Courtesy Clerks are not only responsible for providing excellent customer service but also handling all cash transactions. These include check to cash, operating the cash register, and balancing the cash drawer at the end of each shift. The top skills for this position are customer service, sales, cash handling procedures, cashiering procedures, and knowledge of store policies. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, but the retail experience can be helpful.
The Best Courtesy Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Courtesy Clerk resumes for your reference.
- Greeted customers cheerfully and promptly upon entering the store
- Performed general cleaning duties to maintain cleanliness after shift end.
- Provided timely information regarding products, services, promotions, and locations of products within the store.
- Adhered to company standards in regards to theft prevention policies during work hours.
- Delivered customer service that resulted in a 60% retention rate for all targeted clientele; evaluated favorably by the manager while identified as a stand-out employee with unlimited potential.
- Promoted to Courtesy Clerk after only 6 months in original position due to excellent performance.
- Provided world-class customer service by proactively identifying, anticipating, and responding to the needs of patrons.
- Improved store profitability during a difficult economic period by offering new ideas for minimizing expenses and maximizing product turnover.
- Partnered with several cross-functional departments on company initiatives; organized events including a food drive benefiting local families this holiday season.
- Developed rapport with customers throughout the East Texas community through established ties at Chamber of Commerce events and Louisiana State University alumni functions.
- Greeted and welcomed customers with enthusiasm and a desire to serve. Used ongoing training to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Developed knowledge of merchandise, pricing structure, and location in the store. Provided excellent customer service and maintained a neat, clean, and orderly department.
- Maintained ongoing contact with employees at other stores about new products and services; used successful selling techniques to increase product sales by 20%.
- Participated in community events which included providing information about available jobs; demonstrated integrity during cash shortages resulting from mishandled refunds.
- Recognized as an outstanding employee for consistent positive work ethic; displayed a passion for retailing through dependability beyond expectations.
- Ranked #1 sales associate for the company’s top product during the first month of employment.
- Provided superior service to all customers; thanked by visitors on the exit survey.
- Effectively increased customer awareness and store traffic through creative marketing displays, flyers, coupons, and advertisements.
- Redeemed large percentage of coupon rewards issued by store; tripled total dollar amount in savings for customers compared to the previous year.
- Recognized by Manager for the positive attitude and high energy level after completing a 5-day management training course at state headquarters.
- Accurately processed invoices and routed orders to appropriate departments for fulfillment.
- Exhibited ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Proficiently decorated cakes according to client requests, creating themed cakes ranging from sports teams to animals, to cartoon characters.
- Flawlessly formatted data in Microsoft Excel; revised weekly reports by implementing new formulas.
- Identified time-saving techniques and improved processes through the use of barcode scanner technology; recognized by Executive Assistant for outstanding performance.
- I have been exercising excellent customer service skills for almost two years.
- Worked one on one with customers to make sure that our service goes above and beyond what they expected.
- Trained new employees on how to treat customers to maintain their business.
- Worked with managers to ensure the best shopping experience possible for our customers.
- Cheerfully interact with customers while carefully loading their purchased items.
- Presented a pleasant and memorable shopping experience to customers.
- Provided fast and efficient assistance to customers with a friendly and willing demeanor.
- Cleaned Cart Corrals, kept parking spaces clear of carts, helped customers from check stand to their vehicles and bagged their merchandise.
- Executed price checks found products for guests checked back stockroom for items and fulfilled other customer requests.
- Greeted more than 100 customers daily responded to their inquiries helped them locate products and offered assistance in the store.
- Assist cashiers and customers at the checkout counter by bagging purchased products.
- Ensure the safety of items (such as eggs and milk) by gently handling them.
- Round up any stray shopping carts and put them in the right place.
- Pick up litter from the parking lot and the store and make sure that it is put away in garbage cans.
- Maintained the front end and parking lot, assisting customers to their cars and collecting shopping carts from the parking lot.
- Recommended and helped customers select merchandise based on their needs.
- Confirmed that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Informed customers about sales and promotions in a friendly and engaging manner.
- Tracked down sources of special products and services to meet customers’ special needs.
- Perform unsupervised duties such as spill clean-up, assist checker at the register, clear the lot when I see it’s full, and help customers at any time.
- Experienced with cleaning both workspace areas and public facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be timely and conscientious with every assigned task.
- Commended for excellent follow-through of company policies and procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service and increased product knowledge in the store.
- Excel with helping customers and giving them a positive experience.
- Conducted one-on-one training in the use of various store procedures and devices.
- Learned multiple aspects of the job and shared knowledge with other employees.
- In charge of ensuring price tags and store, signage is matched up correctly with register and ads.
- Retrieving misplaced shopping carts promptly for customer usage.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of various departments.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. To make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.