Insurance Clerks provide administrative and clerical support to their institute. Their duties include managing applications and documents, communicating with brokers and clients, enforcing policies and procedures, verifying patient eligibility, double-checking insurance denials, filing and mailing claims, and answering phone calls.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Insurance Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Insurance Clerk resumes for your reference.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a positive attitude and acted as a role model to the other staff members.
- Achieved position of excellence in time/task management, performance, and attendance.
- Achieved top score of three out of a possible five in order to be eligible for an award.
- Achieved the highest score on the Mid-Last Evaluation which was given by my supervisor.
- Completed tasks accurately, with little or no mistakes.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Specialist in claims, loss control, and compliance; processed claims for clients to meet program requirements.
- Adequately completed claims forms and other required documents as required by the insurance carrier’s processes.
- Received outstanding performance award from a peer who had previously served as a supervisor at a different company, based on my speed and accuracy in performing tasks.
- Recognized for professional attitudes by peers, as well as supervisors.
- Earned appreciation from a regional director for professional social media updates and providing content to the news feeds.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Quickly processed incoming claims; always stayed current with policies, procedures, forms, and regulations.
- Completed the annual review cycle of all policies; accurately processed renewals based on guidelines set forth by management.
- Maintained confidentiality of company documents; assisted with daily office duties to ensure smooth operations.
- Earned recognition for problem-solving skills; assisted in utilizing technology to maximize efficiency and generation of written output.
- Recognized by the Director of Insurance for attending management meetings without being required to. Maintained attendance records for scheduled training dates.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Documented claims, answered questions about policies, and handled complaints from customers.
- Met productivity goals by opening mail from the top down and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; effectively handled complaints and requests for refunds, while maintaining high levels of courtesy.
- Recommended actions for improved security based on analysis of loss history.
- Effectively supported employee relations team by addressing concerns and conflicts between employees while adhering to company’s guidelines regarding corporate objectives and HIPAA regulations.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Processed all incoming calls; successfully resolved customer complaints and inquiries.
- Achieved award for excellence in customer service; effectively handled all situations, including emergency situations.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; performed tasks that supported management objectives while striving for an excellent customer experience.
- Reimbursed all expenses including employee benefits, vacation pay, sick leave, and more.
- Received outstanding performance feedback on my performance goals for the month.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Analyses underwriting records for patterns to determine risk levels within the insurance company.
- Monitors and processes renewal payments for assigned clients.
- Recognized for excellent customer service skills by a senior employee who commented that I was a pleasure to work with and that I “excelled in a team environment.”
- Gained additional knowledge in state regulation of the Insurance Industry by attending a three-day seminar offered by the California Department of Insurance.
- Achieved award from the Senior Management Team for being an outstanding employee; read articles from professional journals and becoming aware of new insurance trends throughout California.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Accurately processed customer claims.
- Handled questions regarding quotes, coverage, and payments in a professional manner.
- Successfully generated an increase in sales of home insurance policies by over 30% within the first year of employment.
- Earned Appreciation Award for creative idea to expand products associated with bank products; generated an increase in bank market share by over 15% in the first year of employment.
- Developed new marketing approaches to help increase existing insurance policies by over 30% within the first year of employment.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Tracked the organization’s assets through asset management software.
- Replaced all expired retirement plans for employees.
- File maintenance within filing cabinets by placing files in alphabetical order, updating labels, and ensuring proper file folders were used to meet company guidelines.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; obtained quotes for insurance coverage based on detailed information provided by clients while maintaining professionalism throughout the process.
- Recommended changes to policies based on analysis of statistical data.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Processed insurance claims; maintained insurance records.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; continually checked claims, followed instructions, and received superior customer service.
- Achieved award for excellence in customer service; assist with the daily operations of new client meetings.
- Received outstanding quality award in a timely manner for successfully handling a large volume of client information.
- Worked in a team effort with staff in other departments, including Risk Management and Accounting to effectively meet goals and respond to client needs.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Established a new company policy that resulted in a decrease in the amount of time required for updated customer files.
- Planned and executed a successful employee appreciation lunch for 30 employees, which was acknowledged by the Vice President as a highlight of the year.
- Achieved award for outstanding clerical performance; updated policies and procedures manual with accuracy and efficiency.
- Identified out-of-date procedures and notified appropriate departments to be updated.
- Selected as employee of the month; effectively answered customer questions regarding insurance coverage.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Processed claims for medical, dental, and optical expense reimbursements.
- Ordered medical supplies; tracked inventory to ensure that orders were received in time for patients’ appointments.
- Provided support to the billing department; verified that physician’s signature was legible on all invoices.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; effectively handled calls from clients and their families who had a wide range of questions and concerns.
- Recognized by the Director of Accounts Payable as a reliable employee who worked hard to ensure that all invoices were properly processed before being sent out to patients’ insurance companies.
Insurance Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Accurately completed the daily issuance necessary to ensure timely and complete processing of employee benefits.
- Organized and processed eligibility forms for enrollment, retirement, and disability programs.
- Accurately received, categorized, summarized, tracked, and entered data into appropriate databases to achieve required results.
- Accurately reviewed changes to prevent further errors from continuing into the future.
- Reorganized the filing system to create a more accessible and efficient environment for employees.
To work as an Insurance Clerk, you must have a high school diploma, though some institutes require a Bachelor’s degree and experience in a relevant field. You must demonstrate computer skills, account management skills, communication skills, friendliness, teamwork, attention to detail, knowledge of medical or business terminology, ability to remain composed under stress, and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.