Transportation Drivers transport passengers from one location to another. Their responsibilities include driving long distances, reporting incidents to a dispatcher, following traffic laws, inspecting trailers for defects, maintaining a lof of hours worked and reporting severe mechanical problems.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Transportation Driver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Transportation Driver resumes for your reference.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 1
- Reconstructed and delivered freight freight to over 100 locations via intermodal transport regardless of terminal location, day or night.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and initiative in the operations of the assigned motor vehicle by planning, completing, and communicating progress to management.
- Effectively supervised staff to guarantee passenger satisfaction as well as safety with a clear understanding of company service requirements.
- Developed innovative routes to eliminate wasted time on traffic-reduction by emptying truck of freight and trucks on freight by maintaining safe delivery rates.
- Served in leadership roles through effective performance management both locally and regionally.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 2
- Expedited cross-country shipments of all types, including live animals and oversized loads.
- Driven truck through bad weather conditions to deliver exotics such as tropical fish and over-sized equipment.
- Trained drivers of all types (class A, B, C) for new hires in the companies’ driver school; innovated guidelines for driver training program to allow for more effective training and testing.
- Cleaned terminals for 24 hours straight during periods of high customer service demand; worked a total of 19 days without any days off from the company from June 4th to July 3rd, inclusive.
- Completed a 3,000 mile round trip with no incident; transported military trucks from Canada to New Jersey without incident.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 3
- Handled commuter, intercity and long distance freight and passenger loads while adhering to established guidelines and company procedures.
- Maintained the highest quality of work through attention to detail, punctuality, and customer service.
- Earned prestigious awards for superior performance in on-time delivery and financial responsibility.
- Received outstanding satisfaction rating from customers as a result of outstanding customer service.
- Appeared as top-performer in the annual bonus review in addition to earning one of the top three bonuses for all employees.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 4
- Worked efficiently and effectively in a team-like atmosphere on moving and loading containers.
- Received recognition from management on an almost daily basis after hours while observing 300+ vehicles move over 35’000 pounds of freight.
- Trained four to five levels of employees on emergency procedures and safety standards.
- Recognized by the union for outstanding performance, as well as new positions, that were created as a result of the work performed.
- Received outstanding quality award after each quarter, demonstrating superior results with customers’ satisfaction which resulted in peak performance awards from upper management.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 5
- Met escalating demands for transportation services; completed each assignment within customer delivery guidelines.
- Aided driver in hauling two heavy and expensive pieces of machinery unassisted from one location to another; both pieces were delivered safely.
- Provided quality customer service while driving the company’s diesel trucks; contributed to a new company record in fuel efficiency.
- Compelled by unrelenting dedication to safety and customer satisfaction, I have totaled only one accident in over ten years of operation.
- Recognizing the ever-increasing demand for essential goods without delay, I have always met or exceeded management’s expectations.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 6
- Delivered freight throughout the Chicago Metropolitan area.
- Successfully and efficiently completed runs with accuracy, on-time delivery, and finesse.
- Accomplished a perfect score on an eight-hour test for truck driver ability in high and low gear.
- Received distinguished designation as an elite transportation professional by his Company for outstanding performance in a high risk role.
- Managed to obtain a perfect score on a ten-hour test for hazardous material drivers, which requires the skill of tiptoeing over boxes of TNT, dynamite, and propane gas.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 7
- Managed and drove two tractor trailers for two separate companies during one year.
- Overhauled heavy equipment, including loaders and excavators, as well as operating heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Trained numerous individuals to use equipment to include using a multi-ton loader.
- Achieved retention of company vehicle after more than three years of employment; maintained high personal performance standards.
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities, evidenced by a job retention rate surpassing that of the average sales force for an independent trucking firm.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 8
- Accomplished best service score among peers at a local delivery firm; recognized for exceeding customer satisfaction standards.
- Completed training certification course for federal licenses in transportation and security management.
- Pursued training in professional driving skills and advanced transports; effectively operated tractor trailer, forklift, and crane equipment.
- Honored for saving customer shipment from the threat of severe weather conditions; successfully drove load over 400 mi to avoid collision with oncoming tornado.
- Assumed leadership role in department during period of absence of over a month by Transportation Manager; provided consistent supervision without incurring additional costs.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 9
- Accurately transported, without incident, all freight within the company’s guidelines and on schedule.
- Maintained good relations with clients by providing courteous and professional service with a helpful attitude.
- Achieved record of excellence for meeting customer satisfaction goals; solved customer problems in an efficient manner.
- Met production goals by completing deliveries ahead of schedule; recognized as one of the top drivers in the fleet.
- Realized union membership aspirations after negotiating contract rights and benefits to ensure safe working conditions, fair salary and benefits, growth potentials, regular work hours, and advancement opportunities.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 10
- Applied to a bus pickup job at a local hotel (bus routes were operated by a different company outside of this position). After 13 weeks of training, responsible for 100 students.
- Executed over 2,000 trips in one year, including local and long-distance routes. Conducted unruly passengers (adult stabbings, drunken disorderly conduct) in compliance with the law and company policy requirements.
- Fired from this position after being caught concealing items for sale in the vehicle’s storage compartment without adequate segregation procedures or bus routes approved by management.
- Acquired truck operator license; co-owned trucking business which ran two semi-truck trucks on three local routes.
- Successfully passed a liquor delivery license test.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 11
- Delivered 250,000 lbs. of paper products on time within budget to manufacturing plants, distribution centers and retail customers.
- Maintained record for lowest cost-per-ton of delivery on the entire East coast through a network of independent truck drivers.
- Exceeded schedule standards and delivered top quality service by 100% inordinate number of times across a 5-state region.
- Achieved safety certification; never received a DOT violation or accident, even after operating in environments with severe driving conditions and high traffic volume.
- Reached contract agreement with the United Auto Workers union representative and successfully handled labor negotiations to gain efficient operations during work stoppage and layoffs.
Transportation Driver Resume Sample 12
- Motivated and supervised 50 employees; produced a ten-fold increase in efficiency through scheduling.
- Taught the importance of maintaining customer trust and confidentiality, by respecting the privacy of customers’ monetary holdings and packages.
- Provided motivation, energy, discipline, and teamwork to achieve community volunteer awards for 70% reduction in neighborhood burglaries.
- Volunteered extra hours to aid company top-ranking goals; awarded as Driver of the Quarter due to outstanding safety performance.
- Established new standards by creating a first-time delivery record after accomplishing in two days what normally takes three weeks due to unexpected strikes at ports south of city limits.
To work as a Transportation Driver, a high school diploma is generally required along with a CDL. No prior training is necessary and usually done on the job. To succeed as a Transportation Driver, it is essential to have good customer service skills, hand-eye coordination, hearing ability, patience, physical health, visual ability, and time management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.