
- Increased tenant occupancy rate and generated higher revenue.
- Performed duties to meet customer and internal goals and objectives, while successfully orienting and training new employees on complex job functions.
- Managed facility space; developed state-of-the-art plans, budgets, and schedules for projects; established relationships with contractors/subcontractors that generated favorable outcomes.
To work as a Director of Facilities an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is often required with atleast 5 years of related experience. The Director of Facilities must demonstrate knowledge of property systems, creating a culture of safety, project management, task delegation, strong leadership, the ability to resolve conflict and understanding of budgeting.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.