Freelance camera operators are responsible for capturing all aspects of a scene for a film or a television show. Their duties include determining camera placement, editing footage as needed, cleaning and maintaining camera equipment, shooting scenes according to requirements, filming quality footage and staying current with the trends in the film industry.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Camera Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Camera Operator resumes for your reference.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 1
- Layed out, shot, and edited on-location/remote shoots.
- Professionally mastered experienced AV technicians to shoot and edit daily TV news segments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills; continued to maintain a positive attitude during challenging situations.
- Assisted senior camera operators with external vendors; prepared for special events with unique requests.
- Developed incident reports that were submitted to the Police Department after an accident occurred at a downtown location.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 2
- Incorporated effective lighting into my shots to correctly illuminate the subject matter. Increased depth of field and framed my shots accurately.
- Utilized a variety of lenses in a variety of ways, including zoom, wide-angle, and macro to provide the best possible shot composition.
- Implemented an efficient system for creating shots. Fastened my camera to trees and yelled out major events such as “Cinderella’s castle is up,” or “Baby Ziggie is born.” I always got the shot I wanted.
- Focused on my personal creative process and pushed myself to keep it unique and different from other photographers on-set. I used long exposures, HDR’s, and ambient light.
- Directed the actors and created a unique artistic vision for the production I was shooting.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 3
- Created a stunning portfolio of photography, which was recognized by Advertising Age and USA Today.
- Achieved recognition for my documentary-style video production, which showcased the challenges facing homeless families in urban environments.
- Exhibited strong interpersonal skills that resulted in increased sales figures; recognized by company Area Manager for outstanding performance.
- Maintained a positive attitude while successfully adapting to change; achieved award as one of the top team players, who consistently met and often exceeded sales goals.
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to bank guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 4
- Informed executives about the advantages and disadvantages of various film stocks as well as explained techniques for shooting scenes.
- Created and maintained a work log; recorded requests for establishing new shots, marking dailies, shipping out footage, color correction notes, and footage used in each version.
- Delivered exceptional customer service to studio clients; managed all postproduction projects from start to finish, including on-time delivery with the highest quality results.
- Inventoried all film stock used by the director during production.
- Prepared detailed reports; tabulated production costs and revenue earned from each film stock and submitted to the director on a regular basis.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 5
- Designed video for providing trainees with realistic real-world experience in a safety program, resulting in increased compliance and productivity.
- Captured footage of several organizations in a variety of stages and environments. Assisted executive producer artists in editing, posting, and maximizing search engine optimization for the company website, resulting in a dramatic increase in web traffic.
- Filmed music videos; observed band’s dynamic energy on stage and captured it using a camera lens. Posted edited clips on YouTube to generate fan interest, resulting in over 6 million hits and two record deals.
- Performed as a music video camera operator, capturing the musical energy of a local band and enhancing the audience’s experience with high-quality video.
- Established career as a professional musician.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in recording a TNN special; employed a variety of techniques to effectively record visual data.
- Created and edited film segments, ensuring that all footage was recorded and edited according to the client’s needs.
- Worked for local television stations, filming and editing footage for upcoming news programs.
- Received positive feedback from clients regarding my ability to effectively record visual data.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to company guidelines.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 7
- Performed as a freelancer for various projects including a series of public service announcements, photoshoots, photo shoots, and more.
- Produced photos and video for local and national brands.
- Broke into the film industry as an assistant director using my skills in cinematography, directing, and editing.
- Worked with other photographers to be at the right place at the right time to create visual content that met desired outcomes.
- Realized there were many opportunities to use my skills to help others (i.e. write, direct, edit).
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 8
- Received “Best of Show” recognition for the video produced for the Museum of Modern Art.
- Selected to film and document the photo exhibit presented by Art Times Magazine covering the opening of an art gallery/museum.
- Selected to film and document the photo exhibit presented by Art Times Magazine covering street artists.
- Created a video recording to be used as a substitute for photographs in an accepted job application for employment with The Washington Post.
- Selected to film and document the photo exhibit presented by Art Times Magazine covering students at work in their studios.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 9
- Implemented staging to improve photography, lighting, and composition.
- Achieved a B+ in directing; developed a cohesive visual concept augmented with a color palette.
- Compiled comprehensive and comprehensive folders that contained script data, notes, shooting instructions, and sequences.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively coordinated cameraman, lighting staff, and modeling staff to execute photograph shoot schedules according to budget deadlines.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had used my photography services.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 10
- Enhanced the job skills of myself and colleagues through participation in workshops and seminars.
- Collaborated with other staff members to create a variety of courses for students, including digital imaging, film production, commercial photography, sound production, graphic design & multimedia web development.
- Provided quick turnaround time and assistance to many media outlets throughout the region.
- Developed on-location broadcast equipment strategies.
- Created instructional videos that clarified programming and enhanced student success in various classes.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 11
- Produced demo reels and published photography in photo magazines.
- Achieved award for producing high-quality images; assisted with photoshoots for commercial clients.
- Achieved award for professional proficiency; promoted by the magazine’s editorial staff for depicting a distinctive character on the cover of an issue.
- Successfully proposed client layout ideas that met corporate company’s image requirements, were visually stimulating, and met their advertising objectives.
- Received outstanding quality award; successfully completed all tasks and projects requested by various representatives at the company during his time in employment there as a freelance camera operator.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 12
- Efficiently operated a camera and audio recorder for filming a wedding.
- Worked with a singer-songwriter to produce and edit music videos, radio spots, and interviews.
- Developed sales pitch and presentation materials; secured sales quota within the first quarter of employment.
- Created promotional video for business; recognized by company sponsors as the primary reason for their participation in giving scholarships to talented underprivileged children.
- Promoted customer service excellence; consistently achieved highest customer satisfaction ratings in the telemarketing department.
Freelance Camera Operator Resume Sample 13
- Produced their own film, edited the film, and even made a website for the movie.
- Won local awards for “Best Director” and “Best Music Video.”
- Developed a unique visual style based on life transition experiences.
- Lifted their photography career to new heights by traveling to Canada to shoot a national commercial campaign.
- Discovered that they could make money just shooting photos and getting paid as an independent contractor; learned how to set up an e-commerce site.
To work as a freelance camera operator, you require a bachelor’s degree in film or its equivalent. Freelance camera operators must demonstrate organizational skills, creativity, communication skills, problem-solving skills, physical stamina, interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.