Security Consultants provide technical support for both digital and physical security systems. Duties vary but usually include solving issues with electronic access systems, cameras, and other systems used for securing property.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Security Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Security Consultant resumes for your reference.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Served as a lead officer at John F. Kennedy International Airport; maintained safe and secure environment for over one million daily passengers and employees, including heads of state and foreign dignitaries.
- Received two Commendations for outstanding performance from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA); identified four potential security breaches through behavior observation within six months.
- Performed security detail at five high-profile events, including international summits and Presidential visits, to ensure event success and protect VIPs.
- Earned two letters of appreciation for meritorious service from United States Secret Service Executive Personnel Office Director Joseph Clancy; protected Presidents Bush and Obama during eight overseas trips totaling 56 days in duration.
- Contributed to the success of a major drug interdiction operation by identifying ten international passengers with contraband.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Provided security for over 350 highly-sensitive diplomatic missions and VIP’s.
- Identified weaknesses in policies, procedures, and communication during a Force Recon Unit inspection by Commanding Officer/XO.
- Completed a successful 10 month tour as a Force Protection Team Leader on Camp Victory, Iraq where my efforts were recognized with the “Army Commendation Medal.”
- Secured sensitive materials from unauthorized access by implementing design changes to cut cabinets.
- Analyzed the integration of multiple military communication technologies for future technology advancements.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Validate clients’ security concerns by identifying their most vital areas of vulnerability.
- Configure equipment for optimal performance, often resulting in a reduction of costs, or increased efficiency.
- Establish effective training programs with customer’s employees to display the benefits of working within established guidelines.
- Prepare comprehensive reports on each incident with criteria based on international standards indicating any positive changes that were made as a result of the situation.
- Lead team into action during hostage situations and crisis events controlling tactical decisions involving negotiation techniques with suspects/victims while limiting damage to property or life.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Presented seminars and briefings on intelligence gathering to law enforcement agencies throughout the southeast.
- Monitored, recorded, and identified security risks during public events such as State of the Union speeches and presidential debates.
- Supervised employees in training programs; ensured compliance with established policies and procedures; maintained equipment readiness and inventory control.
- Managed security operations team for Presidential visit to Washington Middle School; coordinated all aspects of planning and implementation.
- Designed a security system for a US embassy in West African nation after evaluating needs following an attack by rebel forces.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Achieved expert status in all weapons and munitions used by the US Army.
- Trained an Iraqi Police force of 100 men in self-defense, riot control, and crowd dispersal techniques.
- Certified as a Master Instructor for the Defense Department Law Enforcement Training Program after teaching over 300 classes nationwide on topics including counterterrorism, criminal justice planning, and police supervision.
- Developed a new security concept that resulted in improved access control to a high-security storage area by integrating perimeter fencing with closed circuit TV monitoring technology.
- Secured clearance from federal government for Middle Eastern consultant to work on classified project involving counterinsurgency strategy development with tactical units assigned to protect military bases.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Investigated over 5,000 domestic and international terrorist threats.
- Successfully detected and reported credit card fraud through the identification of anomalous purchasing patterns.
- Scrutinized future security needs for a new multi-million dollar physical plant undergoing construction in order to assist in budgeting for projected purchases of material, equipment, and personnel.
- Monitored an average of six surveillance areas per work shift; apprehended eleven suspects/trespassers within assigned area when detected during nightly patrols.
- Exposed a shipment of explosives which were mistakenly delivered to a secure building due to a mislabeled address switch at shipping point.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Provide security and intelligence briefings for employees and executive management of high-activity facilities.
- Instructed over one hundred students in personal safety, crime, terrorism prevention, and hand-cuffing procedures.
- Maintained weapons qualifications with 99% accuracy upon firing at designated targets by day or night under all conditions.
- Provided communication support to establish daily communication channels between remote offices during emergency situations such as terrorist attacks across the United States on 9/11/2001; organized protocols for emergency medical treatment and evacuation of our assets while ensuring continuity of operations.
- Assets not only returned home safe and sound but also produced excellent results after completing reconnaissance missions around various facilities in hostile regions.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Investigated, apprehended and assisted in prosecuting 75 suspects for illicit activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with CQC (Close Quarters Combat), including use of knife, stick/baton, hand-to-hand combat, pistol, rifle.
- Conceived plans to secure four major water treatment plants against terrorist attack during weeklong security surveys.
- Established rapport with key liaison individuals during six month assignment in the Middle East.
- Earned recognition as an outstanding investigator who solved difficult national level cases involving drug trafficking rings.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Provided security assessment and design of SIPRNet, SECRET Internet Protocol Router Network, United States Department of Defense computer network.
- Completed comprehensive background investigation for a high-profile foreign celebrity with a top secret clearance. Conducted multiple interviews and successfully identified all subjects involved in illegal activities.
- Tracked down three suspects within two weeks of deployment; arrests led to the recovery of $900,000 worth of stolen military equipment valued at over $13,000,000. Referred case to federal prosecutor for indictment on charges for robbery and conspiracy.
- Collaborated with law enforcement officials from more than twenty agencies during three months of investigation leading to the identification and capture of more than twenty known cartel members.
- Assisted in the recovery of a kidnapped child by providing surveillance and logistical support for a joint local, state, and federal investigation over a three-week period.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Stabilize potentially dangerous situations through public speaking and effective communication.
- Devise crisis management protocols following active shooter situation at American Eagle Outfitters Headquarters.
- Establish new security procedures for US Air Force base, including access control, critical infrastructure, and high security environment documentation.
- Maintain safety concerns after contacting politicians about installing a perimeter fence around the White House grounds.
- Enhance personal protection of prisoner/inmate population by creating a system to ensure location monitoring after implementing GEO tracking devices in prison cells.
Security Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Identified crucial errors in security procedures resulting in $500,000 savings.
- Resolved six month ongoing conflict between employees and the public after establishing customized training curriculum for employees.
- Created new policies that reduced complaints by 15% within first year of implementation; recognized by Senior Management through award.
- Effectively implemented first ever security system for public transportation facility.
- Managed high profile government event with unprecedented success, averting threats of terrorism and international scrutiny.
For those specializing in cybersecurity, duties include installing and maintaining firewalls, responding to data breaches, and identifying weaknesses in a company’s digital defences. Educational requirements for physical security include a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a security-related field; for cybersecurity, you need a Bachelor’s in computer science and experience working with cybersecurity frameworks. Desired skills include attention to detail, strategic thinking skills, and project management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Security Consultant Resume Samples
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Security Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up