An Instructional Aide performs various tasks to help teachers. Their duties include helping students who are falling behind, making copies, setting up learning centers, helping students who are behind, helping reduce disruptive behavior, working with small groups of students, grading papers, and recording grades.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Instructional Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Instructional Aide resumes for your reference.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 1
- Promoted an improved learning environment in the classroom by supplying necessary items for lessons.
- Provided tutoring to students who required extra assistance with academics.
- Assisted in troubleshooting technical problems, including hardware and software malfunctions.
- Presented interactive demonstrations that enhanced lesson plans using several types of educational technologies.
- Effectively performed administrative tasks related to student activities, resulting in improved communication between staff members and parents.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 2
- Introduced new innovative measures for inclusion of children with special needs within the mainstream classroom; attained praise from senior management.
- Developed awareness and understanding of students’ physical, social, emotional, mental, moral, and ethical development through formal workshops.
- Trained on-call substitute skillfully to support staff in meeting the needs of diverse range of ESE students.
- Expanded knowledge on individualized education plans (IEPs) to better serve children with disabilities by attending training seminars on related topics.
- Improved grades for at-risk students through consistent monitoring and encouragement; recognized by peers as an outstanding instructional aide during last 3 years of service.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 3
- Compiled data for accurate reporting of state tests to ensure accountability.
- Aided in the successful implementation of an After School Enrichment Program by organizing, coordinating, and supervising students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Trained volunteers in special education classroom procedures; assisted with preparation for field trips.
- Provided support within a supportive environment for children who needed help adjusting to their home life circumstances; developed curriculum that used songs, language, and stories to teach academic content.
- Co-authored book chapter on teaching children with ADHD; contributed two peer-reviewed research articles to publication; presented conference papers at national convention.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw an average daily attendance of 256 students.
- Aided in the removing of five children from the behavior list by devising individualized strategies aimed towards challenging their attention, focus, or disruptive tendencies.
- Restored peace to a playground after calming down two children engaged in an intense argument which was disrupting other students at recess.
- Volunteered for six hours during the morning school drop off period to help students with parent pick-up and bus riders find their correct destination after school ended.
- Trained substitute individuals, who were new to the classroom, how to monitor three classrooms containing about 70 second grade students throughout the day under the supervision of class teachers.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 5
- Implemented new teaching techniques that increased student morale and motivation by 20%.
- Provided support, guidance, direction, training, and supervision to students in ELD instruction; led reading group.
- Emphasized importance of visual stimuli for developmentally disabled children; supported behavior modification program.
- Promoted interaction between parents and school through the creation of parent-teacher groups.
- Spearheaded an ambitious effort involving all instructional aides to replace ineffective teachers; received commendations from administration for exceptional service.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 6
- Instructed students in various learning styles to increase educational aptitudes.
- Assisted students with special needs by installing alternative reading programs, teaching basic keyboarding skills, facilitating health education courses, and instructing in behavior modification techniques.
- Oversaw daily operations for children’s program activities including lunch hour supervision, playground duty, field trips, and after school programs.
- Facilitated communication among parents by writing articles for publication in local church newsletter; increased community awareness of the learning center’s presence through these articles.
- Examined approaches to instruction by attending workshops on topics such as play therapy for preschoolers and utilizing storytelling methods to teach literacy.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 7
- Provided instruction for students who were not proficient in their academic material.
- Assisted student teachers to design and implement instructional plans that met learning objectives.
- Aided in the planning of lessons by gathering materials, writing scripts, and conducting practice activities for student teachers.
- Possessed extensive knowledge on the rules of the game of volleyball; coached six teams to four provincial championships.
- Managed school social events by organizing food catering, entertainment, decorations, ticket sales, etc.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in providing educational assistance to students with disabilities.
- Implemented state-approved IEPs for over 300 students by facilitating learning opportunities, communicating with teachers, parents, and district staff, creating appropriate activities, and assessing growth outcomes.
- Reformed classroom assessments by updating old tests and creating new assessment tools that have resulted in improved instructional effectiveness in the classroom for all students.
- Enhanced student motivation via creative ideas that have increased class participation in core subject areas leading to higher average test scores across grade levels at school.
- Maintained strict confidentiality when handling student information including directory data; email addresses are not available to third parties without written consent from the parent.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 9
- Filled in for absent teacher at elementary school, touring room setup prior to visiting classes.
- Developed student lesson plans for kindergarten children with special needs.
- Assisted teachers by supervising students during recess and providing feedback on classroom behavior during the day.
- Provided instruction for two subjects using different styles of teaching depending on learning requirements of students.
- Implemented guided reading tool to help third graders read fluently over 60 words per minute, improved state assessment scores 10% overall, and recognized as a Teacher’s Ace by peers.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 10
- Routed and downloaded web-based instructional reading material for middle school students who were classified as at risk.
- Mentored students in social studies study skills; motivated them to become active learners and work cooperatively with other members of the class.
- Advised parents of academic concerns i.n student progress via telephone conversations and individual conferences during after hours, through non-traditional office hours, and on weekends.
- Prepared daily progress reports outlining each student’s academic performance according to district guidelines; contributed to accountability efforts by verifying grades accurately within established timelines.
- Supervised students during lunch hour and recess periods; monitored students’ behavior, appearance, and cleanliness standards according to school guidelines.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 11
- Improved tardiness, tardiness rates, and average daily attendance through active management of student behavior.
- Gathered research on current trends in education to effectively communicate with parents.
- Facilitated emotional support for children who were victims of bullying by coordinating counseling resources.
- Orchestrated an after-school tutoring program for at-risk students based on successful models from the US Department of Education.
- Volunteered as a substitute teacher during illness to maintain continuity of instruction for students by collaborating with classroom teachers.
Instructional Aide Resume Sample 12
- Tracked and witnessed three years of academic success by students identified as special needs through the gifted program.
- Became a national award winner when children submitted 10,000 customer service points; led assembly presentation to all school personnel in celebration.
- Encouraged volunteers for fundraising efforts that raised $40,000 in two years; solicited alumni donations to fund new curriculum and educational activities.
- Recognized for excellence in education after winning the State Award for Academic Excellence four years consecutively.
- Directed student mentoring program to provide role models and tutors to elementary students from low-income families.
Educational requirements for this job are a minimum of a high school diploma and on-the-job training, but a bachelor’s degree in education would be preferred. An instructional aide must demonstrate these skills: accurate record keeping, patience, compassion, stamina, time-management skills, ability to be a team player, and preparedness.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.