Radiation Therapists work with oncologists to treat cancer patients with radiation therapy. Their duties consist of preparing patients for treatment, using medical imaging equipment, monitoring patient reactions, adjusting treatment accordingly, coordinating with oncology teams, ensuring machines are working properly, and giving ongoing support to patients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Radiation Therapist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Radiation Therapist resumes for your reference.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 1
- Effectively warmed and shielded patients from radiation during sessions, instilling a sense of trust and security.
- Patient care was achieved through the use of technologies including X-ray machines, linear accelerators, and brachy therapy units.
- Encouraged patients to take charge of their cancer treatment options by explaining procedures from start to finish.
- Assessed patient fitness levels to assess if they were capable of undergoing procedures such as body scans or ingesting pills that would treat the cause of their cancer(s).
- Provided tactful support, knowledge acquisition, and emotional concern for all patients who underwent treatments at the clinic.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 2
- Diagnosed and treated more than 300 radiated patients for sickle cell anemia, smallpox, HIV/AIDS, Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, bone disease, genetic complications of pregnancy, cancer of mouth and throat.
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop protocols for the treatment of brain tumors that reduced mortality rates resulting from radiation therapy by 50% overall; decreased instances of tumor regrowth in patients’ brains by 40%.
- Provided patient consultations on all aspects relevant to radiation therapy including chemotherapy tolerance.
- Instructed psychiatric nurse students about the importance of encouraging their patients who are receiving radiation treatments; provided consultation regarding tolerance levels during specific treatment periods.
- Created digital images of x-rays, CT scans, and MRIs to be used by other professionals for instruction.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 3
- Worked with many different patients of all age groups and genders to provide therapy necessary for recovery.
- Diagnosed radiation treatment for patient’s cancer based on results of imaging tests, such as CT scans or MRIs.
- Discovered abnormal tissue growth in five patients during treatment sessions through the use of ultrasound scanning equipment; immediately contacted physicians to assess further treatment plan.
- Treated side effects of chemotherapy by administering radiation treatments to specific areas of the body that were affected by the drugs taken orally by the patient.
- Reduced illness symptoms in children while working closely with nurse practitioners and nursing staff during daily activities at the clinic.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed three radiation therapy technician courses, including an internship at a hospital.
- Learned to safely operate equipment used to administer X-ray therapy, under the supervision of a doctor, nurse or other medical professional.
- Met strict deadlines for all patients while maintaining patient treatment records and reporting any adverse reactions caused by treatments given.
- Accurately performed calculations using formulas to determine dosages for various forms of radiation.
- Prescribed medication dosage amounts after taking the patient’s weight into account during each procedure.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 5
- Obtain professional licensure in all required fields with advanced training, education, and certifications.
- Establish networking alliances with local medical professionals to exchange information about current regional trends for patient care methodology.
- Qualify as an advisory member of the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life event; raised proceeds totaling $850 (see attached report).
- Meet the requirements of the National Association of Radiation Technologists by successfully passing three examinations on certification standards (see attached certification papers).
- Present new ways to improve patient outcomes by applying results from research conducted at national radiology conference; overall findings presented contributed to 56% more cost efficiency (see attached article).
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 6
- Prescribed radiation therapy for cancer patients in a manner that ensured quality control, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- Assessed the progress of cancer patients from initial stages to terminal moments with compassion, professionalism and patience.
- Discovered unique ways of eating healthy while encouraging clients toward better choices; improved outlook on life for clients by over 20%.
- Created positive feelings about working out toward physical fitness benefits; extended health benefits toward overall well-being.
- Reestablished hope for recovery through 12 years of continuing employment at Radiation Therapy Associates.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 7
- Counseled 30 patients suffering from cancer twice weekly during 20 hours of radiation therapy.
- Guided five elderly patients through their first sessions of chemotherapy without any negative reactions to the treatments.
- Developed skills in human relations and communication by counseling trauma victims, families of accident victims, and other individuals following accidents or disasters.
- Learned how to encourage others after counseling family members whose loved ones had terminal illnesses, drug addiction problems, incurable diseases, mental retardation problems, post-traumatic stress disorders or required amputations.
- Transferred my valuable people skills into valuable life skills by becoming an inspiration for those who are undergoing this type of therapy as well as cancer sufferers seeking normalcy after surgery.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 8
- Perform daily evaluations on patients, including initial assessment, review of patient files and established protocols.
- Educate patients regarding the nature of radiation therapy procedures according to physician’s directives.
- Collaborate with physicians for treatment planning; modify treatment plan as needed.
- Maintain equipment in optimal working condition using technical manuals, service contracts, and manufacturer software programs.
- Oversee daily operations by allocating time for units to be cleaned or serviced; ensuring that units are available during scheduled hours of operation (8a-6p).
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 9
- Expose patients to radiation for cancer treatment purposes.
- Prescribed and delivered radiation treatments based on current standards of care, with the goal of improving patient prognosis and quality of life.
- Diagnosed and treated various physical conditions with necessary equipment and techniques to help reduce pain and control symptoms associated with cancer, blood disorders, injuries, and other debilitating diseases or medical conditions.
- Reduced tumor size in a patient through non-surgical treatment; recognized by the physician as an effective method for managing patient’s condition.
- Provided guidance on post-treatment follow up care during three months handling high risk cases with aggressive tumors. Prevented one death from occurring per month.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample 10
- As Radiation Therapist, was responsible for patient care and the safe operation of the X-ray equipment.
- Provided radiation therapy services to patients in hospital, clinical, and medical facilities.
- Achieved perfect score on national certification exam in Nuclear Medicine Technology after successful completion of training program in Radiation Therapy.
- Created better ways of managing large quantities of information by developing software application to enhance my abilities as a knowledge worker; this resulted in winning an award for outstanding work performance.
- Collaborated with other research groups to design/implement new radiopharmaceuticals that maximized their specific clinical value; discovered improvements which increased productivity 50% overall while maintaining high quality.
To become a Radiation Therapist, you must have a degree in Radiation Therapy and be certified by the ARRT. Radiation Therapists must demonstrate knowledge of imaging equipment, have physical stamina, be compassionate and empathetic, have excellent hand-eye coordination, show attention to detail, and be able to think critically.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.