A dining room attendant is someone who works in the hospitality industry and oversees the operations of the dining room. Duties can include, but are not limited to greeting and seating guests, checking in throughout their meal, assisting servers and bussers, taking reservations, managing front of house staff, and ensuring a pleasant dining experience for the customers.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Dining Room Attendant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dining Room Attendant resumes for your reference.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 1
- Greeted all customers, informed them of our omelette bar offerings, and made them feel welcomed.
- Became the face of the restaurant by handing out samples to guests who were waiting for their table.
- Enabled management to increase its business by offering desserts to people waiting at the host stand.
- Maintained an average tip percentage that surpassed waiters’ averages during lunch services.
- Curated ideas for improvements in customer flow after noticing empty plates stacked on dirty tables between 5-8 pm; improvements led to $1800 annual sales increase.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 2
- Assisted dietary personnel in maintaining sanitary conditions of kitchen equipment, utensils, and food service areas.
- Enforced sanitation policies by taking necessary actions against employees who failed to comply with established practices.
- Ensured compliance with all UAFS Dining Services safety, health, and sanitation/food handling procedures through on-site inspections while working for the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith Culinary Services.
- Taught proper hand washing techniques at orientation sessions; advice was well received by trainees seeking knowledge about good hygiene.
- Followed departmental policy regarding enforcement of guidelines concerning personal attire, grooming standards, social media use, smoking breaks/cigarette disposal etc.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 3
- Preserved restaurant’s $75,000-a-day food inventory by rotating stock and monitoring expiry dates.
- Exceeded customer expectations with prompt, courteous service; recognized as Employee of the Month five times.
- Modified menu options to accommodate customers’ special diet requests; ensured all guests had an enjoyable dining experience.
- Handled catering for three banquets at hotels simultaneously, completing courses in style and on time; received two awards for excellent service.
- Provided support to guest relations team during busy periods to ensure shifts ran smoothly; prepared staff meetings by summarizing daily sales data and reporting any trends or recommendations for improvement.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 4
- Prepared dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner services by ensuring the tables were set up correctly with all necessary items.
- Handled customer complaints professionally through effective listening and problem-solving channels.
- Trained new employees on proper dining room procedures to ensure a quality level of service was maintained.
- Assisted guests in locating accommodations via computerized hotel map system as well as external resources if needed.
- Maintained sanitary standards by routinely cleaning tables after guests departed.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 5
- Cleared and set tables, replenished glasses, flatware, napkins, salt & pepper shakers.
- Maintained dining-area cleanliness by sweeping floors and wiping down tabletops with damp cloths. Wiped up food spills on the floor. Collected dishes from departing guests to ensure timely turnover of tables for incoming patrons.
- Captured new customers by suggesting they try specials featured that evening, or desserts recommended by management.
- Attended hotel banquets as needed; wore formal attire per event requirements including vest/waistcoat, black slacks with white dress shirt and bowtie. Ensured service standards were met during such as holiday parties and awards dinners.
- Formally welcomed guests to the hotel, interacted with them to learn about their stay and ascertained preferences for room location, type, and other requirements; was able to make sound recommendations.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 6
- Maintained cleanliness and organization of assigned areas including storage rooms, condiment stations, soda machine, ice machines, coffee station, glass racks, refrigerators.
- Recognized by management for customer service skills; rendered fast and efficient cleaning with the highest degree of professionalism to staff members and guests alike.
- Performed daily tasks effectively during busy periods; assisted head chef by reducing food preparation time in kitchen area.
- Achieved success as a “front-of-house” worker with excellent attendance records; remained calm under pressure when handling many orders at once.
- Exhibited extraordinary patience with difficult guests; maintained composure while resolving customer complaints or requests.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 7
- Secured reservations in accordance with hotel policy and served guests in the restaurant using appropriate dining room etiquette.
- Assisted chefs, waiters, busboys, and hosts to meet needs of guests through attentive service.
- Provided excellent customer satisfaction by anticipating guest needs according to the four levels of service.
- Achieved award for providing superior hospitality to guests during banquet services according to food presentation standards.
- Evaluated guest satisfaction by completing post-dining surveys; recognized by management for outstanding performance.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 8
- Table bussed, cleaned, and reset dining rooms throughout hotel.
- Responsible for greeting guests both entering and exiting dining room during tome of peak business operations.
- Provided exceptional customer service by taking care of all guest needs in a timely manner; positively responded to requests for accommodations based on food allergies or religious needs, etc., with genuine empathy and respect to create loyal patrons.
- Handled cash transactions directly with customers to provide fast point-of-sale transactions, accurate reporting procedures were followed after each shift.
- Prepared dining room for breakfast buffet every morning to include setting tables, cleaning station areas (tables, floor), stocking plates/napkins/silverware, and restocking beverages.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 9
- Optimized dining room efficiency by stocking and cleaning during meal times, including Saturday brunches.
- Recognized for superior customer service after developing rapport with returning guests.
- Administered excellent guest relations within the hotel by honoring requests, providing information to guests, returning lost items that were left behind in guest rooms, resolving misunderstandings between staff members and guests that may have escalated into complaints if not handled effectively, offering suggestions to enhance quality of experience for incoming guests.
- Performed duties related to accounting functions within the hotel by recording revenues/expenses in journals or computers; reconciling daily banking activities.
- Achieved outstanding revenue volume per shift due to increasing business through effective marketing and sales strategies.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 10
- Provided customer service to all patrons by greeting them in a prompt, friendly manner making sure they were seated at the proper table.
- Identified guests special requests and allergies in order to provide optimum satisfaction while serving food.
- Assisted managers with scheduling staff members, ordering supplies, and resolving any problems that may have arisen during each shift.
- Handled daily inventory of food products to ensure sufficient amounts are ordered for mealtimes.
- Achieved 100% score on health department’s standards with no critical or minor infractions throughout entire employment period.
Dining Room Attendant Resume Sample 11
- Prepared all table settings, linens, and silverware for afternoon and evening banquets.
- Attended to guests needs during social events by providing prompt service while maintaining a professional demeanor under pressure.
- Implemented sanitation procedures to maintain cleanliness of work areas and reduce cross-contamination between raw meats and ready-to-eat foods by using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Promoted guest loyalty by ensuring quality service in compliance with company standards; received outstanding recognition from management.
- Introduced new features for special functions including complete table setting arrangements and themed decorations.
Educational requirements are a high school diploma or a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field. Necessary skills required of a dining room attendant are strong verbal and written communication, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to work well with others, strong customer service skills, detail-oriented, as well as problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.