Hairdressers are responsible for providing a variety of hair care services, including coloring, cutting, and styling. They also offer scalp massage treatments and offer advice on the best styles to suit their client’s personality. The top skills for this position are customer service, problem-solving abilities, sales, listening skills, and hair care knowledge. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, but experience in barbering can also be helpful.
The Best Hairdresser Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hairdresser resumes for your reference.
- I maintain a steady clientele, providing them with hair services, excellent customer service, and ensuring that they have a pleasant experience overall.
- My responsibilities are advertising, weekly inventory, monthly bills, and maintaining a professional work ethic daily.
- This is a part-time career for me and my schedule is very flexible with another job I try to pursue.
- Provided expert hair design, cutting, and styling for customers.
- Trained to the full completion, from White to Black Belt, three private students by 2 years of ongoing home hair design instruction.
- Performs hair style consultation in order to decide what services the client needs.
- Provides services to clients such as shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring, and highlighting as desired.
- Emphasizes product benefits and assists clients in the selection of retail products or services for their hair care needs.
- Maintains a consistent relationship with a client base in order to ensure return clients.
- Received reward for arranging a fashion showcase attended by 300 actors and media personnel.
- Created and maintained spreadsheets for weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
- Implemented weekly individual meetings to ensure staff satisfaction, resulting in staff, as well as client retention.
- Built strong and lasting relationships with a diverse community by generating strong and impactful interactions on a regular basis.
- Fostered interpersonal skills and knowledge of international business during six months of travel across eleven nations conducting hair design seminars.
- Realized new potentials for human sharing, cooperation, and diplomacy after developing relationships between opposing hair competitors at contests.
- This position taught me how to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- This position helped me to build confidence in my skills as a hairdresser as well as talking to customers.
- Our store was able to consistently meet sales goals due to a strong sense of teamwork as well as add-on service and retail sales.
- Created conversational styles and personalized customer recommendations; offered as a valued service to customers.
- Proved consistency in closing sales during high volume, fast-paced retail environments by achieving sales goals of commission and bonuses.
- Knowledge of hair massage, color application, setting rollers, and blow-dry techniques.
- Basic Cutting hair techniques. Provide services such as bleaching, conditioning, and tinting.
- Promote and sell services and products, including recommending and selling additional services and/ or retail products.
- Generated donation money through my fundraising efforts at the “Bridal Ball”; raised over $6000 to benefit the American Cancer Society.
- Demonstrated artistic talent by painting over 15 floral arrangements monthly for 2 years; secured awards for outstanding floral artistry.
- Assessed customer needs and gave advice about hairstyle and color options.
- Educate clients about products and self-maintenance for healthy hair.
- Used various hair cutting tools including scissors, trimmers, clippers, razors, and brushes.
- Established a strong relationship with the client base to generate long-term business.
- Competed in national hair design competition and won $5000 for 1st place prize; recognized as a world-class beauty artist.
- Recommended and sold hair products to clients.
- Scheduled appointments and checked clients in/out.
- Obtained payment for services and products.
- Opened and closed salon, reconciled cash register, and made bank deposits.
- Provided a full range of styling services for clients in an attractive, lucrative, and efficient manner.
- I am an accomplished hairdresser in Los Angeles and have 16 years of experience working with clientele, teaching other hairdressers in-salon cutting and color techniques, and styling hair in classic or modern styles.
- I currently have my own business called SilverStar Studios which is a hair studio located in Santa Monica.
- I am a highly trained hairdresser and specialize in any and all hair designs, cuts, and colors for all genders.
- Adhered to the highest standards of professionalism and customer service.
- Maintained attention to detail while maintaining a friendly and professional environment with staff and clients.
- Working with clients, giving them makeovers, color, haircuts, make-up, perms & relaxers.
- Cleaning salon and selling products.
- Making my own appointments, helping another stylist if needed.
- Trained new attendants in advance of their employment dates.
- Maintained all pertinent client information without fail; acknowledged by salon managers for efficiency.
- Provide clients with exceptional customer service, by listening to their needs and desires.
- Responsible for handling cash and balancing till.
- Recommend professional products while building a level of trust.
- Responsible for filing client information in a computer.
- Educated, inspired, and motivated over 150 women at every level of competition in hair styling techniques, cutting techniques, and makeup.
- Men’s haircuts women children haircuts trained and mentored new hires provided excellent customer service maintained the store cleanliness and kept an upbeat positive salon atmosphere while meeting the sales goal and surpassing the minimum expectations of client retention by 30 %.
- Increased the revenue and provided retail support and technology to all staff members including management.
- Help launch the grand opening, cash handling, and well-spoken professional propper phone skills were required at all times.
- Educated and motivated clients on maintaining their natural beauty through a healthy diet, exercise routine, and product usage.
- Performed over 500 procedures on both men’s and women’s hair.
- Combining years of broad experience in hair styling, well versed with all the latest techniques and procedures, dedicated to exploring the market on and regular basis in order to find new and creative ideas.
- Self-employed contractor in hair design, color, styling, and makeup.
- Perform sales and marketing duties regularly to increase client base.
- Building client rapport and maintaining client relationships to increase referral business.
- Maintain appointments and balance incoming payments with business expenses.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.