The area supervisor is responsible for managing a specific area of a store or business. This can refer to either a literal or conceptual “area”; supervisors keep track of day-to-day operations, give directions to employees, maintain records, recruit staff, train employees, and give performance reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Area Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Area Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Trained and supervised employees in all aspects of customer service, including greeting, directing, and assisting customers. Implemented programs to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Hired, trained, and assigned employees to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Conducted performance reviews to evaluate employee effectiveness. Resolved employee concerns and complaints.
- Led efforts in the development of a new facility that increased customer satisfaction by 20%. Contributed to the formulation of a strategic plan that led to a 50% increase in sales.
- Oversaw operations at two facilities, including daily activities to ensure quality control, scheduling, and safety standards were met.
- Reviewed reports to evaluate the performance of individual employees and operations as a whole. Provided feedback to management to help improve operations.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Resolved issues and problems relating to new company products and services.
- Led successful team in recruiting new employees, providing training and guidance, and establishing new office procedures.
- Ensured all new employees were familiar with company culture, benefits, and policies.
- Created a more effective management system for existing office procedures and resources.
- Achieved outstanding performance, receiving special recognition from CEO for recruiting, training, and mentoring of a new administrative assistant.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Helped launch and direct successful “X-Offices” in multiple locations; earned awards for excellence and financial savings.
- Secured a four-year college scholarship for students and faculty; expanded a college’s office, library, and equipment inventory.
- Achieved new awards for service, customer service, and training.
- Earned a promotion to manager; obtained increased responsibility for office supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Completed a semester of college; attained certification in the basics of accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the coordination of complex job functions; performed multi-tasking and prioritized tasks to increase efficiency and decrease workload.
- Took advantage of company training and education to expand professional skills.
- Organized, managed, and supervised daily and weekly operations.
- Successfully completed training to advance to the next level of responsibilities; currently supervises three employees.
- Achieved the most in sales and customer service of any employee.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Identified, eliminated, and eliminated work that does not contribute to achieving organizational goals.
- Performed various administrative tasks, including inputting data into an automated loan processing system, scheduling, and data entry.
- Managed the flow of paperwork to ensure that every task was completed in a timely manner.
- Learned to track and maintain a database to improve data quality.
- Created and developed a time management system for employees to increase productivity.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Recognized as a productive member of the team by hiring as a supervisor at age 35.
- Gained experience in accounting, payroll, and human resources.
- Developed strong communication skills through an on-site job coaching program.
- Gave birth to a healthy child, resulting in a year of maternity leave.
- Grew in confidence and leadership skills as a supervisor and became a co-manager.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Maintained files of all incoming and outgoing mail for the finance department; scheduled, assigned, and prepared for processing mailings for all employees.
- Performed monthly monitoring of all accounts receivable and payable to ensure all bills are paid on time; monitored all credit reports for delinquencies; balanced the department’s budget; and maintained adequate staff.
- Served as the finance secretary and office manager; maintained office personnel records, record of corporate meetings, and information for the legal department.
- Performed periodic data entry of all transactions; maintained accounting software and records for all finance, legal, and human resources departments.
- Performed data entry for all employee personnel records within the area.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Conducted routine business activities, including processing of applications, obtaining and verifying signatures, issuing and canceling checks, and generating daily reports for the duration of a contract.
- Processed application files and sent requests for required documents to support a request for payment.
- Performed simple computer operations such as data entry and printing.
- Scheduled, scheduled, and completed a budget based on an established budget.
- Created and maintained a filing system for all company files, including a variety of business documents and payroll files.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Initiated and led three projects to ensure a smooth and safe transition of employees to new management.
- Prepared and updated staff orientation manual; recruited and trained new staff to perform essential functions; developed policy and procedure manual for new staff.
- Resolved complaints, answered questions, and explained company policies to employees during the first week of employment.
- Resolved minor problems with payroll and benefits during first week of employment.
- Admitted and accepted the new job and began learning company policy and procedure.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Scheduled and monitored financial transactions of a multinational company to minimize waste and maximize revenue.
- Earned recognition as a Department Supervisor for exceptional performance in project management, financial transactions, and data collection.
- Designed a new company accounting system for use by both foreign and domestic clients.
- Met individual goals, met team goals, and exceeded the expectations of superiors for financial and non-financial reports.
- Proven effective in analyzing company data to meet management objectives.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Achieved a yearly increase in overall budget.
- Executed a business plan for yearly growth.
- Completed first two phases of planning for new facility, and prepared for groundbreaking.
- Provided support for financial, human resource, legal, marketing, and public relations functions.
- Gathered, analyzed, and interpreted financial data and records.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Led the development of a new system for scheduling, payroll, and employee records.
- Cut staffing costs by 10% through staff attrition and re-hiring of more efficient employees.
- Developed a new training program for new employees.
- Negotiated with vendors for lower pricing on supplies and equipment.
- Developed a customer retention program that increased revenue by 15%.
Area Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised 10 employees of a government agency. Hired candidates with little prior experience, providing them with training in their respective areas of responsibility.
- Supervised day-to-day operations of the department by monitoring work performance, conducting meetings, and maintaining communication between employees and management.
- Coordinated activities within the department by scheduling meetings, setting meeting agendas, preparing minutes for distribution to employees, and sending minutes to executive team for review.
- Ensured accountability of time sheets by reviewing time sheets daily for accuracy and completeness. Identified any issues with the time sheets via email or telephone communication with employees. Followed up with employees to ensure that issues were resolved.
- Provided direction to employees by communicating work goals, priorities, and deadlines through meetings and daily communication. Distributed work assignments to employees, providing them with detailed instructions on how to complete assigned tasks.
Higher education may be recommended for area supervisors depending on their sector, and employees can often ascend to this position after working at lower levels. Area supervisor must be proactive, well-versed in their part of the company, good leaders, knowledgeable about assets and maintenance, familiar with industry practices and regulations, able to connect with employees, and good at reporting to superiors.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.