Chiropractic assistants provide administrative and other support, including clinical and logistical, to chiropractors in order to ensure the smooth operation of a chiropractic practice. Some of the typical duties of a chiropractic assistant may include greeting patients, managing the chiropractor’s scheduled appointments and client needs, and even assisting with secretarial duties such as answering emails and phone calls. The assistant also collects patient personal and medical information, as well as verifies insurance and payment information. As such, chiropractic assistants must be highly organized, possess good people skills, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Become a Successful Chiropractic Assistant?
Obtain high school diploma or equivalent. Although not legally required, this should be considered a minimum benchmark of academic achievement for anyone that would work in a chiropractic assistance role.
Become proficient in Microsoft suite. Chiropractic assistants will need to have a good understanding of the Microsoft office suite, including programs such as Microsoft work and Excel, in order to carry out the basic administrative functions necessary to ensure the functioning of the office. They may use office to write down patient information, while later using excel to track inventory and order supplies.
Seek out relevant administrative experience. To ensure success, aspiring chiropractic assistants should find gainful experience in a healthcare administrative setting. This could be achieved in a part-time fashion while studying, or even by working up from a lesser form of secretarial role until you eventually have the experience that will make you a competitive option.
The Best Chiropractic Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Chiropractic Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Assured cleanliness and proper operation of all therapy equipment.
- Kept files and office organized, clean and uncluttered.
- Observed and performed patient’s therapies, such as ultrasound, laser, lumbar belt and decompression.
- Responsible for all new patient intake and entering their information into an EMR system, report master.
- Perform various administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, and patient education as well as technical tasks that relate to patient care and recovery.
- Test performed are ultrasounds, interferential electro-therapy, body tractions, and Kinesio tapping.
- Responsible for entering and managing insurance and patient payments, insurance verification, and following up with health, lawyer and auto insurance companies on unpaid accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring correct financial estimates presented to patients and correcting paper and electronic claims.
- Responsible for putting patients on and taking them off of therapy, assisting the front desk with scheduling, supply ordering, and sending paperwork to insurance and lawyer offices.
- Responsible for doing new patient consultations and addressing any questions or concerns new patients would have.
- Assist office manager with filing and tracking and billing all insurance claims as well as outstanding receivables from other patients.
- Responsible for cleaning each adjustment room before and after each patient appointment.
- Completed each new patient chart and took information such as vital signs and all insurance information.
- Responsible for organizing appointment schedule each day and keeping doctor updated on status of each appointment.
- Registered all new patients in ECLIPSE/EHR database and verified that all patient paperwork was complete.
- Followed up with “no show” patients on a daily basis and completed reactivation calls.
- Worked collaboratively with doctor and coworkers to ensure smooth patient flow and to minimize wait times.
- Maintained accurate records of patient care, condition, progress and concerns.
- Greet and check customers in, collect payments, answer incoming calls and make appointment for patients, scan patient’s incoming records & diagnostic codes and check all correspondence via the clinic’s email.
- Performed thorough chiropractic exams on all patients, take digital x-rays, and assist patients with therapeutic relief such as: electrical stimulation, ultrasound, physical therapy and deep tissue massage.
- Maintained office inventory, restock and order all supplies.
- Prescribed soft tissue therapies and corrective exercises to correct acute and chronic conditions.
- Adjusted and modified courses of treatment when needed.Instructed patients on post-treatment procedures, including breathing techniques, exercise and herbal medications.
- Questioned patients about physical and emotional health, lifestyles and diets to determine potential causes of pain.
- Observed and performed patient’s therapies, such as, electric muscle stimulation, ultrasound, diathermy, laser, mechanical traction, exercises and hydrotherapy.
- Showed patients how to use portable electric muscle stimulation device, lumbar belt and exercise ball.
- Prepared marketing materials for special events and seminars.
- Provided patients with excellent and careful care with their therapies such as ultrasounds, EMS, Tense Units, Intersect Metal, or any other therapies they needed.
- Collected money from patients and made sure everything was matching and all deposits where applied.
- Dealt with insurances for payments and obtained benefit information on patients.
- Maintained and operated the electronic health records and billing system.
- Managed insurance and billing related procedures of the facility and solved queries of the patients regarding their insurance.
- Attended training seminars for management and Chiropractic.
- Successfully managed all operations of chiropractic office, tasks include answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out, prepping patients to see the doctor, maintaining office cleanliness.
- Checked coverage, billed and resolved discrepancies with insurance companies.
- Increased amount collected from insurance companies and Personal Injury cases to an all-time high, within 4weeks of joining office.
- Directly assisted marketing manager. Responsible for organizing and distributing promotional and informational media.
- Collectively collaborated and launched new ideas, products, services, and promoted them accordingly.
- Conceptualized, designed, and edited marketing media via brochures, flyers, direct mailings, office displays, and informational articles.
- Expanded patient and customer base via field marketing, business to business marketing, and interoffice marketing and referrals.