A Foreclosure Specialist makes sure all legal steps are taken whenever a mortgage goes into foreclosure. Duties include completing a daily checklist of steps to be taken, preparing progress reports, managing any outstanding tasks, meeting deadlines for completing steps, communicating with attorneys, providing accurate up-to-date figures to all interested parties, and processing fees.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Foreclosure Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Foreclosure Specialist resumes for your reference.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Handled all pre-foreclosure and foreclosure duties for assigned properties. Completed daily documents, including Notice of Default (NOD), Proof of Claim (POC), and NOD responses.
- Scheduled and attended hearings to complete required tasks; filed forms that were necessary to the completion of property foreclosures after receiving written requests from courts regarding other parties’ claims on the property.
- Investigated property status by analyzing property records, land abstracts, county assessor’s information, and other legal documents related to foreclosure proceedings. Made telephone calls to contact banks or attorneys that might have relevant information pertaining to potential problems linked with a given debtor or creditor.
- Prepared new foreclosure notices by assembling file folders containing all necessary documents for the notice. Assigned new cases to employees by entering properties into computer system, including debtor’s letter, NOD paperwork, POC sheet, and notes on actions taken.
- Prepared files for eviction after auction by packaging property title information with other related paperwork. Packaged all materials in an orderly fashion, including title information, affidavits of value, county deed records, and other documentation relating to properties.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Handled the foreclosure process by maintaining comprehensive records of all documents and required forms. Maintained security in files, ensuring confidentiality of vital information.
- Provided quick service to homeowners by following up with delinquent owners on unverified claims. Verified and updated financial documents to reflect current status. Revised and resubmitted incomplete applications for processing upon request from borrower/homeowner.
- Contacted homeowners multiple times per week via telephone calls or emails to discuss any issues that would allow for an agreeable conclusion that satisfied both parties.
- Answered questions from borrowers regarding the foreclosure process, describing in detail how recording works, what documentation is required at each step along the way, and how all fees are charged.
- Prepared files for foreclosure by obtaining missing documents, making copies of all forms to be submitted to the court, and ensuring all documentation is in compliance with state and federal laws.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Researched property appraisal reports, legal documents, county tax records, and mortgaged accounts to determine proper course of action in foreclosure proceedings. Assessed the financial impact of each decision by manipulating formulas to determine principal distribution amounts.
- Prepared daily summaries for executive team detailing current status in all projects that were assigned; identified any issues in project processes or timelines. Identified potential conflicts within department workflow by identifying any trends related to specific properties.
- Examined cases with risk factors requiring review by manager; communicated with customers via email or telephone calls to discuss concerns; worked collaboratively with customers to increase potential resolutions.
- Proactively reached out to customers regarding collections actions on their delinquencies; researched and analyzed financial information in order to provide accurate, detailed information.
- Managed multiple priorities and adhered to strict deadlines; coordinated with customers, vendors, and team members to ensure that projects were completed timely. Prepared reports detailing the status of all assigned accounts; attended weekly meetings to provide updates.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Provided support to 17 foreclosure specialists and 11 team leads by completing daily tasks within established deadlines.
- Scheduled and completed over 200 title searches for Real Estate Investment Trusts, Mortgage Loan Servicers, and Private Lenders via an online request system. Recorded results of title searches in the company’s database.
- Reviewed all documents before signing or initialing them to ensure accuracy; prepared documents for recording with county offices. Prepared new mortgage loan files by researching property ownership records and assessing financial documentation submitted by customers. Also reviewed contract rates submitted by customers to ensure compliance with contractual rate conditions agreed upon between customer and company .
- Investigated inconsistencies identified on public records; analyzed photographs of properties to investigate possible discrepancies between the property’s appearance and its physical address.
- Entered all data into Real Estate Trust Systems (RETS), a loan servicing software, to prepare for foreclosure proceedings.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Wrote and submitted over 25,000 foreclosure notices to local municipalities; monitored legal documents for all new foreclosures.
- Conducted secondary research on behalf of clients by collecting and collating data from numerous sources and developing informational reports that were reviewed and distributed by management.
- Investigated violations, identifying those responsible through the analysis of municipal records; presented those findings orally or in written form to attorneys/management as required.
- Created National Foreclosure Contract (NFLC) files, ensuring contractual compliance by comparing client foreclosure requests with various mortgage documentation including assignment of mortgage, power of attorney, notice of default/notice of sale, trustee’s deed upon sale, and affidavits of service.
- Assisted in the development of a new contract to allow online submission of foreclosure requests, allowing clients to submit their documents electronically and speeding up foreclosure process significantly.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Worked as a member of a three-person Foreclosure Specialist team to maintain and update information in the various databases used by the Foreclosure Division. Entered default notices, crediting payments, and deleting delinquencies to keep foreclosure accounts current.
- Responsible for working with customers to find alternate payment plans via telephone calls and letters, resolving past due account issues to allow payment resumption without foreclosure proceedings being initiated.
- Identified delinquent accounts from public records by comparing property ownership data with accounts receivable database records to create lists that were then utilized by field agents for follow-up contact purposes.
- Successfully closed multiple residential properties directly resulting from acquisition efforts through negotiations with the legal representative of an incorporated entity.
- Worked with other members of the Foreclosure Specialist team to create and update procedures for dealing with delinquent accounts, including sending letters to customers who fell behind on payments. Communicated updates to all employees within the department through email communication.
Foreclosure Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Trained new staff in the relevant aspects of loan foreclosure including researching client files, evaluating client documents, templates for filing documents with courts and financial institutions.
- Renewed over 100 foreclosed properties by identifying vacancies in the foreclosure system, updating information on home owner’s association dues, notices to homeowner’s insurance company, property taxes, utilities, etc.
- Reviewed all documentation related to foreclosure process to ensure completeness and accuracy before submitting it to legal department for final review.
- Provided weekly reports to management team on status of filings in process in order to assess where bottlenecks existed in the foreclosure process. Identified areas that were hindering productivity within legal department through regular communication with managers.
- Provided assistance with local foreclosure auctions by providing information on properties, including documents related to the foreclosure process. Created digital floor plans of foreclosure properties for use by realtors.
At least a high school diploma is required for this position, plus 4 years related experience. Skills needed are collaboration skills, excellent math and computer skills, accuracy, ability to meet deadlines, management skills, supervisory skills, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work without supervision.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.